Sioux
26%

Total votes: 35

No Flag Sergeant_Recker
Crossbow
ESO: Sergeant_Recker

Best TWC civ

Post by Sergeant_Recker »

Hello everyone! I've been learning Aztecs quite a while, They seem to be really fun. The Garja's Aztecs guide is probably having one of the best strats, so thanks to him. I've tried both Sioux and Iro too. Sioux feels too lame for me with their timing, the Teepee aura and all that. Whereas, Iro interests me a lot since it's a hard counter for a civ like India and also when i saw Kaiserklein using Iro on his streams on EP, so thanks to him as well. I'm not sure but it feels like it is an underplayed civ on RE. I'm too curious to know your opinion. Sioux might win this one but which is the best TWC civ overall?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: Best TWC civ

Post by gamevideo113 »

The best TWC civ is hands down iro. They are strong in every aspect except eco, especially later on in the game. But 99% of the times they close the game before that point. They are underused because they are considered lame, therefore not fair and unfun to play against.
Sioux on the other hand has some good matchups and some bad matchups. They rely a lot on raiding to even out the enemy's eco to their own. Besides that they aren't great, as most of their units, except bow rider, aren't exceptionally good. Bow riders are the core of sioux on RE because they are simply op and also lame. So you might get called out for using them a lot.
Aztecs finally are the only civ that doesn't rely that much on lame mechanics except the cover mode war chief. They are fun to play and they can surely hold their own vs most civs. They are a bit op on water maps and a bit weaker later in the game, but aztecs almost always rush or boom with priests in age2.
A tier list would look like this:
1 - Iroquois, consistently op
2 - Aztecs, consistently strong
3 - Sioux, terrible eco but decent units that make up for it

What they have in common is that they are all very fun to play.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

RE sioux is just a pain though. 50% of MUs you click in (esp in QS) you are just gonna lose because of the MU. And the other 50% depend on how well you are playing.
You basically rely on outraiding and outplaying your opponent and after 2nd or third game this will only get increasingly harder.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I only play Sioux amongst the twc civs so don't know which one of em is OP. I surely do not lame Sioux because wakina is the main unit I train. Wouldn't say the strongest but the civ is quite fun to play. It's not as complex as Aztecs (yes i feel Aztecs is a complicated civ) and not as boring as Euro civs (because of different units).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Aztec is one of the worst civs in the game (probably the worst on the current patch actually).
Iroquois is one of the best civs on this patch, and by far the best on the RE.
Sioux is situational, in some MUs they're really good, but in some others they don't feel that strong. Overall it's still a strong civ.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aztec is one of the worst civs in the game (probably the worst on the current patch actually).
Sioux is situational, in some MUs they're really good, but in some others they don't feel that strong. Overall it's still a strong civ.

why are Aztecs weak ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Sargsyan wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aztec is one of the worst civs in the game (probably the worst on the current patch actually).

why are Aztecs weak ?

They lose all their MUs but two.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

On RE Aztec is the best and this is coming from a guy who mains Iroquois (in case anybody doesn't already know). Reason Aztec is better is they are less map dependant and generally more versatile. In a 3v3 for example pretty much the only thing Iroquois can do late is make Forest prowler and hope the game calls for that.light Canon are not viable in protracted age 4/5 3v fighting Because you won't be able to have the upgrade cards that are necessary to really use them, or the eco for it. Tom can be good but you run out of wood pretty fast on 3v decc.

Az has broken erk they can Spam.

on no TP maps Az still has the fire pit for plenty of XP

On water maps Aztec is uncontested.

Honestly I don't see what advantage iro has over Az other than population and access to canons. I'd argue Pop isn't even an advantage because Az army is more efficient. And the only thing light Canon are good for is other canons and building
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

And the 163738383 unit rush at 2mins with decent eco behind it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Definitely not aztecs, but not sure if sioux or iro is stronger, they're both really strong on ep. Iro possibly more versatile because they have the potential to go for light cannons, which helps a lot against walls and/or water play.

jgals wrote:On RE Aztec is the best and this is coming from a guy who mains Iroquois (in case anybody doesn't already know). Reason Aztec is better is they are less map dependant and generally more versatile. In a 3v3 for example pretty much the only thing Iroquois can do late is make Forest prowler and hope the game calls for that.light Canon are not viable in protracted age 4/5 3v fighting Because you won't be able to have the upgrade cards that are necessary to really use them, or the eco for it. Tom can be good but you run out of wood pretty fast on 3v decc.

Honestly I don't see what advantage iro has over Az other than population and access to canons. I'd argue Pop isn't even an advantage because Az army is more efficient. And the only thing light Canon are good for is other canons and building

Iros are the best RE civ. Aztecs are a bit better at fighting water and on no tp maps, but on most maps iro just dominate.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Kaiserklein wrote:Definitely not aztecs, but not sure if sioux or iro is stronger, they're both really strong on ep. Iro possibly more versatile because they have the potential to go for light cannons, which helps a lot against walls and/or water play.

jgals wrote:On RE Aztec is the best and this is coming from a guy who mains Iroquois (in case anybody doesn't already know). Reason Aztec is better is they are less map dependant and generally more versatile. In a 3v3 for example pretty much the only thing Iroquois can do late is make Forest prowler and hope the game calls for that.light Canon are not viable in protracted age 4/5 3v fighting Because you won't be able to have the upgrade cards that are necessary to really use them, or the eco for it. Tom can be good but you run out of wood pretty fast on 3v decc.

Iros are the best RE civ. Aztecs are a bit better at fighting water and on no tp maps, but on most maps iro just dominate.

i resent how you guys only think about 1v1 STD when you talk about these things. I am not talking about that. Overall treaties of all lengths, Sup on all different maps team or not I think az is better rounded.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yes, EP should be balancing for treaty too
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

jgals wrote:i resent how you guys only think about 1v1 STD when you talk about these things. I am not talking about that. Overall treaties of all lengths, Sup on all different maps team or not I think az is better rounded.

If you read the OP, it really feels to me like he's talking about 1v1.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Aztec is good on the RE though. Trash on the EP however.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i dont think theyre trash at all
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Aztec is good on the RE though. Trash on the EP however.

Is any civ you play not trash to you on ep?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

feels like every player underrates their civ to some extent. thats not how the balance works
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Riotcoke wrote:

Yes, I've never claimed that brit was bad for example.
Anyway, it's just like Japan, people used to think they were strong while they're just average because they didn't know how to counter them. It's the same with Aztec, except people think they're average while they're trash if you play properly against them.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Kaiserklein wrote:
jgals wrote:i resent how you guys only think about 1v1 STD when you talk about these things. I am not talking about that. Overall treaties of all lengths, Sup on all different maps team or not I think az is better rounded.

If you read the OP, it really feels to me like he's talking about 1v1.

me too. Fuck that guy right?!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Ass tech
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

no
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

Yes, I've never claimed that brit was bad for example.
Anyway, it's just like Japan, people used to think they were strong while they're just average because they didn't know how to counter them. It's the same with Aztec, except people think they're average while they're trash if you play properly against them.

Aztecs are not trash. It's just that on EP, especially with some lag, there are much more practical civs to use.
Japan however is not that hard, at least not in the same way Aztecs are.
Image Image Image