Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

09 Aug 2019, 08:06

lordraphael wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I’ve tried coaching several people over the years, but sadly I always feel like I’m trying to get too detailed or get them to use up too much APM on things that don’t matter much because I expect them to keep up... oops, haha.

I feel like I’d like to try coaching someone who’s at least PR33 - 35 at some point. Or coach @Kaiserklein cause boy that man needs help playing this game.

Coach me i need help

You do, despite my big help you still fail to deliver:(

Can you coach me, obviously not in the gym as youre like an acorn compared to me.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

09 Aug 2019, 09:03

Hazza54321 wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I’ve tried coaching several people over the years, but sadly I always feel like I’m trying to get too detailed or get them to use up too much APM on things that don’t matter much because I expect them to keep up... oops, haha.

I feel like I’d like to try coaching someone who’s at least PR33 - 35 at some point. Or coach @Kaiserklein cause boy that man needs help playing this game.

Coach me i need help

You could really improved if you stopped blaming your defeats on 1v1 being shit. :flowers:
Japan Aizamk
Howdah
EPL Reigning Champs

09 Aug 2019, 10:22

The last time I coached someone who wasn’t Interjection was when I was PR30, so perhaps 10 years ago.

The last time I coached Interjection I got him to make spies vs jaegers.

He lost that game.
I'll be back for DE
Austria KINGofOsmane
Jaeger
ESO: KINGofOsmane

09 Aug 2019, 10:42

@GiBthedurrty is a good example how a bad coach can ruin a player
"gua has good mechanics" GiBthedurrty 2017
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

09 Aug 2019, 10:43

KINGofOsmane wrote:@GiBthedurrty is a good example how a bad coach can ruin a player

Did you coach him?
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

09 Aug 2019, 10:55

Aizamk wrote:The last time I coached someone who wasn’t Interjection was when I was PR30, so perhaps 10 years ago.

The last time I coached Interjection I got him to make spies vs jaegers.

He lost that game.

I remeber that video, it was glorious. :lol:
Aiz: "Hmm hes merc-ing, let's use spies. Build a church."
Inter: "Are you sure????"
Aiz: "yeah trust me it's gonna be fine"
Inter: loses his spies horribly
Aiz: "Ah you microed badly, the win was definitely there" :uglylol:
Stuck at PR20. Pick up lvl10 HC India Sepoy rush = winstreak.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Jaeger
ESO: KINGofOsmane

09 Aug 2019, 11:03

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:@GiBthedurrty is a good example how a bad coach can ruin a player

Did you coach him?

obv
"gua has good mechanics" GiBthedurrty 2017
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

09 Aug 2019, 11:10

Remember that coaching smackdown?? It proved I'm twice the coach you are. Was ez win noob. So if anything, I'll be coaching you.
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

09 Aug 2019, 12:25

Can I moesbar a few pr points up to qualify? :hmm:
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

09 Aug 2019, 13:49

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
mmTakezo wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:"Interesting concept". I'd be interesting to see if it works...
diarouga youtube coaching video is the best i hope will make one with japan nice job .......

I might. I have at least 2 videos planned before that though.
i can hardly wait
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher

09 Aug 2019, 15:00

Kaiserklein wrote:

Remember that coaching smackdown?? It proved I'm twice the coach you are. Was ez win noob. So if anything, I'll be coaching you.

Up next: Kaiser vs Mitoe indirect grudge match where they each will crown their champion for separate bo9, and will be coaching each other, where the better coach wins! (or the one who can delete his tc and vills faster :D)
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

09 Aug 2019, 15:08

I can be Mitoe's champion.
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

09 Aug 2019, 15:09

No you cannot
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

09 Aug 2019, 15:13

Why? He taught me the game when I was noob.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: Chumbo_Grosso_

09 Aug 2019, 15:15

lemmings121 wrote:

Can I moesbar a few pr points up to qualify? :hmm:

Just play me a few games :P
No hacks just (lack of) skillz

twitch.tv/chumbo_grosso_
Germany Scroogie
Skirmisher

09 Aug 2019, 15:22

Who was pro first? Mitoe or Kaiser? :hmm:
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

09 Aug 2019, 15:32

Both still arent
United States of America HeadKilla
ESOC Media Team
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

01 Oct 2019, 12:14

I have had several people "coach" me over the past two months. Pretty much it is me playing a game or two against them, losing and then being told what I did wrong, after the game. While playing games against better opponents is certainly useful, playing against someone closer to my level with an observer watching and communicating real time would be most useful. I would like to know in the moment, when I made a mistake or am about to do something stupid. Or, in realtime, where I should place my FB on a particular map so I can do it and feel the effects of that choice. So often going back to watch my games shows me many areas I notice myself I can improve on. But also, each game is unique in a way so the advice given after the game is not as helpful because that situation may not come up again for many games. Also, with a coach in your ear during a game, you will start to do the right things in game regularly so it becomes more of a habit. Right now, I play a game and start out thinking I know what I will do, but then I end up doing other stuff, right or wrong, thinking I need to react to my opponent. Often, I do not know what choice I made cost me the game so when I lose, I am left wondering what went wrong.\

Finding a coach is one step, but finding training partners is also important. Additionally, while there are many players WILLING to coach, most are not ABLE to coach. It has been said before but just because a player is PR35 does not mean they would make a good coach. Also, just because someone is a PR23 does not mean they cannot be a good coach. Knowledge of the game, temperament, communication skills, timezone, personality and play-style are all important factors in a coach that are not necessarily correlated with PR. Another issue is, unless there is incentive for someone to provide coaching, it seems like a lot to ask of a person to spend that much time and energy improving another game-play. So, what incentives can be provided to a potential coach? For sure cash is good, but how much to charge/pay? Does the benefit of the coach owning the rec's with which they can use on their own channel's provide any value?

So, I am going to try to figure out if this is actually something that can work, for me at least. I have contacted one of the only fellow NA's I can think of, SirCalllen, to provide me with some coaching. I figured language could be a potential pitfall, so this was avoided by choosing Callen who not only speaks english, but is also in the same time zone as myself.. We know Callen has a high knowledge of the game and seems to be easy going while at times showing amazing communication skills. All that is left to figure out is what does Callen get out of this deal and will it be worthwhile for both parties to continue after the first lesson.

I will report back how it goes and what arrangement's we came up with. Perhaps if all goes well, others can take advantage of Callen's service or use our situation as a blueprint for your own coaching experience.
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: Riotcoke

01 Oct 2019, 12:24

Honestly from the games i've seen of people being coached, Kaiser seems to do an impeccable job
Islas Malvinas son Britanicas
United States of America HeadKilla
ESOC Media Team
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

01 Oct 2019, 12:31

Riotcoke wrote:Honestly from the games i've seen of people being coached, Kaiser seems to do an impeccable job

Well yeah, a top 3 player, multi-lingual, intelligent, well spoken, charismatic and the most active member in the community would make Kaiser a top shelf coach. I wonder if he would have the time though since he is so active in the AOE3 community while consistently banging our mothers.
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01

01 Oct 2019, 12:31

HeadKilla wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Honestly from the games i've seen of people being coached, Kaiser seems to do an impeccable job

Well yeah, a top 3 player, multi-lingual, intelligent, well spoken, charismatic and the most active member in the community would make Kaiser a top shelf coach. I wonder if he would have the time though since he is so active in the AOE3 community while consistently banging our mothers.

I mean he sometimes has time to play against me, so i assume he might do.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: mr_bramboy

01 Oct 2019, 12:37

@HeadKilla Send me a discord message when I'm on and if I have time we can do some realtime coaching
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

01 Oct 2019, 12:37

HeadKilla wrote:

Keep it in your pants, hes french after all
Argentina Riotcoke
Jaeger
Donator 01

01 Oct 2019, 13:00

Mr_Bramboy wrote:@HeadKilla Send me a discord message when I'm on and if I have time we can do some realtime coaching

Can you coach me as well :))
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: mr_bramboy

01 Oct 2019, 14:05

Riotcoke wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:@HeadKilla Send me a discord message when I'm on and if I have time we can do some realtime coaching

Can you coach me as well :))

I've lost every single game today so you're on your own.

Except for a vs Dutch game where the guy insisted on unrated so I just 10/10'd him and won within 5 minutes.

Forum Info

Return to “General”