Mirror russia

Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Mirror russia

Post by Blastkiller »

hi, until now I have rarely won the mirror russia, I don't know how to play it, does anyone have any advice and a deck for mirror russia?
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Mirror russia

Post by dansil92 »

Open stable, ship 5 & 4 cossacks and train 10 and hit his strelet cossacks. Go for team scout cav in discovery for the cheese factor. Raid with 19 cossacks at 7 minutes like a real russian! Throw boyars on there too for some oomph. Force them into ruskets and ship 13 strel. Gg ez

On a serious note cav open in mirror with russia tend to be exceptionally effective. As your opponent has no vill shipments raiding is very effective and ruskets are quite poor and sub-optimal for an opponent to make. There are many ways of playing mirror and ive even seen a strong case for grenadiers (what with ep beta meaning grens take no bonus damage from strel and 50 rr, plus breaking blockhouse fb).

Russian mirror snowballs very quickly as well so be always pressuring vills to stop an opponent getting res for a full batch
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

wow is completely the opposite of what I did thanks for the advice, if I knew before I would have won many 1v1 mirrors
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

I saw that some players in the deck he had put 700f, do you think it is necessary?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Nah don't open cav. He will get mapcontrol for free with a blockhouse in middle map, and when he scouts your stable he'll just go musks, and add his own stable. Then you're left with no mapcontrol, and an inferior unit composition. He can even rush you if you stable start, or timing push you.

The standard way to play it is to just go blockhouse in the middle of the map, and since opponent does that as well, it becomes a very aggressive match up where both players send their unit shipments and try to win the fb war.

Also yeah 700f is good as russia.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

700 food helps get batches out better. Its a good card for russia just because a batch of vills is 270 food and strelets have a high food cost also. It prevents you from idling your tc early, so its definitely worth having. The best way to win a mirror is trying to never make musks imo
Im not the best player ever but russian mirrors are a favourite of mine- cav opens work very well in my experience.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Musks are nice early on because they're just easier to mass, and synergize well with coss shipments. A bit later on you definitely want to go heavier on coss, and have a mix of strels and musks.

Cav opening probably worked well because your opponents didn't scout the stable and adapt accordingly, or maybe they suicided their shit vs cav + mm under your tc, or lost vils to raids. There's just no way it works otherwise.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Cav start has never worked for me, he just has musk coss early anyway
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

thanks for the advice now i'm better how to play it, last thing i saw some game mirror russia that as first card put distributivism, should i use it in the mirrors?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Blastkiller wrote:thanks for the advice now i'm better how to play it, last thing i saw some game mirror russia that as first card put distributivism, should i use it in the mirrors?
Yes.

There's a great database of recorded games from tournament matches here on ESOC where you can sift by match up and PR. Watch some Russian mirrors if you're curious.

Link: recorded-games?pr=30&p1civ=Russia&p2civ=Russia
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

deleted_user wrote:
Blastkiller wrote:thanks for the advice now i'm better how to play it, last thing i saw some game mirror russia that as first card put distributivism, should i use it in the mirrors?
Yes.

There's a great database of recorded games from tournament matches here on ESOC where you can sift by match up and PR. Watch some Russian mirrors if you're curious.

Link: recorded-games?pr=30&p1civ=Russia&p2civ=Russia
I will do it
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

You should pretty much always ship distributivism first card as russia @Blastkiller
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

ty for the council kaiser