Australia robo
Musketeer
ESO: robo_boro

20 Aug 2019, 22:32

https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news/695 ... ing-on-ip/

The newly-announced Age of Empires studio headed up by Shannon Loftis at Microsoft isn't directly making games, but instead is more of a production outfit overseeing other studios' work on the IP.

Isgreen says that Australia's Tantalus Media is working on Age of Empires III Definitive Edition, too.

https://www.tantalus.com.au/
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

20 Aug 2019, 22:39

They released Sonic Mania which was op. Lets hope they deliver with aoe3 de.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999

21 Aug 2019, 00:18

They are also co-developers of AoEDE and AoE2DE.
Romania Dolan
Jaeger

21 Aug 2019, 02:08

>Shannon Loftis

She's a "communications, media and monetisation" handler. :dry:

Tantalus sounds tantalising, though.
"That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace."

"Aren't we all just internet explorers?"
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

21 Aug 2019, 07:00

AoE4 with skins would be fine as long as the base game is good
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019
Singapore Thrar
ESOC Dev Team
ESO: Thrar

21 Aug 2019, 10:52

Seems unfortunate that there are now 3 different companies working on the franchise, with Forgotten Empires, Relic, and Tantalus. For a coherent vision it would have been nice to have one company work on the entire series.

My guess is that FE wasn't big enough to do it, and not experienced enough to build a wholly new game from the ground up. Meanwhile Relic probably wasn't interested in dealing with the legacy games, so MS had to find another company for AoE3:DE.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Musketeer

21 Aug 2019, 11:39

Thrar wrote:Seems unfortunate that there are now 3 different companies working on the franchise, with Forgotten Empires, Relic, and Tantalus. For a coherent vision it would have been nice to have one company work on the entire series.

My guess is that FE wasn't big enough to do it, and not experienced enough to build a wholly new game from the ground up. Meanwhile Relic probably wasn't interested in dealing with the legacy games, so MS had to find another company for AoE3:DE.

Isnt this age of empires studios mentioned in the article there to ensure a coherent vision then?
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

21 Aug 2019, 11:56

Honestly Tantalus seems like a good choice, they have a background in making remasters of games.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT

21 Aug 2019, 13:19

Thrar wrote:Seems unfortunate that there are now 3 different companies working on the franchise, with Forgotten Empires, Relic, and Tantalus.

You're forgetting SkyBox Labs and Wicked Witch. Although SkyBox may be gone for good now, after AoE1 (not sure).

Technically there's also MS itself (aka Xbox Game Studios), though it was explained they are only coordinating stuff and not actually developing anything.
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Interjection
Lancer
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

25 Aug 2019, 21:26

And EAGLEMUT industries on EP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

25 Aug 2019, 21:46

finally some news, I've been waiting for it for a long time!
I see a pikeman and I want it painted grey :geek:
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

25 Aug 2019, 22:00

this is good news and good for aoe
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

25 Aug 2019, 22:01

Garja wrote:They released Sonic Mania which was op. Lets hope they deliver with aoe3 de.

and this post

Forum Info

Return to “General”