POLL: Should you be able to kill enemy livestock?

Should you be able to kill enemy livestock?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 62

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: POLL: Should you be able to kill enemy livestock?

Post by Jaeger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
scarm wrote:In the newest iteration of EP7 Beta, Native Tps will give a trickle of 0,60xp/s per unique native alliance (i.e. 2 inca TPs will still only trickle 0,6, while one inca and one lakota tp will trickle 1,2)
RIP logic
Why is that a bad change?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ovi12 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
scarm wrote:In the newest iteration of EP7 Beta, Native Tps will give a trickle of 0,60xp/s per unique native alliance (i.e. 2 inca TPs will still only trickle 0,6, while one inca and one lakota tp will trickle 1,2)
RIP logic
Why is that a bad change?
1) Unfair : While TPs are placed so that both players can secure one, natives aren't.
2) It rewards agressive play. Just build native TPs and train natives to fight for the native control.
3) Some natives aren't even useless so this buff doesn't make sense. It's almost like adding an exp trickle to raxes and stables.

The obvious choice was to give that ability to the church or the arsenal but some people like to play god with the game.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The obvious choice is to pick the exp trickle and gently store it in the anus.
Image Image Image
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:2) It rewards agressive play. Just build native TPs and train natives to fight for the native control.
I'm okay with this.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:The obvious choice is to pick the exp trickle and gently store it in the anus.
That makes sense too.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Amsel_ wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:2) It rewards agressive play. Just build native TPs and train natives to fight for the native control.
I'm okay with this.
That's because you don't know the RE meta.

Honestly, the only guys who complain about the lack of agressive play in the EP are the ones who never played RE QS when the only way to play was 4/7/6/6 as Iro or 5/4/13 as Russia.

Now, at least, you have to adapt and make the right choice instead of sending military shipments like a bot.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I'am not sure we can compare the RE patch and the possible xp generator for native tp. Juste this bonus make no sense, if we want more native play, we need to buff them (maybe increase the limite of unit, maybe add some tech if it's possible).
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No, coz in principle military units can't kill resources in AOE3. Well, artillery sometimes kills trees. xD
But that's because of realism and area of damage stuff.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

You can kill livestock in any other AoE game which has them i think. However i imagine it was removed in AoE3 vanilla due to including a livestock and pen and being able to train livestock. The change would now affect the indians and japanese more than other civs
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Kaiserklein wrote:Let's please stop
I'm aware that it's never going to happen and was just trying to start an interesting conversation about livestock balance, so how about you chill out. Honestly, if this is all you had to contribute why did you bother posting at all?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Second person in this thread assuming that me typing literally 4 words means I should "chill" lol. You guys are weird.

Anyway, it's not like you stated in the OP "this is not a serious suggestion, just a thought experiment" or something, in which case I wouldn't have posted that. I assumed it was a serious suggestion for EP, because that's just what it looks like. Which is why I "bothered" posting these 4 words because I'm annoyed by all the nonsense suggestions we get 24/7 atm.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

If we are just discussing the idea, I suppose with a couple of changes to livestock, a few new strategies could emerge. If livestock were made to be more relevant and valuable, while also being vulnerable to raids, things could be shaken up. Every once in a while you see a livestock pen on the PRO level as it currently stands. Obviously the civs that use livestock regularly would need so much reworking, it makes this a hard idea to think about seriously.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Papist wrote:Edit: Using cows to body-block is stupid as well.
Ever played RE jap on mongolia? It's pretty hard to get in your base when you have a movable unkillable wall in front of your yumi/FA
Dolan wrote:No, coz in principle military units can't kill resources in AOE3. Well, artillery sometimes kills trees. xD
But that's because of realism and area of damage stuff.
area damage also kills herdables and huntables, not only trees
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

HeadKilla wrote:If we are just discussing the idea, I suppose with a couple of changes to livestock, a few new strategies could emerge. If livestock were made to be more relevant and valuable, while also being vulnerable to raids, things could be shaken up. Every once in a while you see a livestock pen on the PRO level as it currently stands. Obviously the civs that use livestock regularly would need so much reworking, it makes this a hard idea to think about seriously.
Making training livestock viable in normal sup would completely and utterly break the game, it really shouldn't be touched.
As it stands having maps where you can find herdables is good enough imo.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Yeah imo herdables shouldnt be touched and instead left as they are. Maybe some percentage points here or there but otherwise no major changes. IMO it makes sense that brit/china/iro have the herdable gathering card. Look at it the same way as schooners - some civs have this and some dont. It is already possible to develop some 3v3 (maybe even 2v2?) slinging strats with these civs and current state of herdables (would require map with herdables).
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Both artillery and grenadiers can kill livestock currently, when they targrt other units nearby. The immovable livestock wall is quite absurd, ive seen people use sheep to wall off trade route segments on maps like auracania or deccan. Fortunately, heavy cannon will solve the problem quite happily