Abus in melee

United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Abus in melee

Post by bittersalt123 »

Is there any scenario when you would put abus in melee?
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Abus in melee

Post by Hazza54321 »

what for :S
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, that's the last unit you'd ever want to melee. The only case where any RI unit might be put in melee is when there's an unprotected falc, but abus shit on falcs at range anyway. And they don't snare in melee either.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:No, that's the last unit you'd ever want to melee. The only case where any RI unit might be put in melee is when there's an unprotected falc, but abus shit on falcs at range anyway. And they don't snare in melee either.
Ye, because their Siege Attack bypasses the huge ranged resistance of Falconets (75% RR).
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

There has to be at least one scenario where adus melee would be of use.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

There really isn't. Even the most niche of niche melee situations--switching ranged infantry into melee in order to use siege attack instead of ranged attack vs warships--is only going to hurt you with Abus. If you're not fighting at range regardless of the situation with Abus then you're doing something wrong no matter what.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

For long range fisting purposes.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

there isnt simply becasue they deal siege dmg and therefore auto bypass the range resistance which is the only reason to put infantry in melee mode.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Meele abus taking down falconet with dodge micro.

Probably would never come up though, but it does mean the technical answer is yes.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

why even do that when u can just snipe it
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Hazza54321 wrote:why even do that when u can just snipe it
I was thinking of the scenario we had in the NWC where (tabben?) microed 1 meele jan to kill 1 falconet because no other units were nearby.

As good as abus are ... even 1 can not best falc in ranged mode.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

WickedCossack wrote:
I was thinking of the scenario we had in the NWC where (tabben?) microed 1 meele jan to kill 1 falconet because no other units were nearby.

thing is abus have a really shitty melee animation. probably couldnt even do that with them
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

abus have min range 2 (get meeleed easier than skirms). Aside from that it's very low damage so no point in kill falcs that way
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

WickedCossack wrote:Meele abus taking down falconet with dodge micro.

Probably would never come up though, but it does mean the technical answer is yes.
Technically you could just juke all of the cannon balls and kill it at range more quickly.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

WickedCossack wrote:

AFAIK the jan got stuck (bugged) on falc and he didn't move it manually.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Mitoe wrote:

Technically you could just juke all of the cannon balls and kill it at range more quickly.
I assumed in melee range it's far easier to dodge, otherwise infantry would be dodging falc shots all the time?

Probably easier to juke with one unit anyways, stops bouncing and splash. Though I'd think if you can do it ranged mode you could stagger mode 12 muskets and juke.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

somppukunkku wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:

AFAIK the jan got stuck (bugged) on falc and he didn't move it manually.
Ah I did wonder, was cool nonetheless.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

WickedCossack wrote:
Mitoe wrote:

I assumed in melee range it's far easier to dodge, otherwise infantry would be dodging falc shots all the time?

Probably easier to juke with one unit anyways, stops bouncing and splash. Though I'd think if you can do it ranged mode you could stagger mode 12 muskets and juke.
It's possible to juke with infantry but only if you do it in a way that the cannonballs land in front of your army rather than within a different part of it. People do it all the time by accident. It's definitely much easier with 1-2 units--sometimes I have fun seeing how many times I can dodge the agra fort with a converted treasure guardian before I mess up haha; it's not that hard once you get the rhythm of the ROF down. It can be more difficult/impossible vs a falc if the opponent turns on his brain and starts staggering his shots with a longer ROF than normal.

I don't think you can do it effectively with any large group of infantry, stagger mode or no, just because it's too difficult to avoid the splash damage without always having to juke out of range. Plus stagger mode is so garbage anyway.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Dodging cannon balls is easier with vsync on, I tested it.
Splash damage (from falcs at least) seems to be cone shaped and not quite a circle. So if you move side way and toward the falconet it's not hard to dodge part of the damage output. However, it's quite hard to dodge any damage entirely.
Also moving sideways kinda confuses the falcs which have to "lock on" in the same way warships do. However falcs do that quickier so you either have a very fast moving unit or you move the closest possible to the falc.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:Dodging cannon balls is easier with vsync on, I tested it.
Splash damage (from falcs at least) seems to be cone shaped and not quite a circle. So if you move side way and toward the falconet it's not hard to dodge part of the damage output. However, it's quite hard to dodge any damage entirely.
Also moving sideways kinda confusing the falcs which has to "lock on" in the same way warships do. However falcs do that quickier so you either have a very fast moving unit or you move the closest possible to the falc.
It is normally quite hard to dodge without taking any damage entirely. However, units that use cannonballs as projectiles will always aim for where the unit WILL be, rather than where the unit is. So as long as you are moving, and juke at the right moment in the opposite direction, you can dodge 100% of the damage pretty easily as you will create more distance between the cannonball and the unit than if you are standing stationary and trying to juke from that position.