disapontment post

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: disapontment post

Post by gibson »

I think it’s important to remember that not everybody has the sense of humor of an edgy teenager. There are things that are okay to say when you’re in discord with the boys, and there are things that are okay to say when you’re in the chat of the community twitch channel. We are trying to attract people to this game, and when one person in the twitch chat is being toxic it scares away new people and reflects upon all of us and the game. When you’re trying to build a community, there are standards that have to be adhered to in order to make everyone welcome. So it comes down to what do you want especially to be? Just the boys having fun together or a community that actually attracts new people(outside of edgy teen).
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

gibson wrote:I think it’s important to remember that not everybody has the sense of humor of an edgy teenager. There are things that are okay to say when you’re in discord with the boys, and there are things that are okay to say when you’re in the chat of the community twitch channel. We are trying to attract people to this game, and when one person in the twitch chat is being toxic it scares away new people and reflects upon all of us and the game. When you’re trying to build a community, there are standards that have to be adhered to in order to make everyone welcome. So it comes down to what do you want especially to be? Just the boys having fun together or a community that actually attracts new people(outside of edgy teen).
Eh, calling people you've never met/barely know cunts and using racist terms isn't really what I'd call "edgy"... other than that, I'd agree
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Regarding your complaints about the tournament administration, no comment. I feel very disappointed having read that and although you can't expect to be treated decently by everyone, I expected better from you. You yourself were involved in the planning of TWC 1&2 and you should be aware of the magnitude of work that goes into these kinds of events. Reading those words from you is a big slap in the face to not only me personally but the rest of the team as well.

Regarding twitch chats, I, unfortunately, can't attend and moderate every stream, but I do feel like we act more often than not if there is excessive toxicity in chat. TLS specifically has already been banned for more than a month. TLS was unbanned unauthorized by another moderator who ignored instructions. This moderator has been reprimanded. I will instruct the rest of the moderators to keep a closer eye on toxicity in chat to improve the viewing experience for everyone.
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

LOL

keep up the good work bram
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

TLS must be loving this thread lol
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Serbia Brutalglory
Crossbow
ESO: Brutalglory

Post by Brutalglory »

The fact that many of you are so triggered by trolling is absolutely pathetic. In the US we call you snowflakes. If you want a safe place go play sims by yourselves in your parent’s basement.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Bram if you want to hire a person to keep an eye on the chat ,you must hire a bot who watches every stream and chats so make some ppl as mods ^
:nwc:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Brutalglory wrote:The fact that many of you are so triggered by trolling is absolutely pathetic. In the US we call you snowflakes. If you want a safe place go play sims by yourselves in your parent’s basement.
Yea I agree, if people didn't get their panties in a bunch, there wouldn't even be trolls around
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Every language I believe has some profane words which are used casually among friends or known people. However in international context you have to be cautious as people may not be aware of your culture which may result in them being offended. While I would suggest to be mature and ignore such things and enjoy the stream or the parts of chat which you enjoy.
Did you know that in Dutch using the word cancer/cancerous to describe anything that is not literally cancer is considered extremely inappropriate? Yet this is something that is, to much of my surprise, actually completely acceptable in the English language. Now imagine how harmless using this word is to most of the world. I don't know the exact cultural context of the British use of the word cunt, but I can definitely imagine it is nowhere near as offensive to British people as it might be to for example Iwillspankyou.
I would say the use of calling something "cancer" is something only really common in English in the context of gaming. In normal life people don't say that kind of stuff since it's obviously inappropriate
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Brutalglory wrote:The fact that many of you are so triggered by trolling is absolutely pathetic. In the US we call you snowflakes. If you want a safe place go play sims by yourselves in your parent’s basement.
Calling someone a cunt or a racial slur isn't "trolling" or edgy, it's just being toxic. People like you contribute nothing to the community and alienate those who actually do so. If you want to call people the n-word with no consequences, go to 4chan; if you want to post on our platform, you'll play by our rules.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

No i am disagree, if some complain about trolling, is the troller's fault.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea got forbid people dont want to be in a place where they are constantly insulted. It's their fault for getting insulted by something that is supposed to insult them!
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Yea I agree, if people didn't get their panties in a bunch, there wouldn't even be trolls around
That is just so stupid. lol. Terrible logic. That is literally the "wouldn't be rapists, if girls didn't dress how they do" argument. hahah
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
That is just so stupid. lol. Terrible logic. That is literally the "wouldn't be rapists, if girls didn't dress how they do" argument. hahah
Comparing trolling to rape. Nice.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Its amazing to me how many people get triggered when asked to follow the same social etiquette that they would thoughtlessly adhere to at a bar. It's pretty simple. Don't be intentionally instagatory and insulting to others. It's a rule that essentially every culture and every group of people has followed since the beginning of time. If you can't follow that rule, than you should not be a part of the group.
Serbia Brutalglory
Crossbow

Post by Brutalglory »

Perhaps some sensitivity training is needed. “Mommy the people online are saying things that hurt my feelings.” It’s sad that people playing this game are so soft. Trolling is annoying and childish but whining about it plays right into their hands.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Really not. I'm just saying the best way to react to trolls is to not react, and they'll stop. I'm not saying it justifies their action or anything.
Rather compare that to parents telling their children "just ignore stupid people it's the best way to react". I'm sure you can see the difference.

Realistically though I know it will never happen because some people are sensitive, that's why we ban trolls.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

the problem is the fact that iamspunky always joins the twitch chats im in just to start a argument SHE always types the 1st insult
Serbia Brutalglory
Crossbow

Post by Brutalglory »

Papist, why are you calling out white people? What does skin color have anything to do with this conversation? Have you seen studies on the racial composition of trolls or are you just spewing trash out of your ass?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

gibson wrote:I think it’s important to remember that not everybody has the sense of humor of an edgy teenager. There are things that are okay to say when you’re in discord with the boys, and there are things that are okay to say when you’re in the chat of the community twitch channel. We are trying to attract people to this game, and when one person in the twitch chat is being toxic it scares away new people and reflects upon all of us and the game. When you’re trying to build a community, there are standards that have to be adhered to in order to make everyone welcome. So it comes down to what do you want especially to be? Just the boys having fun together or a community that actually attracts new people(outside of edgy teen).
I'm just gonna cite this again to stay on topic
most accurate comment by far (alongside a few select others)
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Kaiserklein wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Really not. I'm just saying the best way to react to trolls is to not react, and they'll stop. I'm not saying it justifies their action or anything.
Rather compare that to parents telling their children "just ignore stupid people it's the best way to react". I'm sure you can see the difference.

Realistically though I know it will never happen because some people are sensitive, that's why we ban trolls.
We are more in soldier's case because you say the troll aren't responsible, you say the insulted people are.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Can we just move on to something else honestly this is going too far.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

@spanky4ever i know how disappointing it can be for you with the TWC tournament. But you need to think about what happened behind everything. The whole team is working without a payment and try there best!
I know out of my own experience how much work it is to keep a lot of content coming. Please do not blame the esoc team. It's making me really sad to read this from you. I hope you try to understand what happens behind or ask gentle questions why things are not in the way you would like to see things. Or help maybe for a few days and you will see what the media team has to do.

For the twitch chat you might be right. I'm not following streams atm. Out of my experience, stuff like this can always happen on the Internet. Don't let it come close to you. It's the best way to deal with it and ignore them.
:flowers:
shit juice :hmm:
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

This whole thread could've been avoided if some people learned how to use the ignore function in twitch ^^
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

bittersalt123 wrote:This whole thread could've been avoided if some people learned how to use the ignore function in twitch ^^
Or if people weren't shitty
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix