Russia on Siberia

Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Russia on Siberia

Post by Blastkiller »

I'm noticing many times that by now siberia in Russia fails to rushare properly for the defensive tower, especially against civil defending themselves quite well for Russia becomes a torture and a civ win for the enemy, there is some way to play it on this map? if I do 17 villi it could be a solution?
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Russia on Siberia

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You have to fight for the TP line.
If you get the full TP line you win in most MUs
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea just forward bh on the tp side and take the tp line. Not many civs are gonna be able to contest it.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Don't be fooled - Russia is more than a rush civ. They scale quite well because of faster training villager batches and extremely cost efficient units. Boyars + combat strelets are the best supremacy skirm in the game. Stagecoach allows you to get the upgrades and pop space russia needs in age 3.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Also cossacks are stupidly upgradeable & 1 pop, strelets are extremely massable and trade well with almost every single infantry unit (i believe macehualtin is a notable exception), their cav archers are incredibly tanky, they get the two falconet shipment and *4* heavy cannon, an extremely potent vill raiding cav that excels at helping control tps with its high siege for a good cost, alongside some exceptional military, eco, and upgrade cards. Russia was, up until recently, extremely underrated. They dont have a "bad" age apart from a slight vulnerability to strong (read: carded) cavalry in colonial or vs extremely long range goons that can outrange the strelets
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

MFW Russia is one of the best RE NR civs and no one even goes age 3 with them.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

should i do atp and play it in 2? or can I also go to 3 age fast?
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Blastkiller wrote:should i do atp and play it in 2? or can I also go to 3 age fast?
Trickle/5coss/700w does the job.
TP from 400w and 2 more+stagecoach from 700w.

You can go age3 in some MUs.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Blastkiller wrote:should i do atp and play it in 2? or can I also go to 3 age fast?

Is ATP viable on 5 tp maps? I had success with it one game as Russia vs Chatiment's Sioux, but not sure it's optimal. If you already can't send vills, it doesn't seem so bad...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

deleted_user wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Is ATP viable on 5 tp maps? I had success with it one game as Russia vs Chatiment's Sioux, but not sure it's optimal. If you already can't send vills, it doesn't seem so bad...
From my experience it doesn't work well because map control is too important.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Siberia is my favorite RE map and Russia is pretty much my only civ. I find it nice to put BH on the edge of the mid section that you cannot build on but off to the west where the TP line is. It is pretty easy to get the mid and closer TP. If quick enough, I try to get a BH and stable up by the furthest TP. You can usually build on the the west of the map but on their side to help keep that line and lock them off hunts. In team games, it is really easy to wall yourself on this map. This is a map where I like to send 2 villagers to 2 different hunts during transition or herding either towards my TC or the TP line that I am going to be putting BH's near. Also, in some teams games wood gets hard to collect and that little forest that is always to the left of your TC can be important. If I am able to get my FB in position, it can be awkward for the opponent to collect wood.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Siberia should be a strong map for russia, both france and germany shouldnt have a chance. just make sure to play defensive, and if necessary burn your own tc and retreat.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Getting the tp line isn't free though. You don't have to "contest" the tp line to "punish" russia taking it. For instance, your standard semi ff civ reaching age 3 without taking much damage and then breaking your fb/tps in early fortress.
Not saying you shouldn't take the tp line though, it's an option in some match ups. It's just not a great map for russia anyway.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Yea not a great Russian map but taking the TP map is the only option.