Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Monster civ.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Typical German vs X mili pop graph V2

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:Follow up to hazza's thread

This is Germany on 200w start.

cheating accusations are not allowed on this website.

@Garja @pecelot
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Germanys is actually the worsts city because the willaiger don't do melee resistance, and are weaker so they dies easily to cavs
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Germans good civilization. If only you had recorded your game, though!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Germany won't be balanced until wood start gets removed tbh.
Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

Post by optimusprime »

moesbar civ
Attachments
hachem XD.jpg
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Typical thread with zero context and the biased poster only showing what he wants
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

u don't need any fucking context to know how unfair this MU is with 200w start, I didn't even lose any vill to raid before it was over. Even breeze was just lmfaoing how bad he played and still won lol.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

the MU sucks on any start :DDD
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Can we stop spamming threads about a issue everyone knows about

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You can't play spain and you probs played shit too. If you waste that many units early on you simply lose vs a half decent spain.
Anyway I'm not saying the mu isn't ger favoured. 200w start isn't necessarily op vs spain for the record, since on many maps it means you just lose your explorer directly and get zero treasure
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Riotcoke wrote:Can we stop spamming threads about a issue everyone knows about

Not everyone knows about that though, some people still claim that Germany isn't op.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Can we stop spamming threads about a issue everyone knows about

Not everyone knows about that though, some people still claim that Germany isn't op.

Everyone that matters knows, even someone you claim to be in the 'german lobby' Kaiser has said that Germany needs a nerf.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Among all civs Germans can face Spain is honestly not the easiest one. As much as Spain is weak in general.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Follow up to hazza's thread

This is Germany on 200w start.

cheating accusations are not allowed on this website.

@Garja @pecelot

thank you I've already banned him
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Have you tried musk rushing 'em
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Goodspeed wrote:Have you tried musk rushing 'em

8bows+mm => all musks dead.

Seriously, if musk rush doesn't work as France, and hardly with brit, it's not going to work with Spain.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

I know plenty of habitual nilla civ players who have spiked at least +5-10 PR by switching to/learning asian civs, breaking out of the capt-major swamp. In fact I have records of such players trying asian civs for fun beating (legit) PR 35-40 players in qs. If someone could provide a single example of, say, a capt-major lvl India lamer who by switching to Germany made the same PR journey I would maybe grant that perhaps the civ is op, however contrary to my experience that may be. Hypothesis: people playing asian civs do get overranked and when, eventually, faced with real skill starts to whine and wants to move the goalposts. Patching the game in order to appease said lamers might result in the whole enterprise degenerating into a tyranny of the loud.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

bepsi wrote:I know plenty of habitual nilla civ players who have spiked at least +5-10 PR by switching to/learning asian civs, breaking out of the capt-major swamp. In fact I have records of such players trying asian civs for fun beating (legit) PR 35-40 players in qs. If someone could provide a single example of, say, a capt-major lvl India lamer who by switching to Germany made the same PR journey I would maybe grant that perhaps the civ is op, however contrary to my experience that may be. Hypothesis: people playing asian civs do get overranked and when, eventually, faced with real skill starts to whine and wants to move the goalposts. Patching the game in order to appease said lamers might result in the whole enterprise degenerating into a tyranny of the loud.

No way a captain beats a pr40 just by playing a TAD civ xD.

You also have to keep in mind that India is a noob friendly civ because you don't need a lot of skill when you go 100% sepoy, so it's probably the best civ at captain-major level. Germany is hard to play however, so if a noob picks Germany he'll make mistakes a lose, but if you play Germany well, then you just don't lose because the civ is op.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:[quote="bepsi" Germany is hard to play however, so if a noob picks Germany he'll make mistakes a lose, but if you play Germany well, then you just don't lose because the civ is op.

It seems like 90% of players, myself included, could not take advantage of the OP advantages Germany seems to have. We simply are not playing at a high enough level to where the level of imbalance is actually effecting our games. I read Germany was OP. I wanted to beat my friends on a more consistent level, I started playing Germany. I lost many, many games in a row despite 200w start or TP non-TP maps. However when we watch the highest level players go head to head, it is obvious that something is going on with Germany.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

I think it's best to look at Balance through a different lens when looking at around capt and Major level, civs like India and I'd even say Japan feel pretty easy compared to some TAD civs so might be seen as op. Me and Rouga have sort of already had this discussion in regards to RE Iro vs RE Germany.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

HeadKilla wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:[quote="bepsi" Germany is hard to play however, so if a noob picks Germany he'll make mistakes a lose, but if you play Germany well, then you just don't lose because the civ is op.

It seems like 90% of players, myself included, could not take advantage of the OP advantages Germany seems to have. We simply are not playing at a high enough level to where the level of imbalance is actually effecting our games. I read Germany was OP. I wanted to beat my friends on a more consistent level, I started playing Germany. I lost many, many games in a row despite 200w start or TP non-TP maps. However when we watch the highest level players go head to head, it is obvious that something is going on with Germany.

Let's just call it the emperor's new clothes. :kinggreen:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

HeadKilla wrote:

We simply are not playing at a high enough level to where the level of imbalance is actually effecting our games.

Yeah for example I've had great success with Japan vs Germany lately but I keep hearing it's a hopeless MU for Japs. At the same time I've been getting crushed as France and Brits despite them supposedly having a much better time against Germany. Some aspects of gameplay just aren't as relative to the level of play as others. The difference between a pr26 sepoy rush and a pr40 sepoy rush probably isn't as big as the difference between a pr26 and pr40 attempting to pull off a successful defense and semi-ff against it.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

I think BSOP had great success rushing with Japan, if that is what you are referring to, and the videos are still available for download (Buckethead hosts them somehow on a web service). I would've loved to see how any top player today would have fared with France or Germany vs BSOPs or H2Os Japan in their prime.