How common is hacking on RE?

United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

How common is hacking on RE?

Post by bittersalt123 »

Just wondering if you guys think hacking has died down on RE or not. No names plz the known cheaters will reveal themselves if they exist.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo ā€“ The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: How common is hacking on RE?

Post by Kawapasaka »

Ran into very few cheaters when I was playing a ton of RE games a few months back, 1v1 and team. Only have distinct memories of a single one. Mostly lobby games but a bit of a quicksearch as well. So yeah, I'd say so.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

There are a lot.
On EP tournament also played some1 who set gather rates just a bit higher, so it was almost unnoticable-
So when you think they dont cheat even so they might.
Also unit/resource hacker are very common.
If wanted to play, i'd play only EP. Though i dont have experience how effective its anticheat - but i guess it works.
Scotland Vincerevelmori
Crossbow
ESO: Vincerevelmori

Post by Vincerevelmori »

Whatā€™s the fucking point cheating ahaha!
I mean even quick collect rsc (resource) how little it may be, what does it accomplish except an empty victory!
Those who cheat get put on the pest list!
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Dsy wrote:Though i dont have experience how effective its anticheat - but i guess it works.

The most effective anti-cheat is there being so few players you already know everyone :mrgreen:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dsy wrote:There are a lot.
On EP tournament also played some1 who set gather rates just a bit higher, so it was almost unnoticable-
If wanted to play, i'd play only EP. Though i dont have experience how effective its anticheat - but i guess it works.

Lol wtf... do the admins know about this? How was he able to cheat on the patch?
European Union KoenigRother
Skirmisher
ESO: Darky_soocer

Post by KoenigRother »

2lt gameplay - i have encountered 1 obvious cheater.
notoric treehugger
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Not the responses I was expecting.... interesting.

Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

From my experience, player in quicksearch cheat the most.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I have not encountered a single obvious cheater

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

I didnt find any cheater on re for a while and ive played quite a lot of qs, tbh when there were one it was either wuziqi on one of his stolen account or sirmoesbar.
There are less cheater than people think, its often the same person accross different accounts.
#IPcheck
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

flontier wrote:I didnt find any cheater on re for a while, and tbh when there were one it was either wuziqi on one of his stolen account or sirmoesbar.
There are less cheater than people think, its often the same person accross different accounts.
#IPcheck

no names plz but I understand what you're saying. You know how to check IP?

Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

umeu wrote:

Lol wtf... do the admins know about this? How was he able to cheat on the patch?

He got banned when H2O detected it. Plus they updated the anticheat. As far as i remember. But i guess Eaglemut can tell more about it.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

bittersalt123 wrote:
flontier wrote:I didnt find any cheater on re for a while, and tbh when there were one it was either wuziqi on one of his stolen account or sirmoesbar.
#IPcheck

no names plz but I understand what you're saying. You know how to check IP?

Well i dont accuse anyone, i dont think its a secret for all the community that the inv spammer and sirmoesbar cheats/cheated and its worth hiding theirs names lol.
To check ip you need a packet analyser software or easier, xakops eso tracker tool : https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16984
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Encountered cheats/hacks just yesterday on RE. Infinite Saphi's and ranged cav that were shooting from across the map. He took out my entire teams TC's with mortars from across the map less than 8 minutes into the game. He then LOL'd and dropped the game. His teammate said they had no idea he was a cheater but still took the win. I noticed they were all teamed up again in the lobby shortly there after....
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:

Yes, surely you are familiar with roi and uhlan, who were caught shipping eco theory immediately at the start of their tourney matches, which was only confirmed by preemptively pressing the pause hotkey while the recording was loading, and switching to the cheaters POV to see the shipment name pop up in the middle of the screen, or something like that. I think the cheater needed to upload their own version of the recs to see it, idk. Top player intuition was the tip off. They're both banned indefinitely and went off the radar.

It was an earlier version of EP and as far as I know that particular method of cheats is patched out.

Action follows action - hard to patch for the unknown and the undiscovered. The EP is not cheat impregnable, but cheat retardant.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

I am curious about how the resources gathered graph would show if someone was cheating on resources. Obv if it was small increase in gather rates, it would be hard to notice,but if they ship crates, will there be spike? My last game the opponent was several hundred resources ahead of me within 20 seconds of the start by 200 or so resources. Is there another place I can look for unusual activity? I will record our next game and watch from their perspective. Seems like a 200 resource head start is more than enough to alter the game significantly.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

In my experience, obvious hacks are easy to spot on the graph, even more obvious when itā€™s the pig cannon or whatever. Watching the rec, I saw units spawning, also quite obvious. Iā€™ve suspected hacks when I saw the opponent had always more all res gathered than me, even though he was the one idled, but no way to prove it.
I understand the ones that spawn "ice cream trucks" and have a laugh but the ones that try to hack just for the win, seems sad, especially in this game.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Holy See Suzerain
Crossbow

Post by Suzerain »

HeadKilla wrote:I am curious about how the resources gathered graph would show if someone was cheating on resources. Obv if it was small increase in gather rates, it would be hard to notice,but if they ship crates, will there be spike? My last game the opponent was several hundred resources ahead of me within 20 seconds of the start by 200 or so resources. Is there another place I can look for unusual activity? I will record our next game and watch from their perspective. Seems like a 200 resource head start is more than enough to alter the game significantly.

Download eso packet tracker, record all your games.

If you play an opponent which get suspicious large batches of units or op eco its quite easy to discover with help of the eso packet tracker.

Open the record game in eso tracker and you can check "spawn unit commando" and if it is versus a cheater you will see this:
Cheats.jpg

If the person is spawning resources you will see it aswell. The sending eco theory in second 1 etc I would guess that it is possible to see it in the shipments. Not sure thou, never encountered it.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

There used to be more cheaters (mostly in QS), atm itā€™s 99% clean apart from that known guy who steals accounts (and even there Iā€˜m not so sure if he actually cheats apart from a wall macro).

umeu wrote:Lol wtf... do the admins know about this? How was he able to cheat on the patch?

Anti cheats always work in a reactive way, they can only detect cheats which are known to the developers. If thereā€˜s a new unknown cheat you will be able to use it until the devs know about it and update the anti cheat.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

90% of cheaters on qs = wuziqi smurfs.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

My main experience with a hacker was a french player who spawned what i assume was food crates and cuirs. I dodnt have it recorded but at the end even his starting hunt was alive, not a single dead animal on his side of the map and he had like 55 cuirs in 14 minutes. After i obviously lost i asked in the chat, where we you gathering food and he played stupid
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Suzerain wrote:
HeadKilla wrote:I am curious about how the resources gathered graph would show if someone was cheating on resources. Obv if it was small increase in gather rates, it would be hard to notice,but if they ship crates, will there be spike? My last game the opponent was several hundred resources ahead of me within 20 seconds of the start by 200 or so resources. Is there another place I can look for unusual activity? I will record our next game and watch from their perspective. Seems like a 200 resource head start is more than enough to alter the game significantly.

Download eso packet tracker, record all your games.

If you play an opponent which get suspicious large batches of units or op eco its quite easy to discover with help of the eso packet tracker.

Open the record game in eso tracker and you can check "spawn unit commando" and if it is versus a cheater you will see this:
Cheats.jpg

If the person is spawning resources you will see it aswell. The sending eco theory in second 1 etc I would guess that it is possible to see it in the shipments. Not sure thou, never encountered it.

lol jonathanpratama1 is sirmusket
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Kawapasaka wrote:
Dsy wrote:Though i dont have experience how effective its anticheat - but i guess it works.

The most effective anti-cheat is there being so few players you already know everyone :mrgreen:

The thing is, so many "top" players we know have cheated. Some say you can't go above captain without at least one cheat. The general rule to keep in mind is if they are pr 28+ and they beat you, you should assume they cheated until proven otherwise.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

ESOC has at least created a community of honest players but recently i've been questioning some of my losses with the less unknown players.