disapontment post

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: disapontment post

Post by chronique »

How many time i have left a twitch chat becouse peaple of trash-talking? And this problem is absolutly not cultural, bwinner is probably right, some peaple are highly influenced by other and specificaly on chat. Moreover, from what i have observed, it's always the same ones who take, sometime, from an extorior eyes, this looks like harrassement. And it's not becouse some peaple have bad maner that we must act like them.

So please, no more excuse.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Easy summary: Don't project your cultural habits and expectations on other reference spaces. Purposely being rude to others is not excusable with one's cultural background, providing the context can give insight but doesn't give you a free pass. Continuing with it after people have already told you it hurts them is disrespectful.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I don't get it why people take anything written on the internet seriously. It might as well be just a simulation with bots.
Anonimity makes people disinhibited, so they act out on stuff they wouldn't do much irl. Cracking jokes and banter are part of what makes anonimity online fun.

People cracking jokes with you or about you either know you very well irl, so they can afford to do that, or they don't know you at all, so why would you care about what people who don't know you at all say? It's just words on the screen, just close the tab -- bam -- the source of annoyance is gone. Or respond in kind, if you care that much.
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

As a Brit, some of the stuff I saw in the chat yesterday was totally out of line. The c-word can be used in a way that isn't going to directly cause offence – like for example, as Hazza said, if it's in the context of having banter with a close friend – but if you're using it super aggressively to target specific people you barely know on a twitch chat? - That's really fucking toxic and no-one should condone that.

Having said that, that's just the c-word. I've seen TLS and others using blatantly racist words like "paki" etc. – this kind of thing isn't even subjective. Racism of any form simply should not be tolerated in this community.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Dolan wrote:I don't get it why people take anything written on the internet seriously. It might as well be just a simulation with bots.
Anonimity makes people disinhibited, so they act out on stuff they wouldn't do much irl. Cracking jokes and banter are part of what makes anonimity online fun.

People cracking jokes with you or about you either know you very well irl, so they can afford to do that, or they don't know you at all, so why would you care about what people who don't know you at all say? It's just words on the screen, just close the tab -- bam -- the source of annoyance is gone. Or respond in kind, if you care that much.
While communication on the internet is disconnected from the face-to-face aspect and thus a direct interaction frame consisting of vocal and gestural signs conveying information, it is exactly that disconnection which puts the emphasis on the remaining conveyor of information: written language.
This includes a limit of reliable and unmistakable shared information, a common denominator for "indefinite" cultures interacting in that one space and of course assuming perfect knowledge of the commonly used language of every participant. The effects of language, of words, of actions taken will still result in similar reactions and feelings. Most people didn't learn how to react to communication on the internet from a young age, it's not something you get taught from day to day interaction and socialization. The expectation that everybody is able to completely disconnect their feelings is delusional - at least until all people on the internet grew up with it.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Dolan wrote: Cracking jokes and banter are part of what makes anonimity online fun..
Not when you're the recurring victim. The harrassement on internet is a true probleme.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

>words on screen
>omg life completely ruined, someone on the internet said something

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

jesus3 wrote: The expectation that everybody is able to completely disconnect their feelings is delusional - at least until all people on the internet grew up with it.
Idk, I feel like the delusion is to think that there is life on the internet. Yeah, I know, it's a widespread delusion.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Dolan wrote:
jesus3 wrote: The expectation that everybody is able to completely disconnect their feelings is delusional - at least until all people on the internet grew up with it.
Idk, I feel like the delusion is to think that there is life on the internet. Yeah, I know, it's a widespread delusion.
Then I disagree with you. The internet is just another and relatively new space for human interaction. The existence of bots is just a side-note.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:>words on screen

By this logic no form of community can mean anything, it's all just "words on screen," or "words on paper," or "vibrations in air"
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@jesus3
> anonymity
> human interaction

Not sure online, anonymous chatting is just as engaging as actually talking to someone you know by name and full identity. There's basically no skin in the game, if you're an anon.

Also, too many people care about online comments because they're too invested in their online profile.

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Dolan wrote:>words on screen
By this logic no form of community can mean anything, it's all just "words on screen," or "words on paper," or "vibrations in air"
Well yeah, it sorta is that way, just words on screen, but you delude yourself that you're part of a community by chatting with anons. It only becomes a community when you actually meet them irl, imo. And then you might discover people you hated online are actually very different in person.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

jesus3 wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Then I disagree with you. The internet is just another and relatively new space for human interaction. The existence of bots is just a side-note.
@Challenger_Marco this boomer called you a side-note :(o)
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

This riotcoke called me retard cunt why is he mod???
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Dolan wrote: Also, too many people care about online comments because they're too invested in their online profile.
Maybe some peaple forget that internet is, also, the real life.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I am someone who enjoys twitch banter and shitposting on forums trolling newbies, but I get that there are some boundaries of what should be said and what shouldn't. I am OK with provocations, but ones that aren't vulgar (like when I said "being french is an indication of character" just to get kaiser to immediately ask me what that is supposed to mean). But honestly I don't get why mods greenlight some of the vile shit that is said on twitch... Can anyone explain to me why TLS keeps getting unbanned when the first thing he does in chat is a provocation with racist vulgarity?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

they unban me because they enjoy the drama, EVERYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY LOVES DRAMA
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

iwillspankyou wrote:I will ask @n0el who is in charge of the scheduling, and announcing games that will be streamed? (this is my request noel)
The stream management team is. There was a plan for a news post about today’s game, but unfortunately the writer had something come up at the last minute and couldn’t do it. Remember, all of us are doing this as volunteers in our free time. Things come up and then stuff falls through, it happens and always will. I wish we could pay people and get higher quality, but we just don’t have that kind of money. Also, in the last few days they’ve had to deal with my game, which took a lot of time behind the scenes. It’s unfortunate but things like that adversely affect the other activities.
mad cuz bad
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

The_Lastsamurai wrote:they unban me because they enjoy the drama, EVERYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY LOVES DRAMA
inexcusable
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

The internet has it own advantages and disadvantages....more pros coz u can still reach out ppl(friends, family members etc) who are at long distant ....but one of the cons is toxicity ...I guess no one would trash talk when meeting a stranger in real life....but meeting on internet u can talk shit because Ur not in face to face contact and also it's very hard to explain how emotional you are through typing or making jokes....so at the end I would say take shit part lightly though or just ignore.
:nwc:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

princeofcarthage wrote:Every language I believe has some profane words which are used casually among friends or known people. However in international context you have to be cautious as people may not be aware of your culture which may result in them being offended. While I would suggest to be mature and ignore such things and enjoy the stream or the parts of chat which you enjoy.
Did you know that in Dutch using the word cancer/cancerous to describe anything that is not literally cancer is considered extremely inappropriate? Yet this is something that is, to much of my surprise, actually completely acceptable in the English language. Now imagine how harmless using this word is to most of the world. I don't know the exact cultural context of the British use of the word cunt, but I can definitely imagine it is nowhere near as offensive to British people as it might be to for example Iwillspankyou.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Sargsyan wrote:
jesus3 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
@Challenger_Marco this boomer called you a side-note :(o)
There will be one day where bots control humans....that's the time I will take my revenge on human gods.
:nwc:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

n0el wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:I will ask @n0el who is in charge of the scheduling, and announcing games that will be streamed? (this is my request noel)
The stream management team is. There was a plan for a news post about today’s game, but unfortunately the writer had something come up at the last minute and couldn’t do it. Remember, all of us are doing this as volunteers in our free time. Things come up and then stuff falls through, it happens and always will. I wish we could pay people and get higher quality, but we just don’t have that kind of money. Also, in the last few days they’ve had to deal with my game, which took a lot of time behind the scenes. It’s unfortunate but things like that adversely affect the other activities.
It'd be so cool if you guys found a couple of good writers. I don't follow the community as actively and I just miss all the tournament stuff. News posts create a story, a story that I'd be interested in.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

The media team has been actively expanding, with news writing being one area of growth. If you look at the recent news, the news post quality is better than ever. One miss doesn’t reflect the improvements. The entire media team is doing a great job, and there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes in terms of tournament admin, social media, etc... there’s also a new major tourney right around the corner, and I think everyone will be very excited about it.
mad cuz bad
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

harcha wrote:
The_Lastsamurai wrote:they unban me because they enjoy the drama, EVERYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY LOVES DRAMA
inexcusable
tbh i really dont give a fuck what you think if you dont like it fuck off?