So... Germany OP.

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

So... Germany OP.

Post by Mitoe »

So Germany was played 11 times in the NWC (not counting mirrors). They only won 4 games, and one of those was Hazza failing hard in age 1 with a 5:05 15CDB age up with no TP and a dead explorer while 2 more were with Kaiser’s mercenaries and the last vs my Japan (which is not a great civ) while I was playing super poorly. All other games were losses.

Still OP?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: So... Germany OP.

Post by deleted_user0 »

How many games Germany reached fortress?
They were mostly played rather poor.

Kaiser "trolling" his way to easy victories with mercs are rather an argument in favour of opness, right ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Wrong forum, probable duplicate thread. Thank Garja I'm no ESOC moderator!
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

It seems a pretty bad map pool for civ like ger or fr, they dont do bad of most of these map but almost everywhere it seems there is a better civ pick to do so i think they really suffer from that as well as fre (almost never picked exept by kaiser ?)
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

I don't think Germans are OP, and don't think they should get nerfed. HOWEVER, tournament statistics have an obvious bias because of the counterpicking rules. So the fact that a low win rate exists only proves the existence of a counterpick civ, even though the OP civ could dominate every single other civ. For example, Brit for a long time was considered OP, but did not have a great win rate because the majority of matchups were: a) Brit mirror (50/50 obviously) b) Brit-India (50-50) or c) Brit-Russia (Brit getting counterpicked and dominated).

Likewise, most of these German losses are probably counterpicks. I don't remember all the games, but at least one was colonial German vs Otto on 5 tp map...
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Is it possible to fix water? Caravel ROF being broken and stuff like that is something much more urgent than germany atm or any other civ for that matter...

No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

That's not a very statistically significant sample
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

What surprised me most was the scarcity of Ottomans picks on New England, and of French picks, in general.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

zoom wrote:Wrong forum, probable duplicate thread. Thank Garja I'm no ESOC moderator!

Intentional. Find it gets more discussion in the general forum.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Yeah. I took some stats of my own, though this was before the final day of play. Germany was the most picked civ easily and had the most mirrors but also one of the worst in terms of win rates. Sample size is a tad small of course but the thing is the players knew the map when picking the civ.

Another interesting stat though from games before the finals is that in all of German's games it was never used as a counterpick though my stat collection may be wrong. It was always used as a first pick either as the first match of the day or it was used when not knowing what the opponent would choose.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

balanced
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

We need @Goodspeed in here to explain why a few random matches dont mean shit.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Give Germany four sw in colonial

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Riotcoke wrote:Give Germany four sw in colonial

Also +1 uhlan since that is ger civ bonus!
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

umeu wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Give Germany four sw in colonial

Also +1 uhlan since that is ger civ bonus!

+2 boss

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Mitoe wrote:
zoom wrote:Wrong forum, probable duplicate thread. Thank Garja I'm no ESOC moderator!

Intentional. Find it gets more discussion in the general forum.

Mitoe Alaron presents: The Art of Clickbait.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

umeu wrote:We need @Goodspeed in here to explain why a few random matches dont mean shit.

That's basic mathematics, but apparently too complex for low IQ ger players 21 :
If we assume that ger get 60% winrate overall aka they totally are OP and we pick 11 random games :
The probability to win 4 or less game is :

CodeCogsEqn.png

So the probability to get such result is about 18% wich, considering the number of this kind of sample we get, is absolutly not a proof that ger is not OP
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

BEinstein
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Tournament games are obviously stupid when measuring balance. Civs that force mistakes i.e otto russia india, always perform well in tournies.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

macacoalbino wrote:Is it possible to fix water? Caravel ROF being broken and stuff like that is something much more urgent than germany atm or any other civ for that matter...
Please elaborate.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

he probably means that cannon warships don't fire in at the same point in time spans, but rather randomly within them
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I don't think Germany is OP.

What would I know though at this point?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bwinner1 wrote:
umeu wrote:We need @Goodspeed in here to explain why a few random matches dont mean shit.

That's basic mathematics, but apparently too complex for low IQ ger players 21 :
If we assume that ger get 60% winrate overall aka they totally are OP and we pick 11 random games :
The probability to win 4 or less game is :

CodeCogsEqn.png

So the probability to get such result is about 18% wich, considering the number of this kind of sample we get, is absolutly not a proof that ger is not OP

This.

Additionally, why is Hazza's noobing being mentioned in OP but not Prince losing to 3 hus shipment because aging 1 vill late?

And honestly, the map pool was quite poor for Germany as earlied mentioned. In addition what comes to my mind was Tabben's (in my opinion) quite poor rush into German FI which would have worked if he simply had winged hussars.
Consider also that we saw plenty of German mirrors in Kam which eliminated a lot of Germans from their main players. Then people kept picking them in such maps as Deccan (shouldn't be the case if for example Mitoe would do proper unit comp vs cease sepoy/urumi), High Plains and even vs iro in Baja California when Germans really shine in standard.

We saw 4 German mirrors in Kam, opening map. Coincidence? 5 if we include germ mirror in Deccan because Kam banned.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Prince didn't age a vil late. I aged a vil early. That's one of the advantages france gets over germany in that mu.

Anyway, yes it's not enough games to draw conclusions, and yes germany is strong. But you have to admit that for a civ which is considered to be "omg so op easily best civ", it didn't seem that op. People just exaggerate as usual
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:Prince didn't age a vil late. I aged a vil early. That's one of the advantages france gets over germany in that mu.

Anyway, yes it's not enough games to draw conclusions, and yes germany is strong. But you have to admit that for a civ which is considered to be "omg so op easily best civ", it didn't seem that op. People just exaggerate as usual

The people who claim theres a German lobby on Esoc are themselves an anti-german lobby.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV