Aoe3 DE Expansion

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Aoe3 DE Expansion

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

As Aoe2 is getting a new Last Khans DLC along with DE, will Aoe3 also get some new DLC with new Civilizations? Thoughts?
I hope it is true since we have some greatest Aoe3 modders like Tilanus within Forgotten Empires Team.
If it follows the same trend then we might have 3 new Civilizations.
Assuming this is true which region and civilization will you like to see?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Re: Aoe3 DE Expansion

Post by helln00 »

I would like it continue the trend so far with the expansions, with 3 civs from a continent. So 3 civs from Africa should do, the easy one would be Egypt, Ethiopian and Zulu.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I would love to see new civilizations.

There is still a lot of potential for:
  • European powers which fit to the timeline: Sweden, Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Hungary, (Italy)
  • African powers fitting to the timeline: Kongo, Ethiopia, Ashanti/Oyo/Mali, Morocco, (Zulu)
  • Asian powers: Persia, Siam, Indonesia

To me, Egypt does not fit to the timeline, since it was conquered by Ottomans in early 1500s and only lost in late 1800s. It did not play a role as an independent country.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

duckzilla wrote:I would love to see new civilizations.

There is still a lot of potential for:
  • European powers which fit to the timeline: Sweden, Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Hungary, (Italy)
  • African powers fitting to the timeline: Kongo, Ethiopia, Ashanti/Oyo/Mali, Morocco, (Zulu)
  • Asian powers: Persia, Siam, Indonesia

To me, Egypt does not fit to the timeline, since it was conquered by Ottomans in early 1500s and only lost in late 1800s. It did not play a role as an independent country.

Egypt would be represented by the Mamelukes, who where a power to be reckoned with during the earliest and the later time periods covered by age of empires 3. As far as timelines are concerned, the biggest problem with the format right now is that the asian civs colonial age is basically covering the 18-19th centuries - what would be the european powers industrial and imperial ages - calling in redcoats from the consulate and throwing boxer rebellions, all the while european powers is prancing around with crossbows. Imagine if the Germans had Krupp cannons and mauser rifles in age 2 lol. :devilrazz:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I would like to see more content in the theme of Scrambled African Eggs
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

bepsi wrote:Egypt would be represented by the Mamelukes, who where a power to be reckoned with during the earliest and the later time periods covered by age of empires 3. As far as timelines are concerned, the biggest problem with the format right now is that the asian civs colonial age is basically covering the 18-19th centuries - what would be the european powers industrial and imperial ages - calling in redcoats from the consulate and throwing boxer rebellions, all the while european powers is prancing around with crossbows. Imagine if the Germans had Krupp cannons and mauser rifles in age 2 lol. :devilrazz:

The problem is that Mamelukes do not provide any proper base for a late-game Egypt. Neither did the Mamelukes regain their territory nor was Muhammad Ali an independent figure. Mameluk Egypt simply ceases to exist after 1517 and becomes (a part of) the Ottoman Empire.

I actually like the format of Asian civs' colonial age. The Spanish/Portuguese/Dutch/English were trading in all of these empires already in the early 1500s. It was also not too unusual to form alliances between european/asian powers during that time (less true for China, but very true for India). The timelines seem to fit nicely with the Qing empire starting in 1644, the Mughals 1526-1700s and the Tokugawa shogunate 1603-1867 (Daimyo/Shogun/ashigaru/samurai all come from this era). To me, this is just very well designed.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

U.S.A. most likely. They have more than one homecity for them, flags, voice files...
Ditto Knights of St. John
No Flag d4442
Crossbow

Post by d4442 »

I would like to see at least one new nation for each culture group:

European: Sweden (eventually Poland or Venice)

American: Incas

Asian: Persia (eventually Korea or Siam)

Brand new culture group like African nations would be also welcome. It could be:
- Ethiopia
- Songhai
- Morocco (eventually Egypt)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hopefully they don't add any new civs and just balance the current ones instead.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Kaiserklein wrote:Hopefully they don't add any new civs and just balance the current ones instead.

I think Microsoft will be more intersted in attracting thousands of new player than satisfying 15 hardcore gamers, so the probability to get new civs is big
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Americas: USA, Mexico and either Apache or Gran Colombia.
Europa: Austria, Sweden and the Kingdom of Italy
Africa: Egypt, Zulu and Wakanda
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

If they want to be conservative and avoid taking too many risks they could add a civ for each one of the already existing categories - one euro, one native american and one asian civ - so that they don't have to come up with something that might stray too far from the original game. Honestly i would prefer that over a brand new continent for the simple reason that the developers who will work on AoE3 will probably have 0 experience with the game, so they should take some time to get in touch with the spirit of the game before creating new official innovative content.

E.g. Austrians, Comanche and Koreans
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Post by Ting »

Zulu? They would fight with bones and arrows? Let's be serious.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Aztecs? They would fight with bones and arrows? Let's be serious.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

If I have to add I will like to add some more non-European Civilizations like Persians, Siam and Inca. They were strong and influential in Aoe3 time period. But they are from no specific region. So I doubt if they can be added.
Going by region/continent logic of Aoe3 dlcs I think best areas to cover might be Africans and Middle Easterns. Though I am unable to think proper 3 civilization for the regions. Africans can have Ethiopians and Bantu and some other third civilization. Middle East can have Arabians and Persians and one more civilization. That one more civilisation may be chosen as the long demanded civilization USA as a spinoff like the 'African' Kingdoms dlc of Aoe2 bought us the Portuguese as well. Or if there is some better suggestions for the 3rd civilization?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:Though I am unable to think proper 3 civilization for the regions.

savage xD
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I still think that a properly justified new civilization would need to qualify by having been at least somewhat "imperial" in the games timeframe of 1492-1870. In the middle east there was simply total Ottoman domination for entire timespan, except for Persia. I do not see a justification for an "Arabia", since there was just not anything which resembled an empire or even a unified country during the time.

For Africa the picture is a bit more diverse, although the western African empires ceased to exist already before the beginning of the timeframe. Ethiopia is an obvious choice. Kongo would fit very well due to the context of colonization.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

duckzilla wrote:I still think that a properly justified new civilization would need to qualify by having been at least somewhat "imperial" in the games timeframe of 1492-1870. In the middle east there was simply total Ottoman domination for entire timespan, except for Persia. I do not see a justification for an "Arabia", since there was just not anything which resembled an empire or even a unified country during the time.

For Africa the picture is a bit more diverse, although the western African empires ceased to exist already before the beginning of the timeframe. Ethiopia is an obvious choice. Kongo would fit very well due to the context of colonization.

Kongo= subtribe of Bantu

Yeah Arabia was not an empire in Aoe3 time period but it was a group of many Arabian Tribes which put resistance to Ottoman Empire, ottomans never really conquered all of Arabia even at the height of their empire: http://www.allaboutturkey.com/img/ottom ... e-1580.gif
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

We dont have to be too strict about the "imperial" criteria i think since Sioux and Iroquois follows tribal/confederacy structures. Arabia would just have to be based off the Hashemite Kingdom or the Saud. I mean Germany in this game is just prussia and not germany proper.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

It would make sense to add Switzerland. During the period that Age of Empires 3 plays, Switzerland had some decisive victories against the Holy Roman Empire and the French. Before being ultimately conquered by France for a short period of time. Finally attacking France as part of the Coalition. Austria and Italy should be added as well.
Great Britain Simples
Crossbow

Post by Simples »

Its based in the new world, add more native civs!
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Contrary to Iroquois/Sioux, the Arabian tribes did not play a role in the AoE3's colony context. It seems arbitrary to add them. You could just as well add Oman/Hormuz/Ayyubids/Nubians/Granada/Kazan/Golden Horde/Timurids/Uzbeks/Oirats/Uyghurs/Khorasan/Afghanistan/Luristan/Georgia/Armenia/Greece.

Even though Kongo is a subtribe of Bantu, I would not add Bantu itself as it has never been a unified entity. The Kingdom of Kongo though played an important role in trade with western Europe (especially Portugal) and their kings were even baptized to Christianity.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I'd like to see them cover more of South America, Australia, Alaska, Pacific islands, Macao.

Civilisations: Maya, Inca, Venetians / Genoans / Italians (one of them), Americans, Austro-Hungarians and maybe one Scandinavian civ.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

@Dolan strange choices
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Imagine your Polynesian units performing the haka before a battle, which requires them to be "idle" and granting a 5-10 sec bonus similar to Inspiration for Indians Image