how to report players?

No Flag willhaversham
Crossbow

how to report players?

Post by willhaversham »

hi, i just played a game there but the guy was clearly cheating - had 61 pts at about 2.5 minute mark when i had about 30 odd. seemed to be some sort of double vill trick as i could see he probably had about 30-40 vills. how do i report this player please?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: how to report players?

Post by princeofcarthage »

You can't support is dead
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag willhaversham
Crossbow

Post by willhaversham »

ok thanks for letting me know. very sad to hear that people can get away with things like this but i suppose it is to be expected. hopefully this thread will at least warn others of this issue
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

You can make a thread in this board: https://eso-community.net/viewforum.php?f=227 and we might remove him from the ESOC ladder, which is pretty much the only thing we can do.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

sorry but you can't list the esoc for these players by their name so that people will recognize them and not fall into their tricks.
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Been active for about 2 months now and every time I dedicate some time to playing, I feel like I am being cheated. So many team games where just past 2 minutes in my team realizes something is up.
My most recent encounter of this sort, some player had to have a program that he was using to build walls. within a few minutes of the game, he had more walls up than I have ever built across all games I have ever played. If I was able to get a wall down, there was a villager or two that would run into my troops to try and rebuild it while another was building another wall behind or in front. SO, the villagers were being bot like in that they just walked into my troops. When I got spies I could see there were dozens of villagers just walking around making walls pretty much everywhere.

After that game I looked the player up and they have over 500 games played and all that I could see were on LG Deccan and most games were close to 1 hr long like mine was. His only losses were to russia and otto with 11 or 18 minute timing pushes.
Germany qwixs
Crossbow
ESO: qwixs

Post by qwixs »

Wall building hack? Why would someone do that? Sounds so boring....
And why would you only play on large Deccan?
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Not only did I see a lot of people that instead of releasing a settler 3 or 5 came out of the city center and at 4 minutes it had a scoop of 70, the same thing as the troops went out instantly
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

HeadKilla wrote:Been active for about 2 months now and every time I dedicate some time to playing, I feel like I am being cheated. So many team games where just past 2 minutes in my team realizes something is up.

You are either really really unlucky or just tilted/salty. This isnt meant as an offense, but you really seem to be caring/informing yourself about possible cheats quite a lot, qhen in reality, sometimes losses esp. when you lose to a better player feel like you have been cheated, because it seems impossible to you that he had that much stuff, while he was just playing better. And i think the bad feeling from losing and all the possibilities to cheat you are reading about make you a bit paranoid maybe. I am not referring to this case btw.

Or as i said, you are just really unlucky and ran into the few cheaters that are actually active. Personally have been active quite a bit again in the past 2 months as well, and didn't play any cheater whatsoever.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Then we don't talk about out of sync after you've wasted a 30 minutes but even 40 or 50 and you're winning you find yourself just off the game screen with the message the game is out of sync
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

In addition to some players, they told me that people are selling hacks and I have heard episodes that those who didn't want to buy this person ruined their reputation on aoe3
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

scarm wrote:
HeadKilla wrote:Been active for about 2 months now and every time I dedicate some time to playing, I feel like I am being cheated. So many team games where just past 2 minutes in my team realizes something is up.

You are either really really unlucky or just tilted/salty. This isnt meant as an offense, but you really seem to be caring/informing yourself about possible cheats quite a lot, qhen in reality, sometimes losses esp. when you lose to a better player feel like you have been cheated, because it seems impossible to you that he had that much stuff, while he was just playing better. And i think the bad feeling from losing and all the possibilities to cheat you are reading about make you a bit paranoid maybe. I am not referring to this case btw.

Or as i said, you are just really unlucky and ran into the few cheaters that are actually active. Personally have been active quite a bit again in the past 2 months as well, and didn't play any cheater whatsoever.

You are right. I did say so many team games, but really it was probably only 5 or 6 of the 100 or so I played. So, I am over focused on this. Perhaps the timing of everything, but from my standpoint, the most active discussions are about cheats and hacks, so that is what I have been learning about. Along the way, I have learned that the map generator is probably the biggest "cheater" if them all.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Well its kinda a coincidence that that discussion is happening right now a lot.

You shouldn't view it like that. If anything getting good on the RE maps makes you more flexile when you can/will switch to EP, because you are used to having bad map/low ress map and can adapt way better. Really, treat it as a learning experience, even if it sometimes is uneven, it shouldn't really matter much at low level anyways. Stay positive and i a "i am learning and improving and thats what matters" kind of mindset. Don't get demotivated by this :) .

edit: Also if you wanna play some 1v1 on EP or sth hit me up when i am online. I also have some friends that are about your level so you could join us if we are doing teamgames or sth.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

alt d
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

HeadKilla wrote:
scarm wrote:

You are right. I did say so many team games, but really it was probably only 5 or 6 of the 100 or so I played. So, I am over focused on this. Perhaps the timing of everything, but from my standpoint, the most active discussions are about cheats and hacks, so that is what I have been learning about. Along the way, I have learned that the map generator is probably the biggest "cheater" if them all.

At serg level there are a lot players so much better than you. You are probably confusing cheats with smurfs (just as annoying) and trust me its not that hard to get double the score points of a lvl 15 serg very quickly.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Unfortunately, there hasn't been active support for this game since ~2015, so there's nothing you can do. The good news is the AoE3 Definitive Edition is being released soon, which will give Microsoft a chance to patch out the flaws in the system that make the kind of cheating you're describing possible.

In the meantime, play with people you know are legit and pest those who aren't. And take some comfort that the vast majority of people on ESO play honorably.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

willhaversham wrote:hi, i just played a game there but the guy was clearly cheating - had 61 pts at about 2.5 minute mark when i had about 30 odd. seemed to be some sort of double vill trick as i could see he probably had about 30-40 vills. how do i report this player please?
you can do nothing, except stop playing the game. :cry:
I stopped months ago.
The Smurfs and the cheats have ruined the fun for me.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.