What mouse dpi/sensitivty do you use?

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: What mouse dpi/sensitivty do you use?

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:Go troll somewhere else plz?!
You come here, act like your knowledge >>> other ppls preferences and then when someone doesn't want to agree tell ppl to go off? Pls stop being toxic. This is not politics, no need to be so arrogant.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:
aaryngend wrote:Go troll somewhere else plz?!
You come here, act like your knowledge >>> other ppls preferences and then when someone doesn't want to agree tell ppl to go off? Pls stop being toxic. This is not politics, no need to be so arrogant.
Riotcoke said things which are just completely wrong, there is nothing arrogant about refuting arguments.
I know that the choice of your DPI is preference, and there is no "right" or "wrong" opinion. This is why I fully understand Garja, he was just wrong about one part, which is that it would take a bigger swipe to move the mouse cursor across the screen with 2000 DPI. Use your mouse and test it for yourself, you will see that my results are correct. Garja corrected himself and clarified what he meant, I would be surprised if he kept insisting on his thesis.
Maybe I don't have enough experience with the fingertip grip, it seems to really limit your movement.
These guys look to have around 800 DPI. They are so efficient that they don't move their mouse a lot. I'm a noob compared to that so I naturally move around much more :chinese:

France captainpouple
Crossbow
ESO: bilbo_the_rabbit

Post by captainpouple »

Isn't the mouse weight important when talking about dpi ?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

captainpouple wrote:Isn't the mouse weight important when talking about dpi ?
Nah mouse weight is for your comfort.....
:nwc:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Moreover mouse dpi works best with mousepad.... without it u will have some loss in dpi or will he a bit slow ,basically not as smooth when using mousepad.
:nwc:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Inno plays with 800 dpi. Idk about Flash.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Am I missing something? Isn't 400 or 800 dpi super low and slow? Or are they not on the middle windows setting? (For everyone in this topic using that dpi)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Of course 400/800 dpi seems slow when youre used to 2100-2200 xD
But anyways, I think there are no perfect settings everyone should copy. Its all about preference and what youre used to. The worst thing you could do is changing your sensitivity every day, consistency is key.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

aaryngend wrote: These guys look to have around 800 DPI. They are so efficient that they don't move their mouse a lot. I'm a noob compared to that so I naturally move around much more :chinese:
Well they are not the exact definition of efficient. They do move the mouse a lot in fact. If that works for them can't really argue. The only thing is that it doesn't seem very healty grip, especially Flash with that palm grip and curve wrist causes pain just watching it.
Image Image Image
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Of course 400/800 dpi seems slow when youre used to 2100-2200 xD
But anyways, I think there are no perfect settings everyone should copy. Its all about preference and what youre used to. The worst thing you could do is changing your sensitivity every day, consistency is key.
But what I'm asking is: is the mouse speed actually that different or is it just the combination of settings different but actual speeds similar?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@Riotcoke stop spreading misinformation, there is no advantage to high dpi low in game sense vs anything else.

Low dpi does allow you to be more accurate in your mouse movement, but its more important about what each person is comfortable with. Woxic, who's a top 5 awper in csgo, plays at like 2400 dpi, while the average pro plays in the 600-1000 range. Obviously if you're playing in the 5000s( @EAGLEMUT :hmm:) or at like 50( can mouse even go that low?) you aren't gonna be playing optimally, but most other senses more towards the middle are probably fine. I still think low dpi is better, and a quick google search seemed to say that most sc2 pros play on 800ish.

I personally play on 800, although I have a 1440p monitor so I'd play on less if it was 1080p.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Your mouse is still more accurate as it's polling more information, i don't understand how that's hard to understand.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Riotcoke wrote:Your mouse is still more accurate as it's polling more information, i don't understand how that's hard to understand.
it doesn’t poll more information at a higher dpi, at least my mouse doesn’t, it’s static, complete independent of the dpi
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

It does though, if you have 400 dpi it means that per inch the position of the mouse is projected to your pc, with 4000 dpi within that same inch it's sending 10x the information of the position of the mouse. It's like how if you have a 60hz monitor and cap a game at 60fps you'll get a visual display on your monitor as compared to the game running at 300 fps.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Thats literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and is actually irrelevant. As long as the polling rate is static at 500 or 1000 your accuracy, in terms of the information sent to your pc, is going to be the same regardless of dpi.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

I really do not understand how you don't understand that taking more measurements over the same distance increases accuracy it's incredibly simple.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Because you're just wrong. 400 dpi means that if you move your mouse 1 inch, it will have moved 400 pixels. Lets say you move your mouse 1 inch in half a second. Your mouse polling rate is probably set to 1000( at least mine is). This means that my mouse has send information to my computer 500 times over those 400 pixels, once once every .8 pixels. Now lets say you're on 4000 dpi. To move your mouse the same 400 pixels you only have to more your mouse .1 of an inch. You only have to move your mouse 1/10th of the distance had to with 400 dpi, so if you move your mouse at an approximate constant speed will take 1/10th of the time. So you've now moved 400 pixels in 1/20th of a second. so now your mouse has reported to your computer 50 times over 400 dpi, or once every 4 pixels. Its really just common sense. If you have a car moving at 10 miles per hour sending its gps coordinates somewhere every 10 seconds youre going to have a better idea of where it is vs a car moving at 100 miles an hour sending its coordinates every 10 seconds. Ultimately though, it doesn't matter, because either way a mouse that has a 1000 polling rate is more accurate than anyone needs it to be regardless of dpi, which is why discussions like this generally dont happen. Although it actually could be why the vast majority of esports plos have a dpi of 1000 or below and a higher in game sense.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Riotcoke wrote:I really do not understand how you don't understand that taking more measurements over the same distance increases accuracy it's incredibly simple.
The "more measurements" is the polling rate, dpi is merely the ratio between pixels and inch. Also the difference between 500 and 1k polling rate is neglectable.
Image Image Image
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I play with 1000 DPI on normal 6/11 pointer speed. I sometimes find it a bit slow for small movements when fighting at tc but I generally find 1600DPI (the other option on my mouse) too fast.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Of course 400/800 dpi seems slow when youre used to 2100-2200 xD
But what I'm asking is: is the mouse speed actually that different or is it just the combination of settings different but actual speeds similar?
Well, just go in your mouse settings and change it to 400 or 800 dpi, it will feel much slower than 2100.

But yeah, the combination of DPI settings with your windows mouse settings matters too. So if you have 2/11 in windows and 2100 dpi it will feel slower than 9/11 and 400 dpi for example.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I use whatever Garja's using.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:
Well, just go in your mouse settings and change it to 400 or 800 dpi, it will feel much slower than 2100.

But yeah, the combination of DPI settings with your windows mouse settings matters too. So if you have 2/11 in windows and 2100 dpi it will feel slower than 9/11 and 400 dpi for example.
Exactly, so are you people saying that you and/or this fps people use 6/11 and 400dpi on a standard 1980x1080? That would feel extremely slow
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I’m 1800 but it’s whatever makes you comfortable. Ideally you can move the whole screen without lifting your hand which is basically the opposite of the FPS approach.

You should turn pointer precision off because your mouse movement is not repeatable with it on. It’s pretty easy to adjust and it’s necessary if you want to have any micro :)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Exactly, so are you people saying that you and/or this fps people use 6/11 and 400dpi on a standard 1980x1080? That would feel extremely slow
Well 400 is a little low. Most of their eDpi (dpi x in game sense) is gonna be closer to 800-1000.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Also @Riotcoke if you watch the very video you told me to watch about mouses, he specifically says that dpi has nothing to do with performance, so by your very own video you are wrong.