NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

07 Aug 2019, 14:09

Spadel is too good, he wants to give the other players a chance to win
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

07 Aug 2019, 22:51

Its a strange one, i personaly dont care if i lose at any game but i really hate losing in aoe 3 especially for some reason. Not that it happens often :smile:
I chose this avatar so i cant see the haters
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Musketeer
ESO: luciofrancosi

08 Aug 2019, 08:51

Honestly most aoe3 ppl I have met are friendly!!

But this game although it is a great game it can be incredibly frustrating to play sometimes!! No wonder why ppl get salty!!
As far as I know aoe 2 doesn't have half of the balance issues aoe 3 has!!
Aoe3 players have to deal with a lot of shit to be honest, specially if u play on re maps!! Think of when u are playing vs Russia for example and u just need one shot to get hunts under your tc and all of a sudden u start getting loads of backherds!!
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

08 Aug 2019, 14:32

Something i noticed was people got more salty as i moved up ranks. Generally, ppl below pr15 where super chill and friendly, above that they started to flame, get salty, not want to play someone 2pr higher, etc.
kinda sad
Stuck at PR20. Pick up lvl10 HC India Sepoy rush = winstreak.
Germany Lukas_L99
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

08 Aug 2019, 15:01

Scroogie wrote:Something i noticed was people got more salty as i moved up ranks. Generally, ppl below pr15 where super chill and friendly

Maybe thats why they’re below pr15, they don’t care enough!
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher

08 Aug 2019, 15:03

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Scroogie wrote:Something i noticed was people got more salty as i moved up ranks. Generally, ppl below pr15 where super chill and friendly, above that they started to flame, get salty, not want to play someone 2pr higher, etc.
kinda sad

Maybe thats why they’re below pr15

Sure, but why can't you preserve that attitude? You don't have to become a flaming, raging maniac in order to get good!
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

08 Aug 2019, 15:06

Scroogie wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Scroogie wrote:Something i noticed was people got more salty as i moved up ranks. Generally, ppl below pr15 where super chill and friendly, above that they started to flame, get salty, not want to play someone 2pr higher, etc.
kinda sad

Sure, but why can't you preserve that attitude? You don't have to become a flaming, raging maniac in order to get good!

Because people start flaming you, and it's easy to flame people back. With time, after 1 or 2 years at pr30+ level, you end up flaming everyone after every game, especially the new improving kid who just got lucky and defeated you, and 1 year later, this guy ends up being a raging maniac too.
Germany Lukas_L99
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

08 Aug 2019, 15:06

Scroogie wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
kinda sad

Its essential to becoming good at aoe3
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

08 Aug 2019, 15:07

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Scroogie wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Its essential to becoming good at aoe3

It's not.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

08 Aug 2019, 15:09

He was kidding.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher

08 Aug 2019, 15:10

Goddamn haters shut up, i'll see you at the next LAN where you will be begging me for mercy, because i will have become the second greatest player of all time after MCVane!
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

08 Aug 2019, 15:11

SirCallen wrote:He was kidding.

I missed that. Some people actually believe that you have to rage to become good, so he could have been serious :chinese:
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

08 Aug 2019, 15:25

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
SirCallen wrote:He was kidding.

I missed that. Some people actually believe that you have to rage to become good, so he could have been serious :chinese:

Getting annoyed at losing means you care, so there might be an ounce of truth.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

08 Aug 2019, 15:41

That pesky difference between correlation and causation
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

08 Aug 2019, 15:44

:arrow: Yea, people don't get mad in sc2 while there are a lot of annoying stuffs too (DTs randomly killing 20 scv or losing 25 marines to burrowed banes). It's just a matter of culture and habit. You don't have to rage to become good.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

08 Aug 2019, 15:56

The clearest example is Go, where I have literally never met a player who was anything but respectful.

Disliking losing and raging are separate things. "Raging shows you care" No, it shows you lack self control and don't respect your opponent. Everyone cares. No one likes to lose.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

08 Aug 2019, 16:15

kinda sad

You probably don't host lobbies with rank restriction very often :lol:
Most players are friendly, but i don't think <pr15 are less toxic.
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
ESO: Funnu

08 Aug 2019, 16:21

lemmings121 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:The "it's tolerated" part is interesting. In Starcraft II, streamers also get mad (if you watch heromarine, he spends half his streams complaining about the balance xD), but they are not allowed to talk in tourney except for "glhf", "gg" and "pause" in most tournaments.
There was even a drama in 2013 where Stephano wrote "gl, hf" in proleague where you're not allowed to speak at all. The admins paused the game and he got warned. His opponent answered "gl" to make sure Stephano wouldn't get in trouble.

iirc in kespa a player got a map loss for typing "pp" instead of "ppp" to request a pause lol
Are you saying the objectively proper phrase is "pause, pretty please"?
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

08 Aug 2019, 16:21

Papist wrote:You shouldn't take a fringe case like Garja as representative of the entire community.
ESOC moderating, please ban this cat!

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

08 Aug 2019, 16:22

Goodspeed wrote:The clearest example is Go, where I have literally never met a player who was anything but respectful.

Disliking losing and raging are separate things. "Raging shows you care" No, it shows you lack self control and don't respect your opponent. Everyone cares. No one likes to lose.
Please don't compare japs to the rest of us sub-humans!

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

08 Aug 2019, 16:25

See your pt but most of my games are actually against non-Japs. They tend to play on a different server
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

08 Aug 2019, 16:27

Goodspeed wrote:See your pt but most of my games are actually against non-Japs. They tend to play on a different server

Do you know the people you're playing against when playing GO though? In aoe3 if you're playing at anything above like pr20 even you'll end up knowing the players that you're playing against, which adds annoyance when you lose. E.g when i lost to CometK yesterday even though i knew i would lose i genuinely got very pissed off.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

08 Aug 2019, 16:39

I fucking wish I knew people to play this game with :cry: Anyway at higher levels players tend to know each other and there is never any drama.

I suppose the nature of the game helps. Go is not a game where your goal is to kill your opponent, the goal of the game is to simply get a larger portion of the board than them. You go into each game knowing you're going to have to share the board with your opponent and the game is basically a dialogue where one player goes "Can I have this part?" and the other goes "Ok but then I'll take this part".
There is also not much of a snowball effect. You may gain an advantage, but advantages don't really snowball like they do in other strategy games. You may get a good result in one area of the board, but you start again on equal footing in another area. Players with big egos will realize, sooner or later, that their ego works against them because greedy play is the fastest way to a loss.

In other words the game rewards respect and patience. It is, therefore, one of the best games to teach to young children. But it's never too late guys...
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

08 Aug 2019, 16:46

My issue with Go is that I'm not worthy.

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

08 Aug 2019, 16:51

I can think of few people more worthy

Forum Info

Return to “General”