Coaching

India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Coaching

Post by Challenger_Marco »

amiggo1999 wrote:@Challe go away you noob
Yeah go away ,amiggo is NWC Lan champion #1 see his dp.
:nwc:
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

did this with @Hazza54321 , i got a lot better at the time
def works with the right coach!
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

How. Much for 1 week coaching 1,30h a. Day let me. Known :geek:
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

will such a coach be able to teach best way for win a game in all cases?
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Mosx wrote:How. Much for 1 week coaching 1,30h a. Day let me. Known :geek:
Hey dude. I know several people have messaged me about this and I have not been able to follow up as best I could have, but if you send me a message while in game we can play a couple. If we care close enough in skill level Maybe we can arrange a time with Callen to grind out some games. I am in the Samurai Revolution league that starts today so I am hoping to get some training in before my first match.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

HeadKilla wrote:
Mosx wrote:How. Much for 1 week coaching 1,30h a. Day let me. Known :geek:
Hey dude. I know several people have messaged me about this and I have not been able to follow up as best I could have, but if you send me a message while in game we can play a couple. If we care close enough in skill level Maybe we can arrange a time with Callen to grind out some games. I am in the Samurai Revolution league that starts today so I am hoping to get some training in before my first match.
Me pr 25-27 so I d like someone pr30+ for coaching me but for some unr game I m up so I u need I ll online at 15 gmt

Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I can reliably not show up to our sessions out of disinterest. Contact me for more info
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

Very. Similar to what I am looking for like obs session game Participate And approach me, I'll contact u, yhea I know about sircallen but I never see him. Online also diarouga or hazza,thanks

Lancer

Post by HeadKilla »

I am online now for several hours and would like to practice the TSREV maps for the League that starts this week. I would really like to practice with someone PR18-20 because I have plenty of players over PR20 to play with at all times. My ESO is Headkilla so please feel free to hit me up in game or on discord.
Sweden Challe
Musketeer
ESO: Challe

Post by Challe »

HeadKilla wrote:I am online now for several hours and would like to practice the TSREV maps for the League that starts this week. I would really like to practice with someone PR18-20 because I have plenty of players over PR20 to play with at all times. My ESO is Headkilla so please feel free to hit me up in game or on discord.

Yeah man Samurai League is best thing to happen my life. One day when I grow up I hope I am a full grown Samurai of your rankings. My PR also goes from 15-20 I think we are in same junior Samuraiu league bro. What is ur E S O nickname junior bro

blessings from spain / / challe
Sweden Challe
Musketeer
ESO: Challe

Post by Challe »

Challenger_Marco wrote:

Sorry my englando bailando no comprende. Martiskainen is good player i hear? Si?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Challe wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:

Sorry my englando bailando no comprende. Martiskainen is good player i hear? Si?
Hej, är det den officiella webbplatsen för The Elder Scrolls Online? Jag letar efter en tränare

please :?:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Challe wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:

hej challe, darför att är du tillbaka på aoe 3? skg har punkt för du alltid du viljar. xoxoxo mycket kärlek från finland
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Brazil Majora_
Musketeer
ESO: Majora_

Post by Majora_ »

what about a pr20 tournament with that purpose ?

A PR35+ coaches this guy during sometime, like 1 month, and also during the matches?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Majora_ wrote:what about a pr20 tournament with that purpose ?

A PR35+ coaches this guy during sometime, like 1 month, and also during the matches?
Pr20 is maybe a little low, but the concept sounds pretty interesting I guess. Tho I'm not sure if there are enough people wanting to be a coach.
Brazil Majora_
Musketeer
ESO: Majora_

Post by Majora_ »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Majora_ wrote:what about a pr20 tournament with that purpose ?

Pr20 is maybe a little low, but the concept sounds pretty interesting I guess. Tho I'm not sure if there are enough people wanting to be a coach.
well, since a lot of players get stuck at pr25, lets make a tournament that includes these people.
About the lack of coaches, it can be easily solved if involves an award.

Would be fun to watch it.
Lancer

Post by HeadKilla »

First my dad left me at the baseball field forgetting that he promised to pick me up after work. Now Coach has left me at my keyboard waiting, only to have been forgotten again.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

do obs work at the end of the game giving advice and then trying them out on the battlefield is a nice way to improve
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Lancer

Post by HeadKilla »

With a player of my level, anything I do can make me better. That is the silver lining of being a perma-noob.

But upon completion of a training session with Coach Callen, I was pretty confidant and ended up rising 2 PR rather quickly. However, a couple of weeks later and the confidence has waned along with the PR. I am certainly playing better opponents on average, but still have yet to beat a LT in 1v1. I have also been playing more team games recently which is for sure hurting my improvement in 1v1.

For starters, I only play a couple to several games in a day and I will take days or weeks off. So I am not being smart with my time investment by spending it in random team 3v3's. Also, 3v3 seems to be incredibly different than 1v1 in so many ways. There is a good chance 1 of 5 other random players will simply quit the game or is totally below the level of the other players. If not on that end of the spectrum, I encounter many more smurfs in the LT PR range than I did in the sergeant lobbys. I find it incredibly frustrating to spend 20 minutes in a game, sitting on a towel because of anal bleeding, only to find out they are ELO 1800 on an account with max PR of 30. Since I am just being toyed with much of the game value is lost to me. I don't get a feel for true timings. I don't see the normal troop composition I can expect in a real match. I am so out micro'd that I cannot even improve that significantly. Scouting at the higher ranks is so much better than at my level. I usually lose treasure's and explorer's to smurfs when I may not as often against equal skilled players. If I happen to have a chance to execute a plan, when it fails I have to wonder if the plan was terrible or if it would not have mattered what I did it would have failed. Then I have to ask the opponent for any advice and if they respond I typically get, "I don't know man, you just need to be faster." This advice is totally worthless since I am aware speed is the main goal, its obtaining it that is hard.

As of today, I think the most valuable thing for me to improve has been finding a new group of players that are pretty much all as good if not better than me who play regularly. For the most part, when I do play team games now, at least my own team is known players that I can safely have expectations of. Not saying we stack teams, though it happens, but we are on discord and are familiar with each other's level of play. Also playing the same people across the PR range somewhat regularly in 1v1's is great. I have a couple players that I was losing to 100% of the time and now I am winning over 50% of our games. There are other players that I still lose to 100% of the time, but our games are lasting longer and I have a sense that I am making it harder for them to beat me. Consistent opponents over a couple of months really gives good feedback about where you are improving or learning what strats work and dont work even if I am not winning those games.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Yeah, smurfs or maybe also decay are a real issue around pr 23-27 from my experience.

I've played pr 23s with really solid builds, stagecoach, good micro, strong timings. Then there are pr 25s whose troops during a fight just run around aimlessly or who lose 6 vills to an early huss raid without a distracting fight before noticing or who do really weird Dutch ATP builds without banks that don't pay off.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Perhaps it depends on the time of day, for me playing at PR23 I hardly encounter anyone who looks like an obvious smurf to me (opponents from 2nd Lt to Captain). Occasionally there are people with >80% win rates, but those I just kick and pest since clearly something's wrong there.

I wouldn't care about the max PR, that could be from years ago. If I see someone who beat me soundly but is losing regularly to 18xx JP Elo players (and with decent game durations), I think most likely I just had a bad game and they had a very good one. For myself I also find it very important not to play when frustrated. If I've had an especially annoying game or going on a losing streak, it's no good to play one more to make up for it. With a negative mindset, chances are I'm not playing too well anyway. I find a one hour break doing something entirely different quite helpful in those situations to get a clear head.

I do agree that team games don't help much to improve in 1v1. The builds are quite different and skill levels can be all over the place. If you're having trouble motivating yourself, perhaps you could try setting a rule like "at least X 1v1 games each day before team games"?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Win rate sorta doesn't matter for smurfs as most purposefully make their winrate to a normal level so they can actually get games

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't think there are many smurfs during the times I play and in my opponent PR range (20-28).

Someone trying to quickly deflate their rating is easy to spot from their game history, there would be a lot of losses with just above 2 minutes of game duration. From what I can see that almost never happens.
The other way would be playing a normal game but then resigning just before they think their opponent was going to quit. That would be harder to spot, but if smurfs were as common as some here claim, statistically you should be encountering those games where people resign on you when they're clearly winning. At least for me, I never see that.
Finally, I don't see why someone whose real skill is PR30 would bother beating up some Master Sergeants. A PR difference of 5 seems enough for an assured win without breaking a sweat, on a PR difference of 10 you might as well just play the AI. Where do all these PR30 players with nothing better to do supposedly come from anyway?

It seems far more likely to me that this is a perceived problem rather than a real one. Faced with a bad loss, it's tempting to blame the opponent for foul play rather than accept that they had a good game and that even a PR difference of 2 or 3 can be a pretty significant skill difference.
For the purposes of getting better, I think it's far more important to find out even just one specific mistake made in that game, think about how to avoid it, and focus on improving rather than playing a mental blame game.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

I think streak can easy be negative for a long period for wrong mindset

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

When I was playing on RE I can't say I remember even once thinking "this guy must be a smurf", on EP it's like every second player :uglylol:
That was almost all lobby games though idk about quicksearch.