FWG ENGINE

No Flag Clyxius
Crossbow
ESO: Clyxius

FWG ENGINE

Post by Clyxius »

Looking to create my own scenario, but can't seem to find any triggers for allies to share the same resource pools. That's the only part I'm stuck on.... Anyone know how the FGW Engine was made? Does the designer still play?
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Re: FWG ENGINE

Post by supahons »

hi, :arrow: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15791

easy: Download my typetest file and replace it, or add the conditions/effects to your file. (JBLs fwg triggers)
hard: Write them yourself or use the triggers from a scenario. If you test a scenario it saves all triggers under your personal folder/trigger(1,2,3)/trigtemp. Then you have to add the parameters and command structure.
No Flag Clyxius
Crossbow

Post by Clyxius »

ahh didn't knowing testing saved under personal folder! thanks a bunch! about to try it!
No Flag Clyxius
Crossbow

Post by Clyxius »

@supahons , I actually was testing the FWG scenario but it seems there is no trigger for shared resource pools.... The closest I can find is 3 repeating triggers of .0001 seconds but I'm still not sure what that accomplishes.... I tried to type them into my own after looking at his but there are some odd things... one being that some conditions are not even on mine maybe AOE updated the game and now some conditions are unavailable? Same thing with the shared resource pools no trigger available for it either.
Austria supahons
Dragoon

Post by supahons »

@Clyxius i send you a pm
No Flag Clyxius
Crossbow

Post by Clyxius »

The reason I say that ^ Is because on his scenario, the condition is actually empty and when I replace it or put something in the condition it replaces all of the other triggers to the same condition which is why I conclude his condition no longer exists
No Flag Clyxius
Crossbow

Post by Clyxius »

Can anyone help me one step further with this screenshot?
I downloaded the typetest file to my trigger folder but I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Does this allow me to use these new triggers in game? I'm not finding them :( I will uplaod a screenshot here so people can see
Attachments
the left is my files and on the right I have the test type xml opened.
the left is my files and on the right I have the test type xml opened.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

You need to use the "trigger3" folder, also I believe you need to use the one in AoE3 installation location, not in documents.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

The designer is probably nowhere to be found
Austria supahons
Dragoon

Post by supahons »

yeah, it's the wrong folder, but i think i've written this already ;)

updated version of how to do it:

a)
gameinstallationfolder/aoe3/trigger(1 Basic game, 2 Warchiefs, 3 AsianDynasties)/typetest is the triggerfile.
Make sure it's the gameinstallation folder not your personal one (it's in the steam folder, if you have steam)
Save the original file somewhere and then just overwrite it with my file -> finished

b)
If you have already modified your typetest file: copy+paste the conditions/effects manually from my typetest file to yours -> use the editor or download a free program like notepad++