Worst matchup in the game

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: Worst matchup in the game

Post by princeofkabul »

somppukunkku - princeofkabul
incredible hard matchup for somppukunkku. usually ends up with cursing of developers of aoe 3 for stupidity, balance issues or sometimes made up imaginary stuff. or that the civ is trash if it's not india.
press f for somppu
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

f
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

homo :D
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Prince and Somppu cast when?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I always thought Dutch vs Spain was incredibly hard. If you play it really aggressively as spain, you can sort of strangle the Dutch player. Yes, you shouldn't make 5 banks as Dutch. But I went down to 3 and sometimes 2 banks and would still not hold the spanish timings. I actually feel like Spain can throw out a number of rather specific curveballs. On their own Dutch can sort of handle them, but then when they do respond properly they can't really handle the next move. Eventually Dutch ends up checkmate.

I think spain should do a 700g 700w 8 pikes FF. Yes, it might sound a bit all in, but the 8 pikes are actually really useful. In transition you make a few musks too and you age up with 4 hussars. You get this little army of musks, huss and pikes before Dutch reasonably has stuff. The pikes are strong enough to actually start damaging buildings quite significantly. Dutch definitely can hold this off by adding a few skirms and not going greedy. But that's the trick, you want to force them to add skirms. The generic approach for Dutch is to go mass Ruyter to try to snipe falcs. If they don't get a barracks at all, your initial push will start doing damage (this should hit before Dutch has aged, so he won't have ruyters out yet). I think there might be a window where you just ship 12 pikes instead of falcs and destroy the banks - this would need testing, I think there's even a chance you can just get the TC. So you basically force the Dutch player into adding skirms, but when that happens I don't think the Dutch player can stop the falcs in time. After all, you'll be adding skirms into the mix and his ruyters will be too late to ever reach a critical mass. Meanwhile you are pressuring the Dutch player constantly, forcing him to garrison and killing buildings. Imagine we are talking about RE too: Dutch is much slower and he'll probably be running out of hunts by now.

Now even if a miracle happens and you don't win the game right there, I think you will be ahead with this build. But it turns out that Dutch struggles pretty badly vs Spains late fortress army composition too. Skirm rod lancer is pretty great against Dutch. One other problem is that while this build is imo the best, the Dutch player has to take other builds into account too. Skipping banks leaves you weak to more economical FF's (like a 5v variant) and even weaker to Spanish gold. But accounting for those builds means you automatically lose when they actually go for a bunch of pikes or do the halb strat (Dutch is just too slow to stop this stuff if it surprises them). It's a pretty bad match up at least. Don't know if it's the worst in the game though.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Portugal vs the infamous Japan
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm: