Post by Jerimuno »

an option between 12 months and 1,5 years is missing :P
for me it was 1 year 2 months
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Re: Time taken to become Captain from Conscript

Post by Shikari »

It feels like everyone got super serious about the game after LAN. I wonder why.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Shikari wrote:It feels like everyone got super serious about the game after LAN. I wonder why.

Because it's going be eSports soon...
:nwc:
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

When I started the game in 2007, it probably took me a year to get to captain for the first time but i kept bouncing back down to 1st lt. After I started playing again late 2014 it took maybe another year to consistently stay captain and reach major from time to time
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Apparently, I got to pr 20 in 7 months while being 15 years old, but it took me fucking 3 years to become captain.
I guess the main reason is that I played way more treaty.

Btw easiest german mirror of my life!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Disregarding nilla/sp, it took me around 440 rated games played over 1.5 years in Standard TAD Supremacy.
In Treaty I actually got to Captain before I ever did in Standard, and in Treaty it took me only around 25 games.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Took me only 6 games to ascend to major! And 9 games to get to Lt Col!

EZ 8-)
Attachments
09DA068B-F163-4A88-818E-B16265C15179.png
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

So... Germany OP.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't like looking at my Elo.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Took Callen 12 games to get to captain. What a beast.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Apparently I reached Captain rank in May 2015, beating Breezebrothers (aka ageofkiller, and Major at the time) out of all people in the promotion game. So it took me about a year in total. Caveat: I am still Captain and haven't ever tried to actively improve my gameplay. I can't be bothered to spend time rewatching gameplay and analysing recorded games. That's just not how I like to play games.

Although the timeframe is irrelevant. What matters is your mentality while playing the game and your mindset. If you are playing to improve you can reach Captain within a few months I reckon. Very few people play to improve, most people play for fun, myself included. And it's important to remember that's fine! You shouldn't beat yourself up for having a low rank if you're having fun, no matter what some people might say to you in Twitch chats.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Apparently I reached Captain rank in May 2015, beating Breezebrothers (aka ageofkiller, and Major at the time) out of all people in the promotion game. So it took me about a year in total. Caveat: I am still Captain and haven't ever tried to actively improve my gameplay. I can't be bothered to spend time rewatching gameplay and analysing recorded games. That's just not how I like to play games.

Although the timeframe is irrelevant. What matters is your mentality while playing the game and your mindset. If you are playing to improve you can reach Captain within a few months I reckon. Very few people play to improve, most people play for fun, myself included. And it's important to remember that's fine! You shouldn't beat yourself up for having a low rank if you're having fun, no matter what some people might say to you in Twitch chats.
This tbh. That was my approach to playing LoL. At some point I just said "fuck it, I don't intend to become pro or competitive at this game" and just played casual games for fun with some frens.
The time investment necessary to reach relevant pro levels is just not worth it, unless you have a plan and you intend to make money by playing as a pro. Or you could just become a meme streamer.

It all comes down to life choices and how much you think your time is worth.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mitoe wrote:Took me only 6 games to ascend to major! And 9 games to get to Lt Col!

EZ 8-)

6 games but 2 years!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Dolan wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Apparently I reached Captain rank in May 2015, beating Breezebrothers (aka ageofkiller, and Major at the time) out of all people in the promotion game. So it took me about a year in total. Caveat: I am still Captain and haven't ever tried to actively improve my gameplay. I can't be bothered to spend time rewatching gameplay and analysing recorded games. That's just not how I like to play games.

This tbh. That was my approach to playing LoL. At some point I just said "fuck it, I don't intend to become pro or competitive at this game" and just played casual games for fun with some frens.
The time investment necessary to reach relevant pro levels is just not worth it, unless you have a plan and you intend to make money by playing as a pro. Or you could just become a meme streamer.

It all comes down to life choices and how much you think your time is worth.

Well, I'm not implying anyone above Captain wasted their time and made bad life choices. It's just not the way I like to play games and relax.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

gibson wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Took me only 6 games to ascend to major! And 9 games to get to Lt Col!

EZ 8-)

6 games but 2 years!

Sssshhhh

In reality I think it took me about 1.5 - 2 years to hit Captain level (an estimate, since GameRanger doesn't have ranks). About another 1.5 - 2 years to hit Lt Col, and 2 more after that to hit Brigadier for the first time.

I was only 13 when I started playing though, and I think I was a pretty slow learner. Someone with more experience in multiplayer games could definitely hit those milestones earlier.

What Bramboy says is true though. It's important to have fun, and if improving isn't fun for you then don't dwell on it--just play the game the way you enjoy it. For me, the fun was in figuring out what was best and optimizing it, but it can be a slow process.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's super easy to get quickly to captain nowadays when you're able to watch top players stream, chat with them and read the forums. I remember playing on vanilla with pretty much only noobs and it was hard to get better. Took me like 1.5 years there
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Get someone who does this to you <33 You can see how the rank increases!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

When the ass hurts, keep trying!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

And one day (3 years after) you become this (for one lucky day) !
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's super easy to get quickly to captain nowadays when you're able to watch top players stream, chat with them and read the forums. I remember playing on vanilla with pretty much only noobs and it was hard to get better. Took me like 1.5 years there

Yeah it only took me weeks due to tips on esoc, especially the strategist wall

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Oh yeah, and play versus better players. Mistakes get punished.
United States of America highiqwarrior
Crossbow
ESO: highiqwarrior

Post by highiqwarrior »

I dont know about captain, but i got to master sergeant under 10 games (free wins/stack from team games!)
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

i was autist in community so took me 1 year then i stopped being one and i got colonel.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It has taken me 2,094 games on one of accounts since whenever I started using it to reach Lieutenant Colonel. My PR is 31.00079 :)
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

deleted_user wrote:It has taken me 2,094 games on one of accounts since whenever I started using it to reach Lieutenant Colonel. My PR is 31.00079 :)

Great, teach me how to game now.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV