AOE 3 Secrets, where to check?

No Flag Artyfeusz
Crossbow
ESO: Artyfeusz

AOE 3 Secrets, where to check?

Post by Artyfeusz »

First time I played AOE 3 about 13 years ago, every single year allows me to discover something new about this game, and i don't mean it in positive way.
For example last week i discovered that Musket Rider (iro cavalry) has bonus x2 against coyote runner (Thanks to wiki), yesterday i discovered that Iro farm fattens livestock slower than british livestock pen, until 3rd age (60/ min vs 76 / min for cow), and that Chinese village fattens livestock even slower (45 / min) and then it becomes faster in age 3 and then even faster in age 4.

What i would like to say, is that there is a lot of those "little things" that nobody knows about, and that's quite annoying. Like why we can't have it all written in description? Why i can't know that Musket rider has bonus vs Coyote by checking his ingame stats?
Somebody knows it somehow and I' ve read that there is some file where everything is written down.
Anybody has clue where can i find it? Or how can i find anything like this, without spending 20 hours checking every single detail?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: AOE 3 Secrets, where to check?

Post by tedere12 »

eso-c leaks
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

It's in the protoy, techtreey, stringtabley (y=TAD) files in your game installation folder/data.

There's no shortcut to learn eg. the multipliers or units, you can read the files or aoe3-wikis or learn by playing hundreds of games and remembering at least the basic multipliers.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Artyfeusz wrote:For example last week i discovered that Musket Rider (iro cavalry) has bonus x2 against coyote runner (Thanks to wiki)
Note that all units with a multiplier vs heavy cavalry also have an appropriate multiplier vs coyote runners (who are effectively lesser-heavy-cavalry).
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

There are other hidden multipliers vs eagle runners, where abus guns, iron troops and bolas warriors have 1.5x (abus also has an additional 0.5 multi making them effectively 0.75 vs eagle runners) and all other skirms have 2x vs erks. You'll find all artillery including lil' bombards have 0.5x vs arrow knights. (Basically azzy just screws up everything)
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Vils have a multiplier vs Artillery, and if you time it well you can cycle TC fire - Unload vils - vils fire a round - load vils in TC - TC fire without losing TC DPS
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

ShinkuroYukinari wrote:Vils have a multiplier vs Artillery, and if you time it well you can cycle TC fire - Unload vils - vils fire a round - load vils in TC - TC fire without losing TC DPS
this true? anyone do this consistently?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

harcha wrote:
ShinkuroYukinari wrote:Vils have a multiplier vs Artillery, and if you time it well you can cycle TC fire - Unload vils - vils fire a round - load vils in TC - TC fire without losing TC DPS
its pretty easy
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

harcha wrote:
with cdb many ppl do this. It obviously requires a decent apm, and good mouse control. But I have never seen anyone do this with normal vills vs falcs. Simply because falcs are usually protected by an army, and not even in range for vills coming out of a tc to shoot at them.
Image Image
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

amiggo1999 wrote:
harcha wrote:
with cdb many ppl do this. It obviously requires a decent apm, and good mouse control. But I have never seen anyone do this with normal vills vs falcs. Simply because falcs are usually protected by an army, and not even in range for vills coming out of a tc to shoot at them.
Even with normal vils it gives you like 30 damage vs normal units in a pinch, plus it makes you look like a pro :D
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

ShinkuroYukinari wrote:
amiggo1999 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Even with normal vils it gives you like 30 damage vs normal units in a pinch, plus it makes you look like a pro :D
yea but it's just better to punch anyways.
Image Image
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

amiggo1999 wrote:
ShinkuroYukinari wrote:
Show hidden quotes
yea but it's just better to punch anyways.
but then you are missing tc shots aren't you
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.