GUA Dec. Sub Tour Results.

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: GUA Dec. Sub Tour Results.

Post by EAGLEMUT »

somppukunkku wrote:Play stupid rules, win stupid prizes.
You know what's more stupid than that rule? Signing up for a tournament and then forfeiting in the middle of it because you disagree with its rules, which were very simple and always the same from the start. Now that would be just idiotic!
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Genuinely believed he would change it as it was discussed before the tourney and most players agreed.
Anyway, as said I wasn't really eager to play. My last comment was posted 4:30am on Saturday night, you can guess my condition. I agree it wasn't the most intelligent post of my life. Just let the show go on lol.

Gua can decide the rules to involve riding a fucking donkey before a game and players can decide to play or not. As simple as that.

Ps. It's not really middle of it when I haven't played a single game lol
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

somppukunkku wrote:Gua can decide the rules to involve riding a fucking donkey before a game and players can decide to play or not. As simple as that.
EZZ just play via wifi at zoo
spoiler
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofkabul wrote:1.hosting a tournament for the community with a prize pool and casting on his free time to bring out content for everyone
2.get complains and shit on

I get that you might not like the rules but why sign up for it and complain after about rules and forteit. that's beyond retarded.
Yea especially for such a small detail in the rules lol. It's quite sad, no one seems to give a shit about this tourney
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Mitoe wrote:The amount of tilt and forfeiture in recent tournaments is getting to be a bit excessive--not that I'm innocent, either, but meh. Just ruins the fun.
Yea, idk what the solution to tilt is. The goal is to feel nothing if something bad happens in the game (getting raided or something) instead of getting mad at the game/yourself/your opponent or whatever. Which sounds like it should be easy but if you're actually tryharding and serious about improving then it's surprisingly difficult. I had some insane rage while playing aoe2 de yesterday and that was after I decided I'd make a conscious effort to improve my mentality (though I think it worked somewhat well in my games against Ezad). Aoe3 players are obviously notoriously bad at this even at the top level, while in other more competitive games being able to regulate it properly seems to be a requirement for being good (korean sc2 pros are always super stoic for example). The forfeit stuff is just stupid and unnecessary though.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

prince vs sam
spoiler
Attachments
[EP7 SP] PrinceofKabul[FR] vs Samwise12[PT] - ESOC Malaysia.age3yrec
(927 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
ESOC Malaysia
ESOC Malaysia
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 7.0
Length: 15 minutes
[EP7 SP] PrinceofKabul[JP] vs Samwise12[IN] - ESOC Arizona.age3yrec
(1 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
ESOC Arizona
ESOC Arizona
Length: 15 minutes
[EP7 SP] PrinceofKabul[AZ] vs Samwise12[IR] - ESOC Manchac.age3yrec
(983.34 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
ESOC Manchac
ESOC Manchac
Length: 19 minutes
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Like I said tournament behavior should be subject to strict moderation. Players should be given points based on positive/negative behavior with accompanying bonuses or punishments. All major sports have such kind of system which rewards or punishes players. In football player may lose a %cut of his salary, teams may lose part of winnings or maybe entirely disqualified. In league cricket in India teams are awarded "fairplay awards" at the end of each match and receive additional prize at the end. In our case it is possible to give bonuses like 5% or 10% bonus of the prize for good behavior or -3 seed in the next tournament. Just an example, of course proper discussion and analysis would be required before implementation.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Dude just stop I can't take this much bs
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@Development Team please disable this bot
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:Dude just stop I can't take this much bs
Kaiserklein,

We regret to inform you that you have lost your right to choose your civilization in the next five (5) rounds of an ESOC-sponsored tournament. This action comes as a response to an innapropriate comment issued by your account at 15:30 GMT, on the 15th of December in the year 2019.

Please think about the potential consequences your actions may have in the future, and what that means to the many little children who look up to you as an eSports role model.

Regards,

The ESOC Community Team
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Before the tour started somp didn’t really want to sign up cause he didn’t think he would really play and we kinda pushed him to sign up since there were empty spots and I told him to just sign up and if you can play awesome, but if you can’t play np, I wouldnt hold it against you. I would rather see him play ofc, but it’s completely fine if he doesn’t want to. It’s just a little annoying hearing ppl complain about the rules. And @dicktator_ that is probably more of a culture thing with Korean sc2 players. You can look at esports in fighting games and the majority of pros there cuss at each other and talk mad shit to one another. Also with Fortnite there are lots of pros that get really pissed and complain.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Retired Contributor

People are taking lot of efforts to organize tournament. People are donating to see good content not forfeitures. And all of them are doing in their own free time and free of cost. No one forced anyone to sign up, if you are signing up you have to respect the efforts of the people and the tournament itself. You can't be like "I am tilted, I forfeit", "I am bored, I forfeit" and so on and so on. Everyone understands that sometimes people have valid reasons to forfeit and in such cases its acceptable. I don't see whats bullshit in saying that people's efforts and and the tournament itself should be respected and people not doing it should be punished, would you please explain? Do you approve of lecastete's forfeiture yesterday? or that of hazza?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

princeofcarthage wrote:
People are taking lot of efforts to organize tournament. People are donating to see good content not forfeitures. And all of them are doing in their own free time and free of cost. No one forced anyone to sign up, if you are signing up you have to respect the efforts of the people and the tournament itself. You can't be like "I am tilted, I forfeit", "I am bored, I forfeit" and so on and so on. Everyone understands that sometimes people have valid reasons to forfeit and in such cases its acceptable. I don't see whats bullshit in saying that people's efforts and and the tournament itself should be respected and people not doing it should be punished, would you please explain? Do you approve of lecastete's forfeiture yesterday? or that of hazza?
Shut up nobody cares

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I think princeofcarthage makes a fair point, but I don't see any realistic, proportional way to penalise that sort of behaviour.
Retired Contributor

Riotcoke wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Shut up nobody cares
True, GUA is taking so much of efforts, working whole day and then casting to create tournaments and content for community and nobody really cares. The really sad part is this comes from a media team member.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a good point but unavoidable.

It's the natural risk every aoe3 event will always have. Players aren't being paid to play. If they choose to entertain us it's on their own perogative. Organizers and donors don't have any legitimate authority over that. Time (and money) does not have domain over us here. This is good!

The best that can be done is to guilt trip a player to play, and then no one wins.

If I were GUA I would take the issue to the player in question in a private PM, explain the situation - that people donated for this - and hope for a concession.

If I were a donor of an event that saw many forfeitures, I'd probably stop donating.

If I were a player that didn't want to play, I wouldn't play.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

@princeofcarthage you're completely missing the point...
1) Most people don't get any money from tourneys. Do you really think people who forfeit are those about to get some cash? How the fuck is threatening someone to cut some of his earnings/get a worse seed any useful, if we all know they won't make it to the later rounds anyway?
2) With such a small community we can't afford to punish players too much. If you punish them and they just stop playing tourneys it's a loss for both ESOC and the community (go check the amount of people whining about Kynesie being banned from tourneys, even though he obviously deserved it).
3) Do you really think admins have nothing better to do than bother giving fucking points to players as if we were back to school.
4) This is GUA tourney, not an ESOC tourney, so getting "punished" would be even more laughable. As if it was in GUA's interest to school people lol, then simply no one will join his tourney.
5) ESOC admins are already punishing this kind of behaviour in the later rounds I believe. Again, they can't go too harsh on players, but they're taking measures to some extent. In fact I think they're doing a pretty good job overall, so I don't know what your point is.

tl;dr: this isn't esports
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Shut up nobody cares
True, GUA is taking so much of efforts, working whole day and then casting to create tournaments and content for community and nobody really cares. The really sad part is this comes from a media team member.
People are Enjoying the tourney, Everyone is backing GUA about it, the tourney is meant to be fun not 100 percent serious. Some people don't have time to play as it's over Christmas, just remember not everyone has as boring as a life as you and they actually do things.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Retired Contributor

Riotcoke wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
People are Enjoying the tourney, Everyone is backing GUA about it, the tourney is meant to be fun not 100 percent serious. Some people don't have time to play as it's over Christmas, just remember not everyone has as boring as a life as you and they actually do things.
So they didn't knew it would be christmas when they signed up? Thats a shit of an excuse. Also what do you know about my life lol.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes
So they didn't knew it would be christmas when they signed up? Thats a shit of an excuse. Also what do you know about my life lol.
I'm infuring by how you act.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

princeofkabul wrote:1.hosting a tournament for the community with a prize pool and casting on his free time to bring out content for everyone
2.get complains and shit on

I get that you might not like the rules but why sign up for it and complain after about rules and forteit. that's beyond retarded.
Wow, Prince is wise beyond his bicep size.
Retired Contributor

Riotcoke wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I'm infuring by how you act.
I am going to give you 1 chance. Retract this sentence or get school'd. 1 chance.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I am fine with somppu's forfeit cuz of what gua has explained.
The one of @Hazza54321 though is disrespectful Imo because he begged people to pay him a subscription before the event and already played a round.
I like you otherwise hazza so please no drama but stop doing that
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

I can replace them :D
Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

bwinner wrote:I am fine with somppu's forfeit cuz of what gua has explained.
The one of @Hazza54321 though is disrespectful Imo because he begged people to pay him a subscription before the event and already played a round.
I like you otherwise hazza so please no drama but stop doing that
I paid for my own subscription.