What keyboard or mouse do you use?

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

I'm using a very cheap keyboard from a no-name brand and a mouse from logitech. I'm thinking about buying a better mouse and a new keyboard. Should I buy a mechanical keyboard or a normal one? Is there a big difference? How much buttons should a mouse have?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

laptop keyboard and some average wireless logitec mouse. It was actually the only wireless mouse I could find that still has a normal size (all the others are super small).
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Razer naga hex, red
A mechanical (clicky) keyboard with a cool backlight.

Mechanicsl keyboards dont have problems with keys sticking. They sound cool (loud, also my opinion). Regardless of what keyboard you get, i enjoy having programmable keys on mine.

Mouse buytons are not neccessary, but they do help. I bought my mouse because i thought it looked cool, but i also got it because it has 6 buttons. This was when i was playing dota 2 + league alot, so it made sense to have a button for each inventory slot. You only have to micro one unit though, so the buttons arent that neccessary :P .
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

Post by nazz121 »

I use mouse buttons for aoe3 :s
I use it for idle villager, find explorer and a couple others :D
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I still use one of those "once upon a time white, now yellow" keyboards.
works just fine .
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

Mad Catz R.A.T. 5 cause it's adjustable in size and i have small hands. It looks a bit weird but i like it a lot.
Keyboard is a Ducky shine 4 w/ cherry mx brown switches.

I think mechanical keyboards are something you either hate or love, but once i get used to a my Mech it was hard to type on something else :p. Mechs can be pretty loud, depending on what kind of switches you use and how hard you press them, and that's definitely something to keep in mind about if you have a roommate or play without Headphones. You can also add O-rings to damp the sound a bit. I strongly suggest you try the different switches out first, i.e. at your local electronic store, then you'll see if you like the feel or not.

Extra buttons on your mouse are not necessarily needed, but i absolutely love to have an extra Shift-key on mine. Otherwise your Keyboard has more then enough Keys for everything.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

it's not possible not to love mechanical keyboards once you've started using them

i haaaaaaaaate the rubber dome keyboards at work

i have a tesoro keyboard with bx brown switches. first and only mechanical keyboard, i love it

if you don't have the funds to dish out for a mechanical keyboard, the scissor switches are something to look into
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Regular black basic keyboard, Razer imperator mouse. For aoe3 the mousewheel doesn't hotkey correctly so I don't use it, but in aoeo I used mouse 3 for idle vils and it was nice. I have side buttons for fwd and back but don't use them for hotkeys.... Probably could use for tc and free up ctrl 1..hmmm.. Last time I switched ctrl groups it took a long time to adjust.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

brown switches are best wtf red plebs
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

[spoiler]{Spoiler}[img]http://www.mln.com.au/img/files/815/399135_110528005921_Samsung-SF511-24015A_side.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[spoiler]{Spoiler}[img]http://nbparts.info/nbparts/MS111-P.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.