My encounter with ACERGAME09

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: My encounter with ACERGAME09

Post by Goodspeed »

He was a meme even back in the ASFP days. He was okay at the game but never a top player, hasn't improved since, remained just as laggy (extremely), but always cracks everyone up so people like him as an AoE personality.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

lordraphael wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Cometk wrote:tbf it seems like he defeated a stacked roster of opponents. shmras in the ro32, rouga yourself in ro16, kynesie ro8, musketjr in semis... all strong players (even if you wish to say you were a captain at the time rouga, you were still pretty dang good)

Rusty shmras (he was 2400ish back then), then 2500 elo rouga who had to play on a shitty laptop because of scheduling issues and who couldn't play well. MusketJR is unconsistent, sometimes he plays really well, and sometimes he is captain level, and he sucked in that series.
Kynesie is the only good opponent he defeated honestly, and that's because he could abuse kynesie's civ pool.

talking about yourself in third person :lol: . Imitating your big idol napoleon ?

Wtf, Napoleon was just a cool guy.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

007Salt wrote:Still pretty good.

Sure, but there are many people who reached the RO16. It's quite weird to state that acergame is top 3 when he only performed in one tourney when his opponents were inactive, while he was bad on the ladder.
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Sure, but there are many people who reached the RO16. It's quite weird to state that acergame is top 3 when he only performed in one tourney when his opponents were inactive, while he was bad on the ladder.

When the game was more active he was like a major general. I think he won the 2x2 tourney with Kiljardi even.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

princeofcarthage wrote:He is probably famous 1) for his cursing 2) pulling off an incredible win vs kynesie on manchuria 3) reaching finals of spring tournament. Also he beat diarouga 3-0 in the same tournament :salt:

Beating _H2O in china mirror on Tibet with a novel build.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

007Salt wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

When the game was more active he was like a major general. I think he won the 2x2 tourney with Kiljardi even.

When the game was more active, Sam was pr51, nobuman was pr46, flooky was pr50. To be honest, major general back then is like pr35 today.
He won a 2x2 tourney I heard, but idk who was playing in this, and 2v2 and 1v1 are different.

Anyway, the people who were active when the game was "more active", such as GS etc can tell you that he's never been a top player.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

deleted_user wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:He is probably famous 1) for his cursing 2) pulling off an incredible win vs kynesie on manchuria 3) reaching finals of spring tournament. Also he beat diarouga 3-0 in the same tournament :salt:

Beating _H2O in china mirror on Tibet with a novel build.

Ryan went full Mithrow there though.
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

@Diarouga
Acergame09 reached the finals and lost vs samwise12 but it was still the finals and great games.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

"Mithrow" LMFAO
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I used to play on an Acer Laptop. Would not recommend.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

rouga vs acergod is the original esoc memes thread
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

This thread actually reminds me of the thread about Darwin's Russian lol.

https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4855
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

amiggo1999 wrote:lol, you really hate this guy? @Diarouga

They've got some history, yes. https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1918
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:This thread actually reminds me of the thread about Darwin's Russian lol.

https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4855

Must be interesting times lol.
Kaiserklein wrote:You know how to use elo ladders I guess ? :S
Could you please use valuable arguments to explain your point of view instead of just "PR" ?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Rouga's behaviour though is increasingly reminiscent of someone
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

To be fair I think we're kinda trolling diarouga a bit lol..... Who cares about a 3-0 win from however long ago.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

You spelled ACERGOD wrong
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

lmfao any one remember kiljardis brother tour lolol
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:He won a 2x2 tourney I heard, but idk who was playing in this

Zutazuta wrote:lmfao any one remember kiljardis brother tour lolol

Story time.

This was a such a great/troll/drama moment in aoe3 history. A brief, possibly innacurate, history for those who don't know ... :P

In the middle of 2009 RTS-Sanc hosted a 2v2 fan patch tournament. Many great teams sign up like:

• SkwzzLuigi/TheDemon
  • Mayh3m/Samwise
  • Biobob/Braidon
  • Starsky/NaturePhoenix
  • Challe/Flooky
  • MrCheese/SkwzzOurk
  • Nightscr3am/Nico

And some immature kids called Acergame and Kiljardi. Immature putting it politely. 2009 Acergame makes todays trolls look like the royal family. Needless to say he is not popular. In terms of skill Kiljardi was a pretty solid player back then though not really as good as the above players except Nico and Biobob. Acergame was not that great (relatively of course.) Hence it was general consensus they had pretty much zero to chance to win overall.

Things got off to a rocky start when it was discovered that Kiljardi, the more developed and sophisticated individual here, was discovered to have signed up with two accounts (or smurfed someone else account, don't quite remember) in the tournament and was promptly banned.

Luckily for Acergame however Kiljardi happened to have a brother who up to this point nobody had ever heard of before. Ah and key point here, somehow could play at PR45 skill level. The community is somewhat suspicous, to put it very fudging lightly. I wonder how twitch chat would've reacted back then if it was broadcasted .... Poor Tit and Kynesie born in the wrong generation.

So the event carries on with the new team of Acergame and 'Kiljardis brother.' Best bit about this was that Kiljardis brother didn't have an ESO account and therefore had to use Kiljardi's. :lol: As far as I know he didn't have a name and everyone refered to him as 'Kiljardi's brother.' Bear in mind there is fairly substantial prizes for this event, iirc something like $1,000 in total. How they got away with this, is in retrospect hilarious, in light of recent Kyneise/Tit events. I think part of the reason the admins let it slide was that they had zero to chance to win anyways ...

They did not have an easy bracket and upset Challe & Flooky in the RO8. RTS sanc thread as you would expect gets locked: https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=125238

Somehow not disqualifed, they then bash through Samwise and Mayh3m in the RO4. To quote Acergame "just making our way to finals, nothing special watch if interested.." Thread is unsurprisngly locked once again: https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=125385

For the grand finale they take down NP & Starsky to win the event: https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=127374&st=0 Some juicy drama, people are unhappy, much flame. @Goodspeed is a sad panda. :lol:

Story time over.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

BO1 India/Dutch? That's sad lol.
Anyway, that smurfing story is ridiculous xd.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

They were at least BO3's iirc but games got posted separately on the forums.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I remember you explaining this to me at lan Cossack, still surprises me now how they tried to get away with such a terrible excuse

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Lukas_L99 wrote:I dont understand the hype around this guy, what was special about him?

When was he good? I played him 3 times in 2015 when I was like a major and won all games...
Not even Acergarja himself can withstand the might of Lukas playing Chinese!
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

The story is ridiculous with regards to kiljardi though? For acergame we can only conclude he's a pretty damned good player in a tournament setting.

Same with asc summer. Downplaying his performance is totally misplaced. The guy played really well, came up with new strategies and meta calls and prepared extremely well. Every single bit of his finals appearance was well deserved.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

WickedCossack wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:He won a 2x2 tourney I heard, but idk who was playing in this

Zutazuta wrote:lmfao any one remember kiljardis brother tour lolol

Story time.

This was a such a great/troll/drama moment in aoe3 history. A brief, possibly innacurate, history for those who don't know ... :P

In the middle of 2009 RTS-Sanc hosted a 2v2 fan patch tournament. Many great teams sign up like:

• SkwzzLuigi/TheDemon
  • Mayh3m/Samwise
  • Biobob/Braidon
  • Starsky/NaturePhoenix
  • Challe/Flooky
  • MrCheese/SkwzzOurk
  • Nightscr3am/Nico

And some immature kids called Acergame and Kiljardi. Immature putting it politely. 2009 Acergame makes todays trolls look like the royal family. Needless to say he is not popular. In terms of skill Kiljardi was a pretty solid player back then though not really as good as the above players except Nico and Biobob. Acergame was not that great (relatively of course.) Hence it was general consensus they had pretty much zero to chance to win overall.

Things got off to a rocky start when it was discovered that Kiljardi, the more developed and sophisticated individual here, was discovered to have signed up with two accounts (or smurfed someone else account, don't quite remember) in the tournament and was promptly banned.

Luckily for Acergame however Kiljardi happened to have a brother who up to this point nobody had ever heard of before. Ah and key point here, somehow could play at PR45 skill level. The community is somewhat suspicous, to put it very fudging lightly. I wonder how twitch chat would've reacted back then if it was broadcasted .... Poor Tit and Kynesie born in the wrong generation.

So the event carries on with the new team of Acergame and 'Kiljardis brother.' Best bit about this was that Kiljardis brother didn't have an ESO account and therefore had to use Kiljardi's. :lol: As far as I know he didn't have a name and everyone refered to him as 'Kiljardi's brother.' Bear in mind there is fairly substantial prizes for this event, iirc something like $1,000 in total. How they got away with this, is in retrospect hilarious, in light of recent Kyneise/Tit events. I think part of the reason the admins let it slide was that they had zero to chance to win anyways ...

They did not have an easy bracket and upset Challe & Flooky in the RO8. RTS sanc thread as you would expect gets locked: https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=125238

Somehow not disqualifed, they then bash through Samwise and Mayh3m in the RO4. To quote Acergame "just making our way to finals, nothing special watch if interested.." Thread is unsurprisngly locked once again: https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=125385

For the grand finale they take down NP & Starsky to win the event: https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=127374&st=0 Some juicy drama, people are unhappy, much flame. @Goodspeed is a sad panda. :lol:

Story time over.

I know that this is maybe immortal per some definitions but gawd damn, that's joocy. I'm glad they won.