Is there an indian explorer bug?

Canada King_Ownage2nd
Advanced Player

Is there an indian explorer bug?

Post by King_Ownage2nd »

I was playing a game on Great Lakes, india v otto, and my elephants died at the otto base near the trade post line. At 10 min into the game, they randomly came back to life when I had zero army near the enemy base. I am 99% sure I did not fat finger alt-D. Is there any possible explanation for this?
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Re: Is there an indian explorer bug?

Post by Jerimuno »

The remaining 1% could explain it :P
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Can be if they are in a ctrl group with for exemple sepoy, so they can revive like with alt d if you go for melee mode with sepoy cause of same ctrl group.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Could be what Flontier said.

Projectiles like bullets and cannonballs can also revive explorers, but it doesn’t sound like that’s what happened.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

If you played the game on RE, probably the Alt+D. If you played the game on EP, there's something that needs to be checked.
oranges.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Your fingers are fatter then you think.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Was the tradepost upgraded at the same time, and if so, who upgraded it?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Explorer can revive randomly near a TP in construction. Like I already saw him revive 30s after my age up randomly.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The stagecoach can also revive your explorers though I'm not entirely sure how that mechanic works and if you need to be the one who upgraded it for that to happen.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The stagecoach can also revive your explorers though I'm not entirely sure how that mechanic works and if you need to be the one who upgraded it for that to happen.

Only euro civs get the line of sight from the stagecoach so i don't think it would pickup an indian explorer.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Pretty sure Asian civs also get LOS. There’s a bug that sometimes prevents one player from getting LOS from stagecoach and maybe that’s what gave you that impression.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Afaik, if the fat fuckers die completely on each other, they still have this mini LOS which can revive each other.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I can confirm what @King_Ownage2nd describes is some sort of a rare bug, but I'm not quite sure what's causing it. I've had it happen numerous times myself, with all stance hotkeys unmapped and explorers dead on the other side of the map, nowhere near my LoS. It even happened to me in a casted game on Thar Desert, though I'm not sure if I can find it. The explorers wake up "naturally" when this happens, as in they say the voice line and slowly stand up, unlike what happens when ALT-D is used.

I can only speculate it is caused by some sort of bugged action that the opponent does near those explorers (stun/spyglass/stomp?), but I'm really not quite sure. If anyone has recs of the bug in action, that could help us identify what's causing it.

Mitoe wrote:Pretty sure Asian civs also get LOS. There’s a bug that sometimes prevents one player from getting LOS from stagecoach and maybe that’s what gave you that impression.

That is incorrect; Stagecouch LoS is an Euro culture bonus as @Riotcoke says. Native civs get the reveal of initial TP locations instead, Asian civs get nothing instead I guess. I've learnt this fairly recently.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I can confirm what @King_Ownage2nd describes is some sort of a rare bug, but I'm not quite sure what's causing it. I've had it happen numerous times myself, with all stance hotkeys unmapped and explorers dead on the other side of the map, nowhere near my LoS. It even happened to me in a casted game on Thar Desert, though I'm not sure if I can find it. The explorers wake up "naturally" when this happens, as in they say the voice line and slowly stand up, unlike what happens when ALT-D is used.

I can only speculate it is caused by some sort of bugged action that the opponent does near those explorers (stun/spyglass/stomp?), but I'm really not quite sure. If anyone has recs of the bug in action, that could help us identify what's causing it.

Mitoe wrote:Pretty sure Asian civs also get LOS. There’s a bug that sometimes prevents one player from getting LOS from stagecoach and maybe that’s what gave you that impression.

That is incorrect; Stagecouch LoS is an Euro culture bonus as @Riotcoke says. Native civs get the reveal of initial TP locations instead, Asian civs get nothing instead I guess. I've learnt this fairly recently.

Asian civs have a theoretically better ATP as their advantage.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

King_Ownage2nd wrote:I was playing a game on Great Lakes, india v otto, and my elephants died at the otto base near the trade post line. At 10 min into the game, they randomly came back to life when I had zero army near the enemy base. I am 99% sure I did not fat finger alt-D. Is there any possible explanation for this?
Stagecouch?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

The same thing happened to me a few days ago and this thread came to my mind.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If someone could manage to capture this bug in a rec game and post it here, that'd be helpful.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

somppukunkku wrote:Afaik, if the fat fuckers die completely on each other, they still have this mini LOS which can revive each other.

Agree with somppu, i think i have gotten my japanese and indian explorers wake each other up. Dont remember that happening with other civs.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Same.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

just tested it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. explo died on top of each other but didnt revive.