THANK YOU ESCAPE!

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

THANK YOU ESCAPE!

Post by n0el »

Just wanted to take the time and say thank you to Escape TV. While I was very sad I couldn’t make it in person, watching this event on Twitch was definitely one of the highlights in a very long time for me. You guys absolutely crushed it, from production value, the tournament setup, etc...it was fucking awesome. I’m sure I speak for the rest of the community when I say, can’t wait for the next one!

@robo @Interjection @Hamu3l @TheZeroEmpires
mad cuz bad
United States of America randerzbobanderz
Musketeer
ESO: RandyBobandy

Re: THANK YOU ESCAPE!

Post by randerzbobanderz »

Shout out to @Interjection for playing a huge role in reviving AOEIII. I've been watching your vids for a while and for me, you were the reason that i have stuck with AoE for so long.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

The quality was crazy. Not only the event was cool and nice to watch, but the preparation and the realisation was really professional. Those little videos for introductiong the maps, those good quality images to present the vetoes and the pick of players, the Escape AOE teaser etc, etc. People tend to forget this monumental work of preparation, and to be honest you did it amazingly. I've also really enjoyed the happiness and the sportsmanship between players ; this event is motivating me to come back playing this game.
Make AOE Great Again! #MAGA
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

@Ham did by far the most work producing the stream :love:

And @robo and @Zak who handled the overlay and made sure everyone knew what was going on
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

@Interjection is the most influential AOE3er of all time. Change my mind.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Zutazuta wrote:@Interjection is the most influential AOE3er of all time. Change my mind.

I can't but I think Somali is the most influential AOE3 terrorist of all time. Change my mind. I destroy shows.
Malaysia Yamato23
Musketeer
ESO: Yamato23

Post by Yamato23 »

@Interjection may God bless u for ur hardwork n contribution to this event n reliving this game.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

But yes. It was insanely good. Can't imagine something like this was organized for such a small game. Everything was so professional that it could be a 100 000 dollar csgo tournament aswell.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Everytime I saw an image or flag or screen change I thought of the work behind it because of past experience with Adobe CS and streaming apps and was really impressed with the amount of work was done to make everything seamlessly smooth. I really wish I was able to make it.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

Rikikipu wrote:The quality was crazy. Not only the event was cool and nice to watch, but the preparation and the realisation was really professional. Those little videos for introductiong the maps, those good quality images to present the vetoes and the pick of players, the Escape AOE teaser etc, etc. People tend to forget this monumental work of preparation, and to be honest you did it amazingly. I've also really enjoyed the happiness and the sportsmanship between players ; this event is motivating me to come back playing this game.
Make AOE Great Again! #MAGA

i dont know you but i know you made several maps and was afraid that youre gone completely, good to read a reply from you.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Brazil has a great word for " the masses"
Povão : people (povo) with the superlative ão suffix

Typically it's used with negative undertones and connotations such as "ignorant, silly little people"etc.

While the esoc Crowd is certainly not the povão of AOE, I'm afraid that a less graceful such bunch give SamuraiRevolution the noobbasher extraordinaire ( and indeed noob extraordinaire himself) the cake for most influential person in AOE.

Now in case you couldn't tell this is not in my opinion a good thing!!! It leads to maddeningly moronic gameplay found in the MS lobbies I am occasionally forced to play in which some pr 17 will play like a Lance because he saw the histrionic dbag do something ridiculous vs a private on YouTube and it actually worked.

Anyhow in a roundabout way I'd just like to proclaim @Interjection the man the myth and the accent that aoe needs but doesn't deserve
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

It is so uplifting to hear that feedback from the viewers, our community!! Thanks for staying with these 4 days!!
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

Thanks Escape and big thanks to interjection. Gave everything he had to make this event, so appreciative of it. Cheers
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Awesome event, thanks for the hard work and congrats for the top level production, was just amazing.

Also, a shoutout to all the 8 players, was quite notable their hard work and preparation for specific maps and Mus that took place in this event.
Great Britain TheZeroEmpires
Crossbow
ESO: ZeroEmpires

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

Thank you, I’m glad everyone enjoyed it :)
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

randerzbobanderz wrote:Shout out to @Interjection for playing a huge role in reviving AOEIII. I've been watching your vids for a while and for me, you were the reason that i have stuck with AoE for so long.

Same here, came back in 2015 because of Saturday Smackdown (@Zutazuta thanks bud) and back again with NWC good job!

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Pls make it a yearly thing.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Yes it was indeed fucking epic. Had a great time meeting people, everyone was friendly as hell and the series was brilliant.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Amazing event.

All the casters were awesome. Kaiser with a high quality mic really does get me hard. Seriously whoever organized pairing the casters did their job perfectly as with each series they complimented each other with great colour cast, analysis and excitement. It was honestly better than western SC2 casting and even LoL LCS level. Those guys are paid professionals. You guys are easily on their level.

Production value was excellent. The first photos I saw of the studio completed just made my jaw drop. The mural - wow. The investment into equipment showed with quality cameras, lighting, PCs as well as the stage and really aesthetic all round.

The lobby overlay was 10/10. Blew my mind away. I could have been watching LCS draft pick in terms of quality.

Show matches were great fun. The tournament games themselves were thrilling. The event has brought me back to when I was playing all the time. If I didn't live half a world away I'd have loved to have supported it in person.

Escape team and especially Interjection really blew me away. You guys have a talent I hope Microsoft pick up and nurture further for not only aoe2/3 DE but also AOE4. You and Ryan together were an awesome team and I hope to see you guys casting as a pair as much as possible.

Finally I must add that having @Cometk looking 10/10 on my 50 inch tv was hype
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Also loved the name "New World Championship". I work for a Supermarket co-operative called New World. Made me laugh
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

"Look at me"
[Sith] - Baphomet
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

@n0el You beat me to it :)

I have to chime in here as well!

What an event. I have been part of AOE 3 since 2006, and this is hands down, no discussion, the best event yet!

Sitting in my living room watching @_H2O and @Interjection discuss outcomes in ESPN Sportscenter style, on my big screen tv, was awesome!
And not only those two - but also all the other great players present willing to chime in and lift this great event to even higher levels.

As the finals came to an end and a new World Champ was crowned (Gratz @Diarouga) I had all these things that I wanted to share here on the forums, so many things I was grateful for, so many I wanted to say thank you to, so many I wanted to tell how much this event means to the community, and how bright the future looks for our beloved AOE3.

But instead of writing a page long thank you note -

THANK YOU TO ALL YOU AMAZING PEOPLE BEHIND THE EVENT AND THE COMMUNITY, THE DONATORS AND SUBSCRIBERS!

(alright old guy, sit your ass back down - we get that you're grateful)
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

@Interjection should cast for AoE 4 games too. He ish the besht. No words to describe the work done by Escape, it is beyond imagination. They revived the playerbase and the game. Thank you very much! Keep this coming, that is all we need! Also thanks to the generous people who gifted subs to almost everyone!
With lots of gratitude and respect,
_RDX_
oranges.
Micronesia FKFace
Crossbow
ESO: 凸o_O凸

Post by FKFace »

Thanks for hosting a great tournament. The whole thing was so fluid and easy to watch. Can't wait for the next one!
United States of America Vickyxxx5528
Skirmisher
ESO: Kikk

Post by Vickyxxx5528 »

This Tournament has been nothing short of exceptional. Its amazing what you have achieved. The commentary was fantastic, amazing to see h2o back and playing. The games were amazing. Overall the professionalism of this event stood out for me. Just amazing. Personally I loved the map videos, as I dont play on the maps so it really helped. What I would suggest as any constructive criticism - I think we could benefit from having more facts and figures about each player and the tournament in general. There was alot of "I think...sioux have 100% win rate". I think there could be maybe a small overlay of what each game was, otherwise you will always get 100 people asking every time(including me). For example Grand Semi Finals in silver otherwise its hard to pick up mid way through. And lastly there was some slight discrepancy between when the stream started etc. Massive praise for @edeholland @Interjection @H2O_ @WickedCossack For the casting and the way you presented the tournament. A truly exceptional event. <3

Forgot to add you Mitoe @Mitoe sorry :)
The Otto Lamer Girl

“Yes yes I Otto lame!
Cos when I win with another civ, it’s not the same!
When the TC’s down, vills runin-round,
It will make you so mad to change game!”