Who is going to stay on AOE3 and not go to AOE4?

Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Who is going to stay on AOE3 and not go to AOE4?

Post by Cocaine »

So.. I just saw the trailer 4 minutes ago.. I am somewhat mixed feelings about the graphics and the era.. I wanted WW2. That being said who here shares my thoughts? I think ima just stay on aoe3 for life now.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: Who is going to stay on AOE3 and not go to AOE4?

Post by dicktator_ »

Unless someone was really hoping for not medieval era the trailer should not have turned anyone off of aoe4.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm staying on AoE 3. I'm still on the fence about AoE 3 definitive edition, I'm worried they may take away certain features
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I am def going to a game that is monitored, being aoe4. I would like to stay on aoe3, but as far as I can judge, it's pretty ruined. Stopped playing it for age3s ago
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

How could we know which game we're gonna play when the only information we have is a 1 min trailer with zero gameplay
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Kaiserklein wrote:How could we know which game we're gonna play when the only information we have is a 1 min trailer with zero gameplay
and the only info you have is FAKE ;)
This is not it Kaiser, it will be much, much bigger, if it ever launches :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Are you still seriously thinking it's fake?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I doubt it’s coming out until 2021 anyways so for most people the question is are you going to be play RTS until then?
mad cuz bad
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

n0el wrote:I doubt it’s coming out until 2021 anyways so for most people the question is are you going to be play RTS until then?
To be honest, it looks more finished than I expected. It might not be true gameplay footage, but from what we saw they did clearly finish the engine and a bunch of textures. I don't really know how game development goes usually, but they're not at the very beginning stages anymore.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Kaiserklein wrote:How could we know which game we're gonna play when the only information we have is a 1 min trailer with zero gameplay
It's a zero minute trailer because it's fake
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:Are you still seriously thinking it's fake?
Sheeple believing the fake aoe4 trailer. Sad!
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

How do i know? AoE4 isn't out yet.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

AoE 2 DE is out today, so no new age game will release atleast for next 6 months, I also want to assume that AoE 3 DE will release first, so yeah I would assume 2 most likely dates will be Nov/Dec 2020 or Nov/Dec 2021
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

To answer the question, that simple, i buy aoe4 and if i like i stay on it, and i supose like the most majority of peaple.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
n0el wrote:I doubt it’s coming out until 2021 anyways so for most people the question is are you going to be play RTS until then?
To be honest, it looks more finished than I expected. It might not be true gameplay footage, but from what we saw they did clearly finish the engine and a bunch of textures. I don't really know how game development goes usually, but they're not at the very beginning stages anymore.
trailer says pre-alpha gameplay
Image Image Image
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

How can you stay in aoe 3 when the playerbase will shrink even more? I will try aoe 3 De and Aoe 4
If these games will be shit im done for with the franchise.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

I definitely keep playing AoE3, especially now that AoE3:DE is coming. But, I'll try out AoE4 for sure. In case I like it and it becomes a popular game, I'll probably be playing 2 games.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I think for aoe4 we’re on track for a full gameplay reveal and perhaps a playable demo around gamescom/XO20 and release around mid-late 2021. I hope aoe3 de will come relatively soon to keep us tided over.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofkabul wrote:How can you stay in aoe 3 when the playerbase will shrink even more? I will try aoe 3 De and Aoe 4
If these games will be shit im done for with the franchise.
Yeah same
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

dicktator_ wrote:I think for aoe4 we’re on track for a full gameplay reveal and perhaps a playable demo around gamescom/XO20 and release around mid-late 2021. I hope aoe3 de will come relatively soon to keep us tided over.
I'm praying for a late 2020 release, but tbh they should not rush it. Rushing a game is never a wise choice. But maybe beta somewhere in 2020? a man can dream.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:I think for aoe4 we’re on track for a full gameplay reveal and perhaps a playable demo around gamescom/XO20 and release around mid-late 2021. I hope aoe3 de will come relatively soon to keep us tided over.
I'm praying for a late 2020 release, but tbh they should not rush it. Rushing a game is never a wise choice. But maybe beta somewhere in 2020? a man can dream.
Yeah, if they release the game too early and because of that the game is bad, they have already lost a big group of potential players. Players that would have stayed, if the game was good.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I'll check AOE3-DE out for sure, but I don't hold out much hope for it fixing AOE3's biggest problem, which is other people's shit internet.
But if they do make some nice improvements, I might buy it just coz I'd like to occasionally play the updated version.

I don't think I'll get into AOE4. The medieval theme is too big of a turn-off for me. I mean, how great should gameplay be to make up for the boring AOE2 rehashed theme? It would have to be some pretty amazing gameplay to compensate for that. And I still think I wouldn't play it, since it's going to be only melee units and catapulting shit. The lack of gunpowder units, musks, skirms, canons makes it just too boring for me. All this spear throwing, sword thrusting can get a bit too stale after a while. It's clearly a game made for the bigger AOE2 audience. It's not made for the AOE3 fanbase, we don't have anything similar to AOE3 on the market, the game is just so unique.

If both AOE3-DE and AOE4 will be bad, then I'll be done with this franchise.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Dolan wrote:I'll check AOE3-DE out for sure, but I don't hold out much hope for it fixing AOE3's biggest problem, which is other people's shit internet.
But if they do make some nice improvements, I might buy it just coz I'd like to occasionally play the updated version.

I don't think I'll get into AOE4. The medieval theme is too big of a turn-off for me. I mean, how great should gameplay be to make up for the boring AOE2 rehashed theme? It would have to be some pretty amazing gameplay to compensate for that. And I still think I wouldn't play it, since it's going to be only melee units and catapulting shit. The lack of gunpowder units, musks, skirms, canons makes it just too boring for me. All this spear throwing, sword thrusting can get a bit too stale after a while. It's clearly a game made for the bigger AOE2 audience. It's not made for the AOE3 fanbase, we don't have anything similar to AOE3 on the market, the game is just so unique.

If both AOE3-DE and AOE4 will be bad, then I'll be done with this franchise.
They have gunpowder units and cannons in aoe2
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Dolan wrote:I'll check AOE3-DE out for sure, but I don't hold out much hope for it fixing AOE3's biggest problem, which is other people's shit internet.
Isn't aoe2DE already server based currently? You're a big pessimist you know, and it's often not even reasonable. Be happy that RTS games get any attention, because a few years ago everyone was sure this genre was dead.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

thomasgreen6 wrote:They have gunpowder units and cannons in aoe2
Yeah but they don't have the awesome micro that skirms and musks have. It's awkward stuff like hand canoneers and genitours, which throw a projectile or grenade, rather than shooting it.
RefluxSemantic wrote:
Isn't aoe2DE already server based currently? You're a big pessimist you know, and it's often not even reasonable. Be happy that RTS games get any attention, because a few years ago everyone was sure this genre was dead.
I think I'm a realist, knowing how Microsoft blew every opportunity to make a new great Age game. It's a corporate logistics company, they just have no idea on how to create cool games. They hire another company to do it for them, but it's the Microsoft management that decides what the game will be about beforehand. And they decided based on commercial factors, because those people who call the shots at Microsoft are not in charge of a creative studio, they're in charge of management. They don't think like a creative director from Blizzard or Riot. They think like a Microsoft corporate bot.