36%

Total votes: 28

Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

The Minor Native Poll

Post by Peachrocks »

Hey,

I'm really curious about whether people think Minor Natives should be changed or not. It takes me a bit of time to come up with ideas and threads but if people don't want it. There's not a lot of point well is there :).

So it's time to actually see. Make your arguments for or against if you want or just vote.

I should clarify though that I'm not saying they should be a priority fix. I mean should they EVER be fixed. Ever. Yes this opens the door to other things like mercs, outlaws, but natives have always been my 'thing' since 2005. So yeah.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: The Minor Native Poll

Post by Kaiserklein »

Depends what you mean by "changed". Do you mean just changing the stats/cost of some nats? Or also changing the techs? Changing the way the whole thing works?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

At all. Any change whatsoever. So they aren't map decorations. So their units aren't just trash tier content filler.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I think the only change that's needed is the nat icon to be removed from the top right

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think a good start would be increasing the build limit of natives across the board. Pretty simple but surely makes them more viable.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I think we should probably work on changing the techs and adjusting some of the unit numbers (hp, attack, built limit, etc.) very slightly overtime (not all at once) just to make them not complete ass, but I want to avoid having them be good enough that you feel like you have to go for them or that you don't sacrifice anything by going for them.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

Mitoe wrote:I think we should probably work on changing the techs and adjusting some of the unit numbers (hp, attack, built limit, etc.) very slightly overtime (not all at once) just to make them not complete ass, but I want to avoid having them be good enough that you feel like you have to go for them or that you don't sacrifice anything by going for them.

That’s my intent. I don’t want them to be must haves but there’s a huge gap between there and the garbage tier most are at now.

Only the removing symbol only makes the rush type ones slightly better and not by much. Most of them have woeful fighting stats. This isn’t the days of ridiculous Maya siege like in early vanilla
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Maya, inca, mapuche have all been favourite rushers, but in today's more refined meta they have fallen out of favour as players have gotten better at defending.

(Nootka would be an easy buff just give them 3x vs cav instead of 2)

I would like to see natives buffed but also wouldn't like to see them overwhelmingly take over the meta. I could certainly see some clever apache-skirm from Dutch or china, but i dont know if that is a meta the balance team would ever be interested in (on this note, 3 nat carded apache for china are absolutely disgusting with that speed boost and huge vill multi)
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

China can and has always been able to TP+Village and attack with 8 chukonu/9 pike and the 5 nats. That is so important at times as 3 pike/11 chukonu is just bad...
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Fixing the bug where you cant see native enemy stats
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Honestly build limit and native post locations is all that needs changing
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

ShinkuroYukinari wrote:Fixing the bug where you cant see native enemy stats
Cant you just hold "alt"?
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon

zoom wrote:
ShinkuroYukinari wrote:Fixing the bug where you cant see native enemy stats
Cant you just hold "alt"?

I meant when you click on a unit and the bottom right bit is blank, which only applies for natives and is really frustrating.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Right, can't you just hold alt, after clicking on it?
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon

zoom wrote:Right, can't you just hold alt, after clicking on it?

Will test when i get home. Would still be convenient if you could see it without extra steps
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Agreed. It's funny.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Peachrocks wrote:At all. Any change whatsoever. So they aren't map decorations. So their units aren't just trash tier content filler.

Well I voted no because I'd agree only with small changes, while I think you want to totally revamp the way they work/revamp all their stats, which is just bad.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

The poll could be clearer. Good thing you can change your vote, though!
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Peachrocks wrote:At all. Any change whatsoever. So they aren't map decorations. So their units aren't just trash tier content filler.

Well I voted no because I'd agree only with small changes, while I think you want to totally revamp the way they work/revamp all their stats, which is just bad.

Maybe but I’d settle for stat changes so all of them at least have a niche. Fair enough though. I understand the reluctance, there is a legitimate point here and it ultimately comes down to preference. I don’t want natives being a must have, I just want them to not have total dog poop stats and be sometimes worth using.

@zoom I wanted it to be a very yes/no sort of thing with my personal preference for how exactly they should be changed put aside. That’s what those big threads are for.

@Hazza54321 I’m not sure of that. If you read the Comanche and Seminole threads you’d see pretty big problems with both of their units and they aren’t alone. Now some people are okay with ones that just have good techs and can be used and then forgotten about if the game goes long enough but that’s still quite rare.

Edit: Alright. I’ve come to the conclusion that for as long as the vote is above 60% in favour I will continue the threads. I also did not vote myself. I wanted to see what everyone else thought.