Bolivia tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12

25 Jul 2019, 09:24

so the uhlan nerf was a failure and an unnecessary change since people can bypass it.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

25 Jul 2019, 09:26

Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

25 Jul 2019, 09:32

tedere12 wrote:how did germany suddenly become OP? I'm pretty sure ger france were considered top tier on the first EP versions (not OP tho) and then got nerfed. Now suddenly germany is op without being changed.

France was nerfed, russia was buffed a bit.
Meanwhile i think russia is stronger than france. Or at least it used to when i played. :D
Bolivia tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12

25 Jul 2019, 09:39

Dsy wrote:
tedere12 wrote:how did germany suddenly become OP? I'm pretty sure ger france were considered top tier on the first EP versions (not OP tho) and then got nerfed. Now suddenly germany is op without being changed.

Meanwhile i think russia is stronger than france. Or at least it used to when i played. :D

Russia's only buff in current Ep is 17 strelets shipment switched to 20 strelets

SirCallen wrote:Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.

not sure how relevant that is, since germany mostly goes for semi ff
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

25 Jul 2019, 09:41

tedere12 wrote:so the uhlan nerf was a failure and an unnecessary change since people can bypass it.

It wasn't unnecessary because without it skirm/uhlan would still be op, but yea people bypass it.

Russia got buffed btw, musketeers are les expensive.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

25 Jul 2019, 09:42

tedere12 wrote:
Dsy wrote:

Russia's only buff in current Ep is 17 strelets shipment switched to 20 strelets

SirCallen wrote:Hardly unnecessary. Colonial uhlans die to one less hussar hit, but ok.

Ruskets are cheaper
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

25 Jul 2019, 09:48

tedere12 wrote:
Dsy wrote:

It's clearly relevant for more reasons than I stated.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
No Flag bepsi
Crossbow

25 Jul 2019, 09:55

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, people used to go skirm/uhlan and never make a single WW (that was the H2O rule). Now people just go skim/jaeger/WW and it's even better than what the ger players used to do.

Hang on. Since WWs have been left untouched in the EP patch skirm/Jaeger/WW would be a strong alternative to skrim/uhlan (maybe better?) on the RE patch as well?
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

25 Jul 2019, 09:59

bepsi wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, people used to go skirm/uhlan and never make a single WW (that was the H2O rule). Now people just go skim/jaeger/WW and it's even better than what the ger players used to do.

Hang on. Since WWs have been left untouched in the EP patch skirm/Jaeger/WW would be a strong alternative to skrim/uhlan (maybe better?) on the RE patch as well?

Yes. Both are as good with EP uhlans in my opinion, but I guess skirm/uhlan is easier.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

25 Jul 2019, 10:03

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
bepsi wrote:

Yes. Both are as good with EP uhlans in my opinion, but I guess skirm/uhlan is easier.

WW are so annoying though.
"STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB - GET GAMERFOOD" - Johnathan FATAL1TY Wendel

FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

25 Jul 2019, 12:08

Skirm/uhlan isn't a thing in 90% of games. And WWs are still easily worse than goons
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

25 Jul 2019, 12:16

Ww are better at sniping falcs, and probably trade vs goons cost effectively
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place

25 Jul 2019, 12:40

Sure they're better at sniping falcs and also vs musk/huss. They lose to goons though, and just get sniped down much faster by ranged units generally speaking. And they can get caught by a cav mass unlike goons and suck at kiting
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

25 Jul 2019, 13:40

Goons are much easier to use and better units, ww are just better vs musk and falcs, i think goons are better.

Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

25 Jul 2019, 13:41

Aren't WW also more efficient vs tanky cav (cuirs, Mahout, Mams, etc.) than goons?
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place

25 Jul 2019, 13:52

Why would they?
Micro tricks

Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01

25 Jul 2019, 13:54

Don't WW have better dmg/cost?
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place

25 Jul 2019, 13:58

Nah they dps almost exactly the same. 5 goons and 3 ww cost exactly the same 450f 450g, and 5 goons deal 5*22*1.2 = 132 while 3 wws deal 3*42 = 126 damage per volley.
Micro tricks

Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01

25 Jul 2019, 14:03

I did the Math, and WW have about 12% more dmg/cost, meaning vs tanky cav they should be more efficient, as overkill becomes much less of a problem.
WW dmg/cost (0,14) Goon dmg/cost (0,122)
Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01

25 Jul 2019, 14:05

why did you do add *1.2 to the calculation of goon dmg @Kaiserklein ?
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

25 Jul 2019, 14:08

vet goons I guess.
Anyway WW in mass are pretty annoying. It's just lot of strong units against which you need lot of counter units and that opens up for weaknesses in opponent combo.
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

25 Jul 2019, 14:09

WW scale better with ups as well. Too bad their overkill on cav like huss sucks.

Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01

25 Jul 2019, 14:10

Ah ok. Man this aoe3 wiki source is tilting me. Always need to check if the stats refer to age 2 or 3.
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

25 Jul 2019, 14:11

amiggo1999 wrote:Ah ok. Man this aoe3 wiki source is tilting me. Always need to check if the stats refer to age 2 or 3.

The wiki is generally shit

Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
ESO: Princeofcarthage

25 Jul 2019, 14:16

Goons has marginally higher attack/res while WW has higher hp/res

#SavetheBeef

Forum Info

Return to “General”