EP Win Rate Statistics

Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: EP Win Rate Statistics

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

somppukunkku wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Wtf Brit players?

1) Most active top players dont bother to play it because many counter picks (erik inactice, dia grinding unr)
2) Std map set gave klondike, HP, mendo 24/7
3) Manor nerf undeserved

4) GUA plays British into every match up :P
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:@lemmings121 couple of questions,

1) Where do you get this data?
2) how do you get this data?
3) is any other information you can extract?

Buckethead extracted the data from EP backlog and you need some knowledge of the specific code its language syntax. I had asked him several times for them and he exported the csv files. Afaik it is somewhat possible to maintain an EP Statistics page, where all winrates are included per EP iteration, however, the amount of space it requires is significant and can be refreshed only daily or once every 2 days. It may be even longer, like a week or so. Don't take my word for granted. Also, devs have to spend time for designing the whole code for it, so it hasn't been a priority.

Bucket surely can export info about high/low elo (seed for my tournament sheets), map name, game duration for recorded games. If the game is hosted in observer mode, potentially we can get info about shipments sent, upgrades, age ups and others, but further organising the data is harder, because UI is catered for viewer compatibility rather than data collection. For example, age ups work differently in TAD and euro civs.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:

1) Most active top players dont bother to play it because many counter picks (erik inactice, dia grinding unr)
2) Std map set gave klondike, HP, mendo 24/7
3) Manor nerf undeserved

4) GUA plays British into every match up :P
That doesn't explain the 39% win rate against Dutch, historically one of the easiest Brit MUs
But a small sample will do that
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Playing vs raph has really shifted my opinion to atleast neutral. Gs you should go show how its done :D

Imo brits are a bit overrated. They're not bad but not very close to the top either.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

@BrookG would only want global data like date / patch / ELO / PR / TP-Map(Y/N) / game time. That way you can group things like PR/ELO difference and game time per 10 minutes etc. Also comparing recent data against future patch data would be intresting.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:@BrookG would only want global data like date / patch / ELO / PR / TP-Map(Y/N) / game time. That way you can group things like PR/ELO difference and game time per 10 minutes etc. Also comparing recent data against future patch data would be intresting.

if you have map info you can get TP-Map(Y/N) posteriorly

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

I had raised the issue of creating a global EP stat page ot the devs, but unfortunately there wasn't much time nor much request about it.

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

somppukunkku wrote:Playing vs raph has really shifted my opinion to atleast neutral. Gs you should go show how its done :D

Imo brits are a bit overrated. They're not bad but not very close to the top either.
No doubt I would lose that MU to Raph since atm I can't execute a build if my life depended on it, but with equal skill levels the Brit should win, no? The 5th bank does make it easier for Dutch but still

And agreed Brits are overrated, I don't think the manor nerf was needed in hindsight. On high res maps they are probably still (one of the) top civ(s) but the current map pool is at best not great for them.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yea. Obviously, I'm not on the same level either. But Rapha is really good at that MU and I don't personalöy believe its brit favoured before I see somebody taking rapha down atleast in a few games.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

@lordraphael bring it tiny junger
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

If gua doesn’t get there first
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea Brit is a bad civ on the EP mapset, every time I use it I guess tassili or mendocino. Quite sure half of the maps are bad for Brit. Also yea, India and Russia.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

The most played MU is French vs Russia with 240 games. Even that number is too small to draw any credible conclusion.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

Which imo is a good reason not to update EP balance that much and that often

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

It just doesn't matter tbh. Look at the RE statistics, they're not reliable at all even with many games.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Great!, Only British need a buff then, and maybe Iro a slight nerf, all other civ seems within reasonable margin of win/loss, Germany seems perfect right now with near 50% win/loss rate.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

princeofcarthage wrote:Great!, Only British need a buff then, and maybe Iro a slight nerf, all other civ seems within reasonable margin of win/loss, Germany seems perfect right now with near 50% win/loss rate.

These statistics are obviously irrelevant lol. Can't draw conclusions from it.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Yea Brit is a bad civ on the EP mapset, every time I use it I guess tassili or mendocino. Quite sure half of the maps are bad for Brit. Also yea, India and Russia.

Saying that it's because of India/Russia is not true because if you look at the data they also lose in every single other MU except otto which is 50%.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Interesting. I guess it's because of lower level players playing it. It's the most popular civ and I nobody in the top10 plays it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Mendocino and High plains are exceptional maps for Brits with 2'0235'249345'02354280457u billion of resources. In fact all EP maps are Brit friendly. That's exactly the reason why Brits are so good on EP in the first place.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

EP map set is definitely not bad for Brit.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Of course not. The point is that it's worse than it was when we decided Brit was OP.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I dont think we ever decided Brit was OP. All we decided is that 35w for an extra vill is more valuable on EP given the resources, so we actualized it increasing the manor cost by a simple 5w. 40w for a vill sounds a more reasonable cost on EP.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

It’s about the same really, nothing has changed. The only thing that changed was the maps that were featured in tournaments this year (which, to be fair, may have been what you meant anyway).

Personally I think the only reason Brit seems underwhelming on many of those maps is also because most Brit players seem to be rather one-dimensional in how they play the civ. It’s always super easy to predict what they’re going to do every game, and each player seems to think that deviating from what they believe is the “optimal” way to play Brit is out of the question.

Brit can do a lot more than sit at home passively making pikes and muskets and aging. If anything this is one of the worst ways to play them on many maps.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

You play them much worse ehehehe