playing on esoc patch

Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

playing on esoc patch

Post by don_artie »

Hey guys,

Me and my good friend Dennis (unrealdennis) are both bad captains on aoe3 and playing for a while (we used to play in 2008-2011 or so mostly, but now playing again). We play on the basic patch and I'm curious what rank you think we'd need to play on esoc. Because I think esoc games are usually higher ranked than ours, if we can't get into a game we would be better off playing normal. Cheers.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: playing on esoc patch

Post by Kawapasaka »

There are plenty of captains on EP (at the right time of day), but very few of them play much team.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Kawapasaka wrote:There are plenty of captains on EP (at the right time of day), but very few of them play much team.
To add to this skirmisher1380 is an upcoming captain, pretty decent, try to play against him. He is a good captain.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:There are plenty of captains on EP (at the right time of day), but very few of them play much team.
To add to this skirmisher1380 is an upcoming captain, pretty decent, try to play against him. He is a good captain.
Was a major for a bit there, then cometk the dirty counterpicker counterpicked me for 10 games in a row #japcountersbrit
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

don_artie wrote:Hey guys,

Me and my good friend Dennis (unrealdennis) are both bad captains on aoe3 and playing for a while (we used to play in 2008-2011 or so mostly, but now playing again). We play on the basic patch and I'm curious what rank you think we'd need to play on esoc. Because I think esoc games are usually higher ranked than ours, if we can't get into a game we would be better off playing normal. Cheers.
You do not need to be any rank to play on the ESOC patch. It is harder to find games at the lower levels on the patch, but I imagine you will have no problems, especially if you bring a friend or two along.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

HeadKilla wrote:
don_artie wrote:Hey guys,

You do not need to be any rank to play on the ESOC patch. It is harder to find games at the lower levels on the patch, but I imagine you will have no problems, especially if you bring a friend or two along.
I don't think thats true, I hardly see low rank lobby's with 'crc mismatch'. I prefer playing 3v3 and I don't think it's that easy with the lower player base on esoc
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Honestly if you're playing 3v3 you'll get some EP 3v3s if you just host one, normally Paul and the German lot will end up joining you

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

captian at lowest, but ESOC EP Captian prob = 1st lt on RE patch. Best to probably mainly play on RE, but when see games or can arrange games on EP then play on EP.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:captian at lowest, but ESOC EP Captian prob = 1st lt on RE patch. Best to probably mainly play on RE, but when see games or can arrange games on EP then play on EP.
How do you come to the decision that cpt = 1st Lt on RE . I'd say the complete opposite

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Riotcoke wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:captian at lowest, but ESOC EP Captian prob = 1st lt on RE patch. Best to probably mainly play on RE, but when see games or can arrange games on EP then play on EP.
How do you come to the decision that cpt = 1st Lt on RE . I'd say the complete opposite
Yea, pr earned on EP is the most accurate of all tbh. Much less bs that can boost your pr like on re (e.g. deccan games, ottoing in qs, etc.)
Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

amiggo1999 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Yea, pr earned on EP is the most accurate of all tbh. Much less bs that can boost your pr like on re (e.g. deccan games, ottoing in qs, etc.)
Ye RE you can just play Japan 24/7 and win because of hunts

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I feel that player levels on RE at the same PR vary greatly, Idk why. Even discounting "decayed" accounts.

There are some people who are 1st lts and seem to have good game plans, strong aggression, decent micro. But then there are others who can barely micro, seem to have no clue what's going on, just stay age2 xbow pike all game for no reason etc.

It's really peculiar.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

you're most likely just playing vs smurfs when you find the strong 1st lts. There are lots of smurfs out there. And better players play on ep.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Add me and we can play some games if you would like - I don't mind donating ELO to people as well (Im a bad 1st lt on EP so i guess that makes me a good 2nd LT).
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Warno wrote:Add me and we can play some games if you would like - I don't mind donating ELO to people as well (Im a bad 1st lt on EP so i guess that makes me a good 2nd LT).
But you beat Kaiser :)

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Kawapasaka wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Was a major for a bit there, then cometk the dirty counterpicker counterpicked me for 10 games in a row #japcountersbrit
You know calling someone captain is considered insulting right :hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:
Show hidden quotes
By whom :ohmy:
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Riotcoke wrote:
Warno wrote:Add me and we can play some games if you would like - I don't mind donating ELO to people as well (Im a bad 1st lt on EP so i guess that makes me a good 2nd LT).
But you beat Kaiser :)
:lol:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Good thing you're a 1st lt then.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV