Aoe3 DE Expansion

No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Re: Aoe3 DE Expansion

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

By the way I have a doubt, will Aoe3 DE come out next year 2021 or it's 20th anniversary 2025 ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Adam Isgreen wrote:I will say that later this year, we will start taking the wraps off both Age III and Age IV.

~ https://www.pcgamesn.com/age-of-empires-2-definitive-edition/new-civs
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

If Arabia doesnt work, then we could go more into Central Asia, with Great Game context, maybe Afghanistan during the 18th century
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Afghan is actually a branched culture of Persian so I think we should have more diversity in picking a civilization.

I believe most people agree on these civilizations: Persian, Ethiopian, Inca, American, Italian
But they are not from a specific region. It can be a kind of Forgotten Empires DLC.
No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Post by Ting »

The countries that makes more sense to be added are Sweden, Austria, Lithuania-Poland Commonwealth. But then people are going to cry "oh it's always europe centric, this is discrimination" and they will probably make some full african expansion this time.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Ting wrote:The countries that makes more sense to be added are Sweden, Austria, Lithuania-Poland Commonwealth. But then people are going to cry "oh it's always europe centric, this is discrimination" and they will probably make some full african expansion this time.

Problem is that they are not colonial powers so they dont fit the european culture in game.
And yes we have had enough Europeans....they are boring and similar.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

If the approach MS has taken towards AoE2 is any indication, new civs for AoE3 are almost guaranteed. Hopefully they'll get in contact with the WoL and NE teams -- with some balancing the civs those guys have made could be a solid addition to the game.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

IIRC Sweden and Italy were planned to be in the basegame already but were canceled. I'd say those two + Austria are the most obvious. I honestly don't think they would go for something incredibly specific such as Zulu or Venice or Afghanistan or whatever, considering the existing civs are more so summed up and have a common label on them that does not make any sense. (Japan, China, India instead of Tokugawa-Shogunate, Qing, Mughals, Spain even though at the beinning of the timeframe that would be Castille, Germany instead of Prussia, all the natives which never have been an entity etc. etc.)

Just to clarifiy where i am coming from: It would imo feel wierd and not fitting if the line of civs would read like modern national states and then they add some city states, small independent nations that only existed for a few hundred years etc. IMO them labelling the civs with modern names is very deliberate, making them more appealing to a wider audience. Don't think DE would break with that pattern to satisfy some history nerds. So if anything, expect an "African" Civ LUL
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

The question is what happens to ESOC patch when the DE comes out?

It's going to be a downgrade at this point because of all the work that Eaglemut has put into it
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

kami_ryu wrote:The question is what happens to ESOC patch when the DE comes out?

It's going to be a downgrade at this point because of all the work that Eaglemut has put into it

I think if the team behind Aoe3 DE ignores the success and influence of the last tournament it's not going to put them in a good position. Either Aoe3 DE will be up to standard or it'll get ignored by the better players or ESOC will adapt itself to Aoe3 DE. Either way I would not worry. We aren't going to be in the same situation that we were in with AS fan patch vs. RE patch when they (i.e Robot/ES remains) knew damn well there wouldn't be another when they released it into competition with the AS fan patch. Aoe3 DE is a new product and will get supported at least to a certain degree.

Furthermore, as the ESOC patchs goal was to not do too many radical changes which I think was a good idea, it's pretty likely that such things will get adopted much like how some of the less radical parts of the AS fan patch were adapted into RE.

Papist wrote:If the approach MS has taken towards AoE2 is any indication, new civs for AoE3 are almost guaranteed. Hopefully they'll get in contact with the WoL and NE teams -- with some balancing the civs those guys have made could be a solid addition to the game.

Oh. I should add this too. https://ne.elpea.net/forum/portal.php

According to this Tilanus Commodor has been working with Forbidden Empires since January 2018 at the earliest. That bodes well in theory.
No Flag Ivenend
Crossbow

Post by Ivenend »

Personally I hope for Italy, Sweden and Poland.

Though more likely they would add one European, one Native and one Asian if they want to add more civs.
No Flag Ivenend
Crossbow

Post by Ivenend »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:By the way I have a doubt, will Aoe3 DE come out next year 2021 or it's 20th anniversary 2025 ?

Probably in 2020 according to this:
https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/11 ... 64513?s=20
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The AS fanpatch also wasn’t that good. It didn’t have great changes, no new maps, no technical features integrated. Losing that patch isn’t much.

Given more time and effort put into ESOC patch there is a lot to give up really.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Papist wrote:If the approach MS has taken towards AoE2 is any indication, new civs for AoE3 are almost guaranteed. Hopefully they'll get in contact with the WoL and NE teams -- with some balancing the civs those guys have made could be a solid addition to the game.

Oh. I should add this too. https://ne.elpea.net/forum/portal.php

According to this Tilanus Commodor has been working with Forbidden Empires since January 2018 at the earliest. That bodes well in theory.

As much as I like NE and WoL, I don’t feel that many—if any—of the civs fit well into AoE3 without feeling super gimmicky.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I both hope and don’t think they’ll add new civs. Also there’s still no confirmation that FE is working on AOE3 DE.
mad cuz bad
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

_H2O wrote:The AS fanpatch also wasn’t that good. It didn’t have great changes, no new maps, no technical features integrated. Losing that patch isn’t much.

Given more time and effort put into ESOC patch there is a lot to give up really.

Pretty much yeah. It’s hard to know how things would have proceeded given time and If Robot didn’t pretend like they were going to continue supporting the game but because of the time investment into ESOC and the recent success of the New World Tournament we aren’t going to be in that situation this time regardless.

Mitoe wrote:As much as I like NE and WoL, I don’t feel that many—if any—of the civs fit well into AoE3 without feeling super gimmicky.

While I agree there are two things. First I think no matter what they do with aoe3 HD someone is going to be unhappy. Second, I think it's pretty reasonable to say some people would refer to some of the existing civilizations in aoe3 as gimmicky.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Peachrocks wrote:
_H2O wrote:The AS fanpatch also wasn’t that good. It didn’t have great changes, no new maps, no technical features integrated. Losing that patch isn’t much.

Pretty much yeah. It’s hard to know how things would have proceeded given time and If Robot didn’t pretend like they were going to continue supporting the game but because of the time investment into ESOC and the recent success of the New World Tournament we aren’t going to be in that situation this time regardless.

Mitoe wrote:As much as I like NE and WoL, I don’t feel that many—if any—of the civs fit well into AoE3 without feeling super gimmicky.

While I agree there are two things. First I think no matter what they do with aoe3 HD someone is going to be unhappy. Second, I think it's pretty reasonable to say some people would refer to some of the existing civilizations in aoe3 as gimmicky.

Then let's use the term "more gimmicky." Ah, that works!
Colombia hellhammer99
Crossbow
ESO: hellhammer99

Post by hellhammer99 »

Themes for DlCs
Forgotten nations: Swedes, Italians, Persians, Koreans.
Last European Powers: Swiss, Hasburgs, Danish, Polish.
Into Africa: Ethiopians, Zulu, Kongolese, Songhais.
Indochinese Revolt: Burmese, Siamese, Vietnamese, Indonesians.
The Hidden Natives: Mapuche, Incas, Tupi.
Rise of Patriots: Americans, Colombians, Brazilians.
South Africa Celtic Keeper
Crossbow

Post by Celtic Keeper »

Ting wrote:Zulu? They would fight with bones and arrows? Let's be serious.

Um nope. The Zulu faught with cow hide shiels wielding asagai, quater shaft spears with a wide blade, made for thrusting and slashing, war clubs and throwing spears. The Zulu faught against the Voortrekkers (My ancestors) Dutch/French/British settelers that migrated North From Capetown into the Natal region and faught numerous battles against the Zulu. See ballte of Blood river. The used overwhelming numbers and speed to srike at their enemy, reports form British officers say that they could almost sprint as fast as cavalry, using an ox head formation to subdue their rnrmies. In the 18th century, even after the American war of Independance , the British Empire fought against the Zulu , see Battle of Isondwala.

So no, the Zulu HAS to be in AoE3.
South Africa Celtic Keeper
Crossbow

Post by Celtic Keeper »

I would like to see two completely new theatres of war, maps set in Europe, so Historical European battles can be heald as well as Maps set in AFRICA. As a citizen of South Africa, I want the Zulu civ to be added, wich will allow you to fight as the British and Dutch , expanding ever northward from Cape Town all the way into Kenya, fighting and befriending the native peoples and encountering formidable foes such as the Zulu whom have strong, fast melee spear infantry called the Impi.

With added animals such as Lions, zebra and Elephants + hogs that attack villagers that shoot at them and don’t merely run away.
Lastly, I want a Revolution to have a more severe effect on your home city, if you launch a Revolution and you win, you sometimes have to fight a battle against the mother city whom will try to squash your rebellion. If you Revolt and you lose the battle, for the next three games you should be given a bad deck of cards as default since the Mother city won’t support your colony as punishment for your actions.
But should you win, during the revolt and repel the home cities army, you can have extra perks, such as choose a better explorer, gain access to powerful hidden cards and you can alter the appearance of your Home city dramatically.

If you Revolt to frequently and you lose a battle against a counter revolt, you should receive a declaration of banishment from your home city and then lose access to play as that home city, forcing you to start from scratch with a new Home city.
The Blockade system can be expanded upon, the enemy European , Asain and Ottoman AI should attempt to blockade you more frequently but once you are blocaded, you can assemble a strong navy to break the blockade, but to research that should be extremely expensive.

Add more customizations to the Home cities, such as Soldiers marching though the streets, Highlanders/Musketeers for the British, Skirmishers for the Frensh, Strelets for the Russians and so forth.

Civ’s to be added:
1.Zulus.
2.Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth.
3.Sweeden.
4.Switzerland.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Something close to home is going with Oceanic civs I don't think that has been done in any popular RTS yet.

Maori/Polynesian
Aboriginals
One or two of the larger Micronesian ethnic groups

I guess the downside to this is in terms of gameplay they might too similar to each other (and even to Sioux). Could do a post-colonial take on Maori/Polynesian for them to have a wider variety of units. Perhaps not via firepit but using the Haka to enhance units would be a great cultural tie-in and could be a global sound which would be terrifying if you had no vision of their army.

African civs would be the obvious choice though. Such a great variety of map terrains from dessert to mountain ranges, wet lands to grass lands, flooded plains, tropical jungle, Delta/Nile etc. Not to mention the great amount of cultures that lay in Africa with significant colonization from Europe, particularly Great Britain, France, Italy, Germany and Dutch Empire. Potential to mix Consulate or firepit or something new altogether.

I think it would be a mistake to add additional European nations unless they had significant colonization of Oceania or Africa.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

How cool would it be for your age up options are colonial civs (both in and out of the game) and you get a couple of their units or unique traits? And depending on the age you might get a different unit.

Age 2 with Spain = Rods
Age 3 with Spain = Lancers

Age 2 with Brit = Longbow
Age 3 with Brit = Redcoat Musks

Age 2 with France = CDB
Age 3 with France = Cuirassier

Or perhaps instead of units it gives you something like the consulate bonuses. 10% inf HP or whatever. But then you keep them when you age up to the next age (Same civ bonuses don't stack with itself). Maybe something along those lines. So you could go Age 2 with brit and age 3 with spain and run a longbow/lancer comp. Could be hilarious.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

The more I think of it, the less I see potential for Zulu to become an entire civ. It rather sounds like a good option for a native trading post. To me, they seem to lack the "empire" aspect (granted, Sioux/Iroquois have the same problem, but why repeat a mistake?).

For Africa I would rather expect Ethiopia/Mali/Kongo due to more sophisticated governmental systems, longer time spans, etc. I would love to see mud mosques and other distinct architectural styles.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag Ivenend
Crossbow

Post by Ivenend »

hellhammer99 wrote:Themes for DlCs
Forgotten nations: Swedes, Italians, Persians.
Last European Powers: Swiss, Hasburgs, Danish.
Into Africa: Ethiopians, Zulu, Kongolese, Songhais.
Indochinese Revolt: Burmese, Siamese, Vietnamese, Indonesians.
The Hidden Natives: Mapuche, Incas, Tupi.
Rise of Patriots: Americans, Colombians, Brazilians.

Interesting ideas, but why do you call the Swedes, Italians and Persian as "Forgotten nations"?
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

I think they will probably add new civs to be fair!!
They need something else other than good graphics to sell the game and new civs is probably the way they are going to do it!!
To be fair I would prefer that they would balance the current civs first before adding anything new, we just gotta wait and see!!
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war