How can I best destroy a German Semi-FF seed using the Russians

Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

How can I best destroy a German Semi-FF seed using the Russians

Post by Blastkiller »

Hi, I still have difficulty fighting a German ff seed. Now I did what Diarouga and other people had recommended, but this one beat me but it was great, I know there is a bit of difference and it was logical that I lost but in some moments I was in advantage and then immediately after hunting so many troops and abandonment because I could not do anything anymore, I posted a bo3 against this player and in this case that the tc kills with 1 stroke every type of unit what I can do, if I stay behind my bh waiting for the 3 age it destroys me but if I attack it it destroys me anyway
Attachments
[RE SP] Greatscythe11[GE] vs Blastkiller[RU] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(454.85 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 14 minutes
(428.7 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 11 minutes
(466.43 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 14 minutes
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Re: How can I best destroy a German Semi-FF seed using the Russians

Post by Astaroth »

I know people like to make fun of Greatscythe and his mechanics aren't great, but obviously his build is pretty strong, considering he only plays one map and has thousands of games to practice it. At least he got to pr 28 despite many people knowing his build and doing counters.

That said, I am unfortunately not a Russian player, so I can't help that much. Maybe the best strat would be early pressure into contain?

As in, 14v up, 5 coss first shipment, only make muskets, go in, harass and raid. He will then probably ship that German stronger TC card. Leave his base, but keep harassing his hunts and mine every few seconds, don't stay in too long, keep massing units at your 2 BH.

Once he reaches fortress age, go into his base 40 seconds later with all your army when his first shipment arrives. If it is 1k wood, only harass a bit, leave again, keep massing. Enter again when his 8 skirms arrive, kill them, leave again.

Meanwhile, mass a large amount of musk coss with maybe 23 strels (13 shipped). Then it comes down to micro.

But generally, it is probably a hard MU, especially on RE with stronger uhlans.

Most importantly, you have to be careful not to commit too much underneath his TC, otherwise the age2 uhlans, MM, a few trained dopps will destroy you.

I guess you should try to shoot at his hunting and mining vills without going underneath his TC.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Ppl don't make fun of him bc of that, 1 map 1 civ memesters are awesome.
People feel he's slighty whacky bc 9 out of 10 games end before 2 minutes if he doesn't get a 100% perfect start

@Blastkiller You have probably experienced it already, but he might come after you with an army composition consisting of every single German unit at some point. However, it's fairly late into Fortress age bc he puts a lot of effort into boasting his early defenses. The late nature of his push gives you enough time to prepare for it and if you need to, rather skip eco - he's going to resign if that one push he put everything into fails.

(Imo) In the end you wanna end up with lots of Musk and some cossacks to kill his cannons/skirms after you took out the dopps. Any other composition might fail bc of his lag.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I know, I have played him... (often no other games available).

I don't particularly like him, either, he never says GG and the constant rehost is a pain. But even with a perfect map, the strat is pretty decent for what it is. As in, not that easy to beat unless you are a much better player and/or outplay a lot and/or do a decent counterbuild.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I mean I wouldn't even say he's a legit pr28 simply because he pests you if you beat him twice in a row

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Astaroth wrote:I know people like to make fun of Greatscythe and his mechanics aren't great, but obviously his build is pretty strong, considering he only plays one map and has thousands of games to practice it. At least he got to pr 28 despite many people knowing his build and doing counters.

That said, I am unfortunately not a Russian player, so I can't help that much. Maybe the best strat would be early pressure into contain?

As in, 14v up, 5 coss first shipment, only make muskets, go in, harass and raid. He will then probably ship that German stronger TC card. Leave his base, but keep harassing his hunts and mine every few seconds, don't stay in too long, keep massing units at your 2 BH.

Once he reaches fortress age, go into his base 40 seconds later with all your army when his first shipment arrives. If it is 1k wood, only harass a bit, leave again, keep massing. Enter again when his 8 skirms arrive, kill them, leave again.

Meanwhile, mass a large amount of musk coss with maybe 23 strels (13 shipped). Then it comes down to micro.

But generally, it is probably a hard MU, especially on RE with stronger uhlans.

Most importantly, you have to be careful not to commit too much underneath his TC, otherwise the age2 uhlans, MM, a few trained dopps will destroy you.

I guess you should try to shoot at his hunting and mining vills without going underneath his TC.

if you look at one of the games I did it and I couldn't even get to age 3 and amass them
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Riotcoke wrote:I mean I wouldn't even say he's a legit pr28 simply because he pests you if you beat him twice in a row

do not worry that I have never beaten it and even in the past I have succeeded
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Astaroth wrote:I know, I have played him... (often no other games available).

I don't particularly like him, either, he never says GG and the constant rehost is a pain. But even with a perfect map, the strat is pretty decent for what it is. As in, not that easy to beat unless you are a much better player and/or outplay a lot and/or do a decent counterbuild.

in fact he made a rehost because he didn't have hunting but, in fact he didn't give it
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Why go Age3? I feel it is too risky.

I think you need to pressure his hunts and mines, not commit under his TC and mass at your 2 BHs.

Go like 5 coss, 700w, 700g and mass musk/coss, probably add 10 strel plus 13 strel shipment.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Riotcoke wrote:I mean I wouldn't even say he's a legit pr28 simply because he pests you if you beat him twice in a row

Also, lets be honest after several Thousands of Games on the same map with the same civ and mostly only playing good starts, PR 28 really isn't great, I'd except someone that specialized to be at least a bit higher than that.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

scarm wrote:

Also, lets be honest after several Thousands of Games on the same map with the same civ and mostly only playing good starts, PR 28 really isn't great, I'd except someone that specialized to be at least a bit higher than that.

Especially when he firstly kicks higher ranked players as well as anyone playing iro or Otto, so he plays the best civ on that map and restarts if he has anything by the best age 1

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Ofc he isn't a good player, I am just saying the strat isn't that easy to beat on this map with rehost etc.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Riotcoke wrote:Especially when he firstly kicks higher ranked players as well as anyone playing iro or Otto, so he plays the best civ on that map and restarts if he has anything by the best age 1

Pathetic
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

yeah hard to call somebody captain, who only plays under very specific conditions 24/7
Image Image
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

Astaroth wrote:Why go Age3? I feel it is too risky.

I think you need to pressure his hunts and mines, not commit under his TC and mass at your 2 BHs.

Go like 5 coss, 700w, 700g and mass musk/coss, probably add 10 strel plus 13 strel shipment.

it was all under his tc, both hunts and mines
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Moesbar civ
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

To contribute something other than "flaming" i just watched back a rec where i lost to him. I tried to Musk Huss as Otto, he went 2SW/3SW/700c FF with a tower and a TP in Transition. I think my Musk Huss contain would have worked fine, if i hadn't made stupid mistakes like losing 5 huss to 4 Uhlans + TC fire, and sieged houses or the tower with my jans instead of trying to shoot Greatcoated SW. Basically i would do what Astaroth said as Russia, Feign some early Pressure to make him overcommit to his usual turtle and stand on his hunts, while preparing for his age 3 units.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

jesus3 wrote:Ppl don't make fun of him bc of that, 1 map 1 civ memesters are awesome.
People feel he's slighty whacky bc 9 out of 10 games end before 2 minutes if he doesn't get a 100% perfect start

@Blastkiller You have probably experienced it already, but he might come after you with an army composition consisting of every single German unit at some point. However, it's fairly late into Fortress age bc he puts a lot of effort into boasting his early defenses. The late nature of his push gives you enough time to prepare for it and if you need to, rather skip eco - he's going to resign if that one push he put everything into fails.

(Imo) In the end you wanna end up with lots of Musk and some cossacks to kill his cannons/skirms after you took out the dopps. Any other composition might fail bc of his lag.

I'm pretty sure I lost a few games against him but then he just resigned before the one battle was even over. Weird guy, but he's like a benchmark for improving: if you aren't beating him then you're probably messing up something rather basic.
Great Britain ListlessSalmon
Skirmisher
ESO: ListlessSalmon

Post by ListlessSalmon »

Yeah he won't play me anymore after I killed all his cannons in his dragbox with my yabs (without him seeming to notice) twice in a row :sad:
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

Why do i feel that this Greatscythe11 is maybe Robertobarateon from gameranger who i used to play with? This guy as well only plays german and great plains map and he don't raid, at maximum he send 1 uhlan to scout ur base from time to time and always does a big mass age3 timing, if is against russia he does cannon, if france, he does some dopps, and lets be a bit reasonable it feels satisfying when u save about 4 shipments of 2 uhlans and make a timing with some extra 3 uhlans from age 3 shipments.
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Argentina RFijo
Crossbow
ESO: RFijo
GameRanger ID: 2007595

Post by RFijo »

nah Robertobarateon plays on High Plains version and does the merc bo every game
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

RFijo wrote:nah Robertobarateon plays on High Plains version and does the merc bo every game

Maybe now, cause about 6 months ago he always played great plains and semi ff with german and normally he dont send CM even vs russia
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Have you tried a surovov ff? Seems quite strong against any player who wants to play passive. When does he usually decide to right click your stuff?
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Sounds very very very bad vs Germany lol