disapontment post

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: disapontment post

Post by Rikikipu »

Brutalglory wrote:The fact that many of you are so triggered by trolling is absolutely pathetic. In the US we call you snowflakes. If you want a safe place go play sims by yourselves in your parent’s basement.
Rather the contrary. We should assume that by default every place on the internet is warm and welcome for everyone. If you want to spread your negativity - and I can understand you have this need - go somewhere else that is obviously done for that like 4chan.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Brutalglory wrote:Perhaps some sensitivity training is needed. “Mommy the people online are saying things that hurt my feelings.” It’s sad that people playing this game are so soft. Trolling is annoying and childish but whining about it plays right into their hands.
Providing justification for people to continue behaving like hostile children sounds like a poor way of developing a warm and friendly community.

Perhaps people take things too seriously sometimes, but in no way should that excuse such inappropriate language and behaviour. The root cause of the issue is always going to be the people who insist on harassing, trolling, and provoking others, and not the victims of said behaviour as you clearly imply.

People should always treat others as they themselves would wish to be treated, and if there is nothing of value to be said then nothing should be said.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

bwinner wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Realistically though I know it will never happen because some people are sensitive, that's why we ban trolls.
We are more in soldier's case because you say the troll aren't responsible, you say the insulted people are.
No, that's you putting words in my mouth. I just said that if people weren't so emotional, there wouldn't be trolls. I'm not saying it's the fault of emotional people though. It's ofc the fault of trolls for trolling.
I'm just saying getting upset is the best way to feed these trolls. Don't react and they'll eventually get bored. Then again not everyone has a thick skin, that's fine.

This debate is gonna get stale real quick anyway. There's nothing else to add except "trolls are mean and should be banned from chats".
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Trolling is like bullying. It's not a nice thing to do, but the one being bullied almost always plays a role there too. Just shrug it off, that's what an adult would do. And I find it extremely hard to believe that spanky did not do anything to provoke this sort of reaction, given her track record.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Brutalglory wrote:Papist, why are you calling out white people? What does skin color have anything to do with this conversation? Have you seen studies on the racial composition of trolls or are you just spewing trash out of your ass?
Because I've yet to see to a black person spamming cracker cracker cracker in a Twitch chat? Why are you defending people who think it's funny to post racial slurs btw?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Mitoe wrote: root cause of the issue is always going to be the people who insist on harassing, trolling, and provoking others, and not the victims of said behaviour as you clearly imply.
Yes, this. And when someone comes onto one of ESOC's platform and starts spamming toxic shit, the solution is to get rid of them, not for everyone else to stop being offended by behavior that is intended to be offensive.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Its easy to say oh ignore it, its easy to ignore it, but that's not the solution. Next day he is going to troll/hurt someone else. Saying ignore it, isn't really a good advice/argument. Its really disappointing to see TLS and others not being taught a lesson for their toxicity. Why is ESOC so afraid of stricter action against trollers? Its fine if toxic members leave the community rather than the good people, a single apple is still better than a basket of rotten ones.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

princeofcarthage wrote:Its easy to say oh ignore it, its easy to ignore it, but that's not the solution. Next day he is going to troll/hurt someone else. Saying ignore it, isn't really a good advice/argument. Its really disappointing to see TLS and others not being taught a lesson for their toxicity. Why is ESOC so afraid of stricter action against trollers? Its fine if toxic members leave the community rather than the good people, a single apple is still better than a basket of rotten ones.
Its best to ignore, because otherwise you will get bullied all your life. Sometimes the truth isnt pretty, and I dont want to justify bullying, but its just the harsh reality of life. Part of being a well functioning adult is that you ignore it, because it goes away then.
Serbia Brutalglory
Crossbow
ESO: Brutalglory

Post by Brutalglory »

Papist, where have I defended anyone for trolling? Is your reading comprehension lacking? I think trolls are morons. The only way to deal with them is to ban or ignore them. It is very weak to whine about it and then blame a racial group that may or may not be responsible. Perhaps you have racist tendencies to generalize and blame a group of people. Throwing out straw man arguments like they are going out of style.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Brutalglory Real dumb post, dude
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Serbia Brutalglory
Crossbow

Post by Brutalglory »

@fightinfrenchman this guy goes racial and my post is dumb? I guess it’s ok to slander a group of people with rash generalizations.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Brutalglory wrote:Papist, where have I defended anyone for trolling? Is your reading comprehension lacking? I think trolls are morons. The only way to deal with them is to ban or ignore them. It is very weak to whine about it and then blame a racial group that may or may not be responsible. Perhaps you have racist tendencies to generalize and blame a group of people. Throwing out straw man arguments like they are going out of style.
People in this thread did call for the trolls to be banned and you called them snowflakes, so which is it?

And clearly you're the one who struggles with reading comprehension since I never blamed white people for racist trolling, I said that the majority of people who use the n-word as an insult are white. And I stand by that statement.
Serbia Brutalglory
Crossbow

Post by Brutalglory »

@Papist Another straw man. Where did I say people calling for trolls to be banned are snowflakes? Also, I love how you mention reading comprehension and incorrectly restate your earlier comment.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Alright, let’s try to avoid escalating this from a civil discussion into a greater conflict, please.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Papist wrote:
Brutalglory wrote:Papist, why are you calling out white people? What does skin color have anything to do with this conversation? Have you seen studies on the racial composition of trolls or are you just spewing trash out of your ass?
Because I've yet to see to a black person spamming cracker cracker cracker in a Twitch chat? Why are you defending people who think it's funny to post racial slurs btw?
That's a pretty poor example if you understand what the word "cracker" actually originates from and then you'll realize it's not really a white person diss. Racism on all sides exists and here's just one example.

"Festival that charged white people $10 more than people of color backtracks on ticketing policy" - https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/f ... ks-tickets
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I cant wait to see people start equating the occasional and sparce racism against white people with the systematic racism again black people.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Brutalglory wrote:@Papist Another straw man. Where did I say people calling for trolls to be banned are snowflakes? Also, I love how you mention reading comprehension and incorrectly restate your earlier comment.
Right here bud:
The fact that many of you are so triggered by trolling is absolutely pathetic. In the US we call you snowflakes. If you want a safe place go play sims by yourselves in your parent’s basement.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

bittersalt123 wrote: That's a pretty poor example if you understand what the word "cracker" actually originates from and then you'll realize it's not really a white person diss.
Then pick another word, I don't care. Seems like you're missing the point on purpose tbh.

Racism on all sides exists and here's just one example.

"Festival that charged white people $10 more than people of color backtracks on ticketing policy" - https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/f ... ks-tickets
We're talking about racist trolling on Twitch, so I'm not even going to bother to read that because it's irrelevant to the conversation. You tipped your hand by citing Fox News though, so thanks :flowers:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

gibson wrote:I cant wait to see people start equating the occasional and sparce racism against white people with the systematic racism again black people.
I don't know about you but I consider being charged extra money to attend a random a music fest to be worse than lynching
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
gibson wrote:I cant wait to see people start equating the occasional and sparce racism against white people with the systematic racism again black people.
I don't know about you but I consider being charged extra money to attend a random a music fest to be worse than lynching
Maybe not worse, but its certainly on par with being gunned down in your own home.
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Papist wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote: That's a pretty poor example if you understand what the word "cracker" actually originates from and then you'll realize it's not really a white person diss.
Then pick another word, I don't care. Seems like you're missing the point on purpose tbh.

Racism on all sides exists and here's just one example.

We're talking about racist trolling on Twitch, so I'm not even going to bother to read that because it's irrelevant to the conversation. You tipped your hand by citing Fox News though, so thanks :flowers:
Okay I see what you mean. Sorry for the misunderstandings. Ya I cringed it was from fox news but that news story was found from other sources.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Retired Contributor

RefluxSemantic wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Its easy to say oh ignore it, its easy to ignore it, but that's not the solution. Next day he is going to troll/hurt someone else. Saying ignore it, isn't really a good advice/argument. Its really disappointing to see TLS and others not being taught a lesson for their toxicity. Why is ESOC so afraid of stricter action against trollers? Its fine if toxic members leave the community rather than the good people, a single apple is still better than a basket of rotten ones.
Its best to ignore, because otherwise you will get bullied all your life. Sometimes the truth isnt pretty, and I dont want to justify bullying, but its just the harsh reality of life. Part of being a well functioning adult is that you ignore it, because it goes away then.
Ignoring bullies is very situational, for ex it is very easy to ignore on internet as I already said. What about real life? Teaching your kid to ignore a bully is never the best advice. The best advice is to always stand up to bullies. Ignoring something never ever makes it go away.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I don't know why people think it's "easy to ignore" bullying on the internet. Being frequently insulted has the same effect on the internet as in real life: It makes you question your self-worth. If people insult you often, you might start to think something is wrong with you. And that kind of thought can have lasting effects on a person. Words on a screen are words on a screen, and words spoken are words spoken, but they carry weight all the same.

And the people who are saying to just leave if you don't like how you're treated in our community (the "close the tab" argument) seem confused about what this community is. We're not a bunch of anonymous people whom you can just replace by joining any other random forum. Many of us know each other well, even met each other irl. Some of us met their SOs here. And we all share a love for AoE3. Saying it's easy to just close the tab is like saying it's easy to leave a relationship that turns abusive.
Retired Contributor

Well what I mean is ignoring on internet specially when 99%(most of the time) of the people you don't know personally or haven't even their face is easier than in real life community where you have to live for the rest of your life in front of same people and with same bullies.