EPL Player biddings

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Re: EPL Player biddings

Post by BrookG »

On behalf of the admins I can say that there is much work that needs to be adapted to any quick replacement. It was already known that Somppu wouldn't be available on this day. Prince sadly had to postpone for urgent reasons, informing us through somppu. As for the replacement, we would have to adapt various things on the overlay, since it's already set up on a certain way. The candidates suggested were also unavailable, so we couldn't find a solution other than postponing. For further notice, most team managers would have to be replaced during the auction, because they had to attend to somewhere in the midway. I hope now you get a picture of what happened behind the scenes. Thanks for your understanding.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't think that rescheduling the auction is a good idea if it's more than one day.

We've all been waiting for this for 3 weeks (that's a lot of time), and the managers were aware of it as well. I think the admins should impose a manager to SKG for the auction. I guess it could be an ESOC guy (riot, brookg, bramboy) or a volunteer.
I would not select someone to draft for a team without explicit authorization from the team manager or his champion. The team managers and champions were intentionally selected because of their knowledge of the community. Imagine that, when playing in the league, you are now managing a team drafted that was completely out of your control. That would be untenable. Users who would be acceptable to draft on SKG's behalf were reached out to and unfortunately they were unavailable to participate in the auction.

Selecting a new manager/champion/team on short notice is also untenable because the overlay for the event is designed with SKG incorporated into it. I don't have the technical ability, nor the graphical talent, to adjust the program code and create a new team logo for something that's come to my attention 1h30m before showtime.

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The whole tournament is also going to be delayed by a week which sucks for many players (me included).
There was intended to be a break week after the Auction today, which means that even though the Auction is delayed until next week, it is entirely possible to keep the same event schedule if the break week is thrown aside. I will confer with others whether or whether not this is preferable.

A personal request, have faith in my management skills. Please do not believe that this is a decision the admins are happy to make. Even worse, do not believe that this was the wrong decision to make.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I think it's more of an act of frustration. People have looked forward to the auction and then it's cancelled 30 minutes before start.
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

I can confirm that the actual event will not be delayed at all. The auction will likely be on September 1st (to be confirmed). Week 1 will begin on Monday, September 2nd, exactly as was originally scheduled.

Snuden wrote:I think it's more of an act of frustration. People have looked forward to the auction and then it's cancelled 30 minutes before start.

Understandable. I'm upset too!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yep but considering the tournament is not really competitive, it's all about hype and fun, and that kind of frustration ruins it.
I'm pretty sure some people are more interested in the auction than in the games. Anyway, could have scheduled that auction 1 week ago instead of postponing it 30min before start.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

If it’s all about hype and fun, then imposing a manager onto SKG and potentially forcing a team into Prince & Somppu that they don’t want or aren’t interested in would also ruin it.

To add a bit more to the picture, Duck and I were available for the draft but it would have been awkward for us. I may have had to leave halfway through, and Duck would be drafting from a public place, at the mercy of free public wi-fi and angry managers who don’t like loiterers, haha.

I wasn’t involved in the decision to postpone the auction, but though the main reason for the delay had to have been Prince/Somppu’s availability, I imagine it wasn’t the only thing that made the decision the most agreeable.

At the end of the day, nothing really changes all that much except that you don’t know your team until next week; play will continue on schedule as already stated by Cometk.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

If you guys have been able to wait 3 weeks for the auction, you should be fine to wait another 6 days.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

It's an unfortunate situation but it won't really have an impact on the tourney since it isn't being delayed (from what I know)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Faith in admins!
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Cometk wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't think that rescheduling the auction is a good idea if it's more than one day.

We've all been waiting for this for 3 weeks (that's a lot of time), and the managers were aware of it as well. I think the admins should impose a manager to SKG for the auction. I guess it could be an ESOC guy (riot, brookg, bramboy) or a volunteer.
I would not select someone to draft for a team without explicit authorization from the team manager or his champion. The team managers and champions were intentionally selected because of their knowledge of the community. Imagine that, when playing in the league, you are now managing a team drafted that was completely out of your control. That would be untenable. Users who would be acceptable to draft on SKG's behalf were reached out to and unfortunately they were unavailable to participate in the auction.

Selecting a new manager/champion/team on short notice is also untenable because the overlay for the event is designed with SKG incorporated into it. I don't have the technical ability, nor the graphical talent, to adjust the program code and create a new team logo for something that's come to my attention 1h30m before showtime.

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The whole tournament is also going to be delayed by a week which sucks for many players (me included).
There was intended to be a break week after the Auction today, which means that even though the Auction is delayed until next week, it is entirely possible to keep the same event schedule if the break week is thrown aside. I will confer with others whether or whether not this is preferable.

A personal request, have faith in my management skills. Please do not believe that this is a decision the admins are happy to make. Even worse, do not believe that this was the wrong decision to make.

Glad you (re) opened the thread and allow everyone to talk about what happened.
Thanks for providing a reason also, much more professional than locking every thread and dodging !

Ps : I have faith in your management skills, but everybody is not as competent as you
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

We don't know why SKG isn't available (I hope Prince is doing well :flowers: ) but EPL is a big event (about 30 people involved every week), and you're asking people to be very motivated and commited so you have to set the example, especially when it's the first event of this type.
We all know how Incog's New World ended (or well, didn't end) with lenient rules, don't make the same mistake with EPL.

Just to make this clear, i'm not an admin of the Tournament, they are Bramboy, Brook and Comet.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

@Riotcoke shup up bicchhh
Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

the auction is the day before my exam, can you make it on saturday so I can watch it?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

AFAIK prince is on a work trip in other city. I'm on a trip with a friend of mine and she wouldn't be happy me buying some aoe dudes in the middle of the evening.

We were ready to authorize somebody we consider to have a good judgment but not signed up to avoid a conflict of interests. We are sorry for the postponing but will be there next sunday 100% : )
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

somppukunkku wrote:AFAIK prince is on a work trip in other city. I'm on a trip with a friend of mine and she wouldn't be happy me buying some aoe dudes in the middle of the evening.

We were ready to authorize somebody we consider to have a good judgment but not signed up to avoid a conflict of interests. We are sorry for the postponing but will be there next sunday 100% : )

"friend of mine" :hmm:
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I disagree, Garja should be worth more, do you remember the PK Clan tournaments?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You pagans, the G is priceless, one cannot simply buy him
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

you make deity sacrifice in gold
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I do have my reasons

Honestly though, I mean this was not urgent call, I told admins i'm not available 25th day weeks before auction. Somppu's trip became to me as a surprise, as I gave him the full control over the action. I should've made official statement about replacing manager. (Zoi) which Somppu had already suggested before. I was totally fine with that.

Anyway, i'm sorry for causing this much fuss. I will definitely take the hit from this one ( not somppu ) Like I said I had to find the replacing manager after I heard about this trip. There was nothing I could've done to attend The auction since I was needed in Helsinki by my company's big bosses/boys and chiefs.

We Will be available next sunday 100%
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers