Hey Guys

No Flag PoshMafia
Crossbow

Hey Guys

Post by PoshMafia »

So...

I am a high level aoe 2 player and would love to play in the winter championship at the beginner or inter level.

Is someone willing to show me the ropes?

English speaker available almost any time as I am soon going on vaca.

Yes no maybe so??

tks

edit here is contact info

Discord highflyer#9356
Steam freind code 82067463
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: Hey Guys

Post by kami_ryu »

Most people around here would gladly use a good practice partner. shouldn't be too hard to find spmeone
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Glad to have you here!

I don’t play often, but my ESO multiplayer name is NxWorries so if you see me online we can definitely play some games together.

Since you’re already pretty advanced at RTS, here is a really good AoE3 hotkey guide to get you situated.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

What's a high level aoe2 player when it's at home?
No Flag PoshMafia
Crossbow

Post by PoshMafia »

WickedCossack wrote:What's a high level aoe2 player when it's at home?
a nurd
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I’d be willing to get you started. When does your vacation start?
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Hi mate I think @princeofkabul is your guy, feel free to ask him
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Wow a personal offer of coaching from Mitoe himself! You are a lucky man sir.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
No Flag PoshMafia
Crossbow

Post by PoshMafia »

Mitoe wrote:I’d be willing to get you started. When does your vacation start?
Wednesday. Much appreciated ^.^ by that i mean done work, not traveling.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

When you say high-level AoE2, what do you mean in terms of Voobly rating?

You can check out the Strategy Wall for guides. Since AoE3 civs are fairly distinct, I would recommend you pick one as your main civ with which to get familiar in depth first, and then learn the basics of another 2-3 civs so you can play them in the tournament.
Getting started, make sure you use XP Mod (part of the EP distribution) to bypass the tedious leveling process.

Coming from AoE2 I think you'll find that macro (assigning vils, queuing units, research, build) might be the most similar aspect. Micro is a bit different due to the snare mechanism which makes it a lot more costly to be caught out or disengage from a losing fight. Strong defensive micro like quick walls are also much weaker.
Strategy I'd say is almost entirely different; shipments have a big impact and most matchups tend to be more dynamic since most civs need to spread out to access hunt and can't as easily gather most resources in defensible positions. Due to civ differences being much larger, knowing and exploiting/avoiding their relative strengths and weaknesses at different points in the game is essential.
No Flag PoshMafia
Crossbow

Post by PoshMafia »

Thrar wrote:When you say high-level AoE2, what do you mean in terms of Voobly rating?

You can check out the Strategy Wall for guides. Since AoE3 civs are fairly distinct, I would recommend you pick one as your main civ with which to get familiar in depth first, and then learn the basics of another 2-3 civs so you can play them in the tournament.
Getting started, make sure you use XP Mod (part of the EP distribution) to bypass the tedious leveling process.

Coming from AoE2 I think you'll find that macro (assigning vils, queuing units, research, build) might be the most similar aspect. Micro is a bit different due to the snare mechanism which makes it a lot more costly to be caught out or disengage from a losing fight. Strong defensive micro like quick walls are also much weaker.
Strategy I'd say is almost entirely different; shipments have a big impact and most matchups tend to be more dynamic since most civs need to spread out to access hunt and can't as easily gather most resources in defensible positions. Due to civ differences being much larger, knowing and exploiting/avoiding their relative strengths and weaknesses at different points in the game is essential.
18 19 +
Thanks
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Cometk wrote:Glad to have you here!

I don’t play often, but my ESO multiplayer name is NxWorries so if you see me online we can definitely play some games together.

Since you’re already pretty advanced at RTS, here is a really good AoE3 hotkey guide to get you situated.
lol don't watch that it's shit
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

just a general tip focus on getting infinite value out of your military units. That's the most important thing in aoe3.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

harcha wrote:
Cometk wrote:Glad to have you here!

lol don't watch that it's shit
I disagree
:nwc: