No Flag tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 3436

25 Jul 2019, 09:24

so the uhlan nerf was a failure and an unnecessary change since people can bypass it.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja
EPL Reigning ChampsDonator 03
Posts: 10448
ESO: DJ2Strong
Location: Midwest best west

25 Jul 2019, 09:26

Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.
Eos’s aura
At once I am becoming
My shame has clothed me
User avatar
Hungary Dsy
Lancer
Posts: 924

25 Jul 2019, 09:32

tedere12 wrote:how did germany suddenly become OP? I'm pretty sure ger france were considered top tier on the first EP versions (not OP tho) and then got nerfed. Now suddenly germany is op without being changed.


France was nerfed, russia was buffed a bit.
Meanwhile i think russia is stronger than france. Or at least it used to when i played. :D
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 3436

25 Jul 2019, 09:39

Dsy wrote:
tedere12 wrote:how did germany suddenly become OP? I'm pretty sure ger france were considered top tier on the first EP versions (not OP tho) and then got nerfed. Now suddenly germany is op without being changed.


France was nerfed, russia was buffed a bit.
Meanwhile i think russia is stronger than france. Or at least it used to when i played. :D


Russia's only buff in current Ep is 17 strelets shipment switched to 20 strelets

SirCallen wrote:Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.


not sure how relevant that is, since germany mostly goes for semi ff
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 11364
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

25 Jul 2019, 09:41

tedere12 wrote:so the uhlan nerf was a failure and an unnecessary change since people can bypass it.

It wasn't unnecessary because without it skirm/uhlan would still be op, but yea people bypass it.

Russia got buffed btw, musketeers are les expensive.
Image
Great Britain Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7002
ESO: PrinceofBabu

25 Jul 2019, 09:42

tedere12 wrote:
Dsy wrote:
tedere12 wrote:how did germany suddenly become OP? I'm pretty sure ger france were considered top tier on the first EP versions (not OP tho) and then got nerfed. Now suddenly germany is op without being changed.


France was nerfed, russia was buffed a bit.
Meanwhile i think russia is stronger than france. Or at least it used to when i played. :D


Russia's only buff in current Ep is 17 strelets shipment switched to 20 strelets

SirCallen wrote:Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.


not sure how relevant that is, since germany mostly goes for semi ff

Ruskets are cheaper
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja
EPL Reigning ChampsDonator 03
Posts: 10448
ESO: DJ2Strong
Location: Midwest best west

25 Jul 2019, 09:48

tedere12 wrote:
Dsy wrote:
tedere12 wrote:how did germany suddenly become OP? I'm pretty sure ger france were considered top tier on the first EP versions (not OP tho) and then got nerfed. Now suddenly germany is op without being changed.


France was nerfed, russia was buffed a bit.
Meanwhile i think russia is stronger than france. Or at least it used to when i played. :D


Russia's only buff in current Ep is 17 strelets shipment switched to 20 strelets

SirCallen wrote:Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.


not sure how relevant that is, since germany mostly goes for semi ff

It's clearly relevant for more reasons than I stated.
Eos’s aura
At once I am becoming
My shame has clothed me
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer
Posts: 92

25 Jul 2019, 09:55

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, people used to go skirm/uhlan and never make a single WW (that was the H2O rule). Now people just go skim/jaeger/WW and it's even better than what the ger players used to do.


Hang on. Since WWs have been left untouched in the EP patch skirm/Jaeger/WW would be a strong alternative to skrim/uhlan (maybe better?) on the RE patch as well?
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 11364
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

25 Jul 2019, 09:59

bepsi wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, people used to go skirm/uhlan and never make a single WW (that was the H2O rule). Now people just go skim/jaeger/WW and it's even better than what the ger players used to do.


Hang on. Since WWs have been left untouched in the EP patch skirm/Jaeger/WW would be a strong alternative to skrim/uhlan (maybe better?) on the RE patch as well?

Yes. Both are as good with EP uhlans in my opinion, but I guess skirm/uhlan is easier.
Image
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2829
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Dorsetshire

25 Jul 2019, 10:03

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
bepsi wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, people used to go skirm/uhlan and never make a single WW (that was the H2O rule). Now people just go skim/jaeger/WW and it's even better than what the ger players used to do.


Hang on. Since WWs have been left untouched in the EP patch skirm/Jaeger/WW would be a strong alternative to skrim/uhlan (maybe better?) on the RE patch as well?

Yes. Both are as good with EP uhlans in my opinion, but I guess skirm/uhlan is easier.

WW are so annoying though.
Image
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 8586
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

25 Jul 2019, 12:08

Skirm/uhlan isn't a thing in 90% of games. And WWs are still easily worse than goons
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7002
ESO: PrinceofBabu

25 Jul 2019, 12:16

Ww are better at sniping falcs, and probably trade vs goons cost effectively
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 8586
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

25 Jul 2019, 12:40

Sure they're better at sniping falcs and also vs musk/huss. They lose to goons though, and just get sniped down much faster by ranged units generally speaking. And they can get caught by a cav mass unlike goons and suck at kiting
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2829
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Dorsetshire

25 Jul 2019, 13:40

Goons are much easier to use and better units, ww are just better vs musk and falcs, i think goons are better.
Image
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
Posts: 607
ESO: miggo1999
Location: Hannover

25 Jul 2019, 13:41

Aren't WW also more efficient vs tanky cav (cuirs, Mahout, Mams, etc.) than goons?
Image Image
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 8586
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

25 Jul 2019, 13:52

Why would they?
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
Posts: 607
ESO: miggo1999
Location: Hannover

25 Jul 2019, 13:54

Don't WW have better dmg/cost?
Image Image
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 8586
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

25 Jul 2019, 13:58

Nah they dps almost exactly the same. 5 goons and 3 ww cost exactly the same 450f 450g, and 5 goons deal 5*22*1.2 = 132 while 3 wws deal 3*42 = 126 damage per volley.
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
Posts: 607
ESO: miggo1999
Location: Hannover

25 Jul 2019, 14:03

I did the Math, and WW have about 12% more dmg/cost, meaning vs tanky cav they should be more efficient, as overkill becomes much less of a problem.
WW dmg/cost (0,14) Goon dmg/cost (0,122)
Image Image
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
Posts: 607
ESO: miggo1999
Location: Hannover

25 Jul 2019, 14:05

why did you do add *1.2 to the calculation of goon dmg @Kaiserklein ?
Image Image
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8174
ESO: Garja

25 Jul 2019, 14:08

vet goons I guess.
Anyway WW in mass are pretty annoying. It's just lot of strong units against which you need lot of counter units and that opens up for weaknesses in opponent combo.
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2829
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Dorsetshire

25 Jul 2019, 14:09

WW scale better with ups as well. Too bad their overkill on cav like huss sucks.
Image
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
Posts: 607
ESO: miggo1999
Location: Hannover

25 Jul 2019, 14:10

Ah ok. Man this aoe3 wiki source is tilting me. Always need to check if the stats refer to age 2 or 3.
Image Image
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2829
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Dorsetshire

25 Jul 2019, 14:11

amiggo1999 wrote:Ah ok. Man this aoe3 wiki source is tilting me. Always need to check if the stats refer to age 2 or 3.

The wiki is generally shit
Image
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 3318
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

25 Jul 2019, 14:16

Goons has marginally higher attack/res while WW has higher hp/res
Fine line to something great is a strange change.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests