EP Win Rate Statistics

Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: EP Win Rate Statistics

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Would be interesting to see each EP players‘ win rate with each civ. But that might be too much work I guess?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Would be interesting to see each EP players‘ win rate with each civ. But that might be too much work I guess?
probably, unless we extract the data from esoc elo ladders
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

You could do a filter on ELO or PR difference between players. You could also show average PR of players on each civ to help with context.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Goodspeed wrote:Wtf Brit players?
that is exactly what I thought when I saw this
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

BrookG wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Would be interesting to see each EP players‘ win rate with each civ. But that might be too much work I guess?
probably, unless we extract the data from esoc elo ladders
I am trying to do it now, doesn't seem to be hard, although I only have the datas from tourneys that you have provided so far, maybe @Development Team could help me to have more ? who should I contact ?
Edit : missread that's not what I am doing missread^^
but I think I still would like to get this, I am trying to do statistic on civ winrate that include players elo
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Ok I did it and here are the result I have obtained :

This was my methode
- civ strength = 0
- for each game of EPL : civ strength change = elo player change for the player playing this (exept I did as if both player were playing with their max elo)
civStrength.JPG
I also join a full PDF with explanation and code if you are interested in exploring more about it. I think we could creat a good methode to evaluate the civ power with this kind of stuff @zoom

PS : Note that the results here are not significant at all since the number of games in EPL is quite small. Although I think this method could be extended to a large database of games played on EP.
Attachments
civRatings.pdf
(443.71 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

bwinner wrote:Ok I did it and here are the result I have obtained :

This was my methode
- civ strength = 0
- for each game of EPL : civ strength change = elo player change for the player playing this (exept I did as if both player were playing with their max elo)
civStrength.JPG
I also join a full PDF with explanation and code if you are interested in exploring more about it. I think we could creat a good methode to evaluate the civ power with this kind of stuff @zoom

PS : Note that the results here are not significant at all since the number of games in EPL is quite small. Although I think this method could be extended to a large database of games played on EP.
I'm confused. Is the more postive a number is the stronger it is? Or the more negative?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

This was my methode
- civ strength = 0
civStrength.JPG

I will check it tomorrow. NWC was also played in EP6 afaik. So we can include those data too

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

wardyb1 wrote:

This was my methode
- civ strength = 0
civStrength.JPG

I'm confused. Is the more postive a number is the stronger it is? Or the more negative?
Positiv ist stronger. As said though it's just on how they performed during EPL+it's biased by people with no games on EP like wicked Cossack (he has max 1600 elo...). Although it's more to show how we could do because if I was using all games for pr30+ ep for instance, I think we would get something much more relevant.
Also the method was a bit arbitrary here, but we can easily use any other formula that would mix elo/winrate with this method.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

This was my methode
- civ strength = 0
civStrength.JPG

You mean civ strength is the average of the ELO difference between the player playing the civ and their opponent? I think that's what we're looking for here.
So if you have someone playing Brit and they're -100 ELO from their opponent, and someone else playing brit who is +50 ELO from their opponent, civ strength would be -25?
"Civ strength" is a rather misleading name in that case
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Goodspeed wrote:

This was my methode
- civ strength = 0
civStrength.JPG

You mean civ strength is the average of the ELO difference between the player playing the civ and their opponent? I think that's what we're looking for here.
So if you have someone playing Brit and they're -100 ELO from their opponent, and someone else playing brit who is +50 ELO from their opponent, civ strength would be -25?
"Civ strength" is a rather misleading name in that case
No, that's not what I did. What I did is:
-Initiate all civ strength to 0
-Iterate on all match played during EPL ;
-let's say we have turk 1800 elo playing India vs sheckler 1600elo playing dutch.
-if turk wins, India strength is updated to something like 0.1 and dutch to -0.1 (fake number but small number is what is important)
-if sheckler wins though, India strength is updated to like -2 and dutch strength to 2.
-then move to next match and do the same.
I think it's better than raw winrate because it reduce the impact of games where one player would win with any civ.
Although now that the tools are here, I can do what you asked very easily if you want
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ah yeah I guess that works but it does make it a bit confusing for people because the numbers seem arbitrary (since there's a magic formula hidden behind them). If you can easily get the average ELO difference per civ, that would be helpful
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Goodspeed wrote:Ah yeah I guess that works but it does make it a bit confusing for people because the numbers seem arbitrary (since there's a magic formula hidden behind them). If you can easily get the average ELO difference per civ, that would be helpful
There you go. I did it only for EPL here once again, and it's player max ep elo (I could do current ep elo if you think it's more relevant).
EDIT : it was the average elo of the player who have played a civ during EPL @BrookG
Now I did what goodspeed asked as well so average elo difference of players for a civ compared to opponents elo
averageElo.JPG
For instance, spain players were on average 180elo higher than their opponents during EPL and had an average elo of 1826.5.

EDIT2 :with more in the table @Goodspeed
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

What is this last table? I can't understand @bwinner

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Nice. If you put those numbers next to the win rates, it becomes much more meaningful. Like if Spain won 50% of their games but the average ELO was 180 higher than their opponent, the civ is probably UP.
But only EPL is too small of a sample I guess.
Also I would take JP elo if possible. EP elo ladders aren't (even close to) settled
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

@bwinner As I said you can take the data from nwc too. Great job, I am interested. I am working today, tomorrow I can give you access to edit the sheets. If you are interested we can talk a bit, how we can extract more info

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No offense but maybe we should try to fix EP Elo before we even think about getting stats out of it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Ep stats will never be accurate with such a low player base.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Yeah I agree that it will probably be more accurate with jp elo, especially for EPL. I will look at it when I have time but there shouldn't be problem using it @Goodspeed
Although it doesn't entirely solve the problem of people using smurf with sometimes very inacurate elo, but I guess it will still be a lot better.

I will also try with NWC when I have time @BrookG , I mainly use EPL because I am just trying to developpe the idea so far, but this is next step for sure.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Hazza54321 wrote:The spain pain train has reached each destination without any delays or derailing.
Much unlike a EU train, so I hear.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:No offense but maybe we should try to fix EP Elo before we even think about getting stats out of it
I always like looking through ep elo and finding a 15 have the same elo as two majors
Attachments
Screenshot_20191017_152232_com.android.chrome.jpg

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:No offense but maybe we should try to fix EP Elo before we even think about getting stats out of it
+1
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

About that, I know that in chess for instance, change rate decrease after you've played a certain amount of games. I think this is a good feature that could participate in improving ep elo accuracy because it means you reach quickly a representative level that correspond to your starting level and then your elo doesn't move too fast which correspond to how your real level moves.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well yeah, it's also how pr works. The 10-20 first games or whatever should make you gain/lose much more elo, so that you can quickly reach your "real" elo.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Glicko system