Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: Warno

15 Nov 2019, 02:59

Damn - have been waiting for this game for a long time.
Was really hope it would follow the timeline from 1800s-1950.

Oh well, I guess once some of you noobs leave AOE3 it will give me a chance to move up the ladder.
Romania Dolan
Jaeger

15 Nov 2019, 03:09

You heard it here, bitchess: AOE3 becoming an indie game, developed underground.
ok.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

15 Nov 2019, 03:15

fightinfrenchman wrote:@RefluxSemantic Why is historical accuracy supposed to be considered good?

You know, come to think of it, I don't remember learning about the Knights of Malta hunting down the illuminati in Florida to stop them from finding the Fountain of Youth--which was going to be used for horrific things such as... :hmm:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

15 Nov 2019, 03:16

Amsel_ wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:@RefluxSemantic Why is historical accuracy supposed to be considered good?

You know, come to think of it, I don't remember learning about the Knights of Malta hunting down the illuminati in Florida to stop them from finding the Fountain of Youth--which was going to be used for horrific things such as... :hmm:

Wildwood
The doctor says it makes me stronger than your average Joe
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

15 Nov 2019, 03:24

Garja wrote:
breeze wrote:
Garja wrote:for real or bs?

I hope AOE4 will have a system to prevent droptricking

I hope it will have an IQ test to access online multiplayer.

But i wanted to see you play Aoe 4 :(
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

15 Nov 2019, 03:54

Method_man714 wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Romania Dolan
Jaeger

15 Nov 2019, 04:11

Method_man714 wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Sick burn, bro.
ok.
Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

15 Nov 2019, 04:32

It looks decent tbh. But from the side a bit too cartoonish. From above that last shot was fine. Because that will be the angle.
Germany duckzilla
Dragoon

15 Nov 2019, 07:18

RefluxSemantic wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wldt-DCsU2I

So they basically chose the medieval era for all the right reasons. Also, he alludes to civilizations being much more unique in aoe4, similar to aoe3. That's great news for us aoe3 fans. Also, the big focus on historical accuracy is something that I think many people will be excited to hear.

He also says that the time period is "slightly larger" than in aoe2 and goes until the end of the renaissance (~1500/1550?).
"To counter the pike-boom, you must become the pike-boom." - Karl V. (HRE)
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

15 Nov 2019, 07:58

It looks like aoe:o.

Honestly, the aoe3 graphics are much better.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

15 Nov 2019, 07:58

RefluxSemantic wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wldt-DCsU2I

So they basically chose the medieval era for all the right reasons. Also, he alludes to civilizations being much more unique in aoe4, similar to aoe3. That's great news for us aoe3 fans. Also, the big focus on historical accuracy is something that I think many people will be excited to hear.

This interview is reassuring a little. It's great to hear him talk about civ diversity, I really value this in an RTS.
Greece BrookG
Tournament Admin
ESO: BrookG

15 Nov 2019, 08:05

It's still very early to say much. The trailer is on a pre-alpha stage which means there is still loads of work to be done. On a second more considerate thought, the colours are the main drawback them being too bright and less realistic. The graphics are decent.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Serbia breeze
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Sir_Musket

15 Nov 2019, 08:07

Based on the trailer, this is defenitely what is going to happen

Diarouga will start grinding all civs

Kynesie will spam brits and turtle everygame

Somppu will start abusing mongolian rush strats

Ah btw as bonus : Kaiser will cry about how broken stuffs mongolia has
bwinner wrote:I was happy when breeze posted a rec where he beat me once, which means he believes I am good.
Greece BrookG
Tournament Admin
ESO: BrookG

15 Nov 2019, 08:16

Something that went off radar was the physics. Look at how the walls are fall down at the trailer, the gate-tower on the right and the outpost on the left
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
ESO: Mongobillione

15 Nov 2019, 08:27

i liked it
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP https://imgur.com/a/xYHZCpe
Germany Prophet
Crossbow
ESO: Prophet_

15 Nov 2019, 08:40

The graphics look good it's colorful but far from the cartoon look of aoe online.
Germany duckzilla
Dragoon

15 Nov 2019, 09:20

One more thing, the trailer showed a hilly terrain unknown to aoe games up to now. I could imagine that terrain will play a more significant role, maybe reducing LOS if something is behind the peak of a hill closeby.

edit: on this screenshot (https://i.imgur.com/88i8SlX.jpg) you can see mongolian buildings (mostly tents) and some wagons. Could be that they are a mobile civ (at least for a part of the game).

edit2: given that aoe3 already saw mobile barracks in the form of daimyos, I could imagine that the mongols get mobile military buildings (to on a "campaign").
No Flag Djigit
Lancer

15 Nov 2019, 09:45

Age of Empires IV Announce Trailer's transcript (2 years ago)
Time changes everyone, and everything.
Empires will rise.
Kingdoms will fall.
The grounds of battle become stained with fire and blood.
But our thirst for adventure
Exploration.
Discovery.
And conquest will stand the test of time.
Together.
We have all battled through history.
Now a new age is upon us.

Age of Empires IV - X019 - Gameplay Reveal
Holy See jesus3
Howdah

15 Nov 2019, 10:02

Told you it's not going to reveal any actual gameplay :flowers:

However, I like the visuals and am a little disappointed about the era (which does make sense though from the point of the developers)
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

15 Nov 2019, 10:25

To me it looks more like a game of the Settlers franchise and not like a continuation of aoe3.

Still looking forward to it, having similarities to aoe2 means the best chances for a large playerbase, which is super important
Georgia Qosashvili93
Musketeer
ESO: Qosashvili93

15 Nov 2019, 10:33

We everyone like aoe3 but most of us know that aoe3 is shit game with 2848383 lame thing

Hope game will release soon, or atleast not 3738 year later
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
ESO: Mongobillione

15 Nov 2019, 10:41

2848384* l2count
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP https://imgur.com/a/xYHZCpe
Germany duckzilla
Dragoon

15 Nov 2019, 10:44

There are also a lot of lame things in aoe2 which people just learned to cope with. Building a TC in your opponents base is one of them. People here start to cry bc minutemen don't have a reduced multiplier against villagers and they lose their forward blockhouse...

I mean... progaming in aoe2 is pretty much constant abuse of any mechanic available... but here we discuss at length whether "reviving" explorers with alt+d can be tolerated...

lol, just think of the 20 year old bug that fishing boats were not able to gather fish at the corner of the map...
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTNWC LAN SilverDonator 01

15 Nov 2019, 10:46

Jerimuno wrote:To me it looks more like a game of the Settlers franchise and not like a continuation of aoe3.

Still looking forward to it, having similarities to aoe2 means the best chances for a large playerbase, which is super important

ye thats i was thinking why it looked so familiar. It really does look like settler graphics, but better. Not to excited about the new graphical look, could be worse tho and it really doesnt resemble aoeo at all.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Lancer

15 Nov 2019, 11:16

This is the trailer with lower saturation. I do think it looks much better. People with some doubts about the graphics will probably like this more.

Forum Info

Return to “General”