Post by Peshmerga12 »

We need more points from the vividlyplain bank :D
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Re: ESOC Winter Championship 2020 Betting Discussion

Post by TheNameDaniel »

WAR FUNDS NEEDED LOST AGAIN DUE TO UNEXPECTED RESULT!!!!!
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

@gibson got it fixed and bets are being processed rn, odds nearly doubled, thanks for calling my attention to it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

vividlyplain wrote:@gibson got it fixed and bets are being processed rn, odds nearly doubled, thanks for calling my attention to it
Apologies for the spam
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

In need of points to squander on another reckless 3-0 bet
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

we are through the qualifiers (mostly), welcome to round 1! i have a gift of 1000 points for everyone and we kick things of with a BO5 from the advanced division between opti and ezad

although our current leader @Oliveza has more than double the points of second place @XinsideQ it is still anyone's competition!
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

a 10000000 POINTS OMG YES!!!!!!!!
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@vividlyplain optimus forfeited his series with the score 2-0 in favor of ezad. In the past forfeits have always been a push, will you count this as 3-0 ezad or a push?
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

@vividlyplain vivi i want my point back cause opti forfait and when i was on for bet 3-0 wasn't available,also forfeit shouldnt be count because its not a legit win
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
No Flag Peshmerga12
Skirmisher

Post by Peshmerga12 »

Should be a payout to 3-0. Goodspeed have done in the past, should be no different now
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Peshmerga12 wrote:Should be a payout to 3-0. Goodspeed have done in the past, should be no different now
No goodspeed pushed forfeits
No Flag Peshmerga12
Skirmisher

Post by Peshmerga12 »

gibson wrote:
Peshmerga12 wrote:Should be a payout to 3-0. Goodspeed have done in the past, should be no different now
Not all of them
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Peshmerga12 wrote:
gibson wrote:
Not all of them
@Goodspeed
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The problem with honoring score-specific bets is that you have no idea what the final score of the series would have been, no matter how hard you're telling yourself otherwise. The only thing that's clear is what player advances (and what the exact score would not have been), which gives some merit to honoring bets on the series winner, although the argument that factors other than player performance shouldn't be relevant to betting is also sensible. It sucks for 3-0 bettors, but it would be much more unfair to assume the series ended 3-0, when it factually didn't. The player didn't lose the third game; it declined to play it.

Ultimately, there's just no ideal solution for regrettable cases like this, and it comes down to whether you consider the series winner whoever advances, whether they won three games or not.
No Flag Peshmerga12
Skirmisher

Post by Peshmerga12 »

zoom wrote:The problem with honoring score-specific bets is that you have no idea what the final score of the series would have been, no matter how hard you're telling yourself otherwise. The only thing that's clear is what player advances (and what the exact score would not have been), which gives some merit to honoring bets on the series winner, although the argument that factors other than player performance shouldn't be relevant to betting is also sensible. It sucks for 3-0 bettors, but it would be much more unfair to assume the series ended 3-0, when it factually didn't. The player didn't lose the third game; it declined to play it.

Ultimately, there's just no ideal solution for regrettable cases like this, and it comes down to whether you consider the series winner whoever advances, whether they won three games or not.
Problem is that he forfeit, which in my eyes (and i do belive in others eyes aswell) are considered a 3-0 to the other person. If the game was a 2-1 and a forfeit, then i would see it as a 3-1 victory. I understand why 90% disagree (90% bet on Optimus). No matter what, this is unfair for the 3-0 betters
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

there is no perfect solution to the opti/ezad situation

after watching back the series from ezad's strim and discussing with several people/considering all posts on this matter i have decided that a 3-0 ruling for ezad is the best way to proceed

as i see it, ezad won two games and opti forfeited the third which counts as a victory for ezad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

understand that perfectly, even though I put all my eggs in the "basket" @vividlyplain
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

iwillspankyou wrote:understand that perfectly, even though I put all my eggs in the "basket" @vividlyplain
i had 25 of my 1000 points on 3-0 ezad so i feel your pain too

but (like you) if i bet on a horse race and the horse breaks it's leg, i don't ask for a refund . . . the risks of betting i guess

thanks for your understanding
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

I propose following rules to be added for betting:

1- If one opponent forfeits before completion of a single game then betting on that series should be canceled.
2- If someone forfeits after at least one completed game then, the score of the person who forfeits should be whatever at forfeiture ; but the other person score should be adjusted to as how many games he should have won in a BOX.
e.g. A bo7 match between A and B, B forfeits at A2-B1,
So final score should be counted as A4-B1.

P. S. no one would know the exact outcome but it will streamline betting event.
#trainableSpahi
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

vividlyplain wrote:there is no perfect solution to the opti/ezad situation

after watching back the series from ezad's strim and discussing with several people/considering all posts on this matter i have decided that a 3-0 ruling for ezad is the best way to proceed

as i see it, ezad won two games and opti forfeited the third which counts as a victory for ezad
SO YOU"RE TELLING ME I LOST ANOTHER BET?! FUK.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Peshmerga12 wrote:
zoom wrote:The problem with honoring score-specific bets is that you have no idea what the final score of the series would have been, no matter how hard you're telling yourself otherwise. The only thing that's clear is what player advances (and what the exact score would not have been), which gives some merit to honoring bets on the series winner, although the argument that factors other than player performance shouldn't be relevant to betting is also sensible. It sucks for 3-0 bettors, but it would be much more unfair to assume the series ended 3-0, when it factually didn't. The player didn't lose the third game; it declined to play it.

Problem is that he forfeit, which in my eyes (and i do belive in others eyes aswell) are considered a 3-0 to the other person. If the game was a 2-1 and a forfeit, then i would see it as a 3-1 victory. I understand why 90% disagree (90% bet on Optimus). No matter what, this is unfair for the 3-0 betters
In case you read my post, you should know I agree that it is unfair to 3-0 bettors. The problem is that it's far more unfair to 3-1, 3-2 and 2-3 bettors, who lost without being wrong about the result. The player forfeited (quit) the series; not a particular game. The best way to illustrate my point, to the number of people who are struggling to see it, is to imagine betting on the outcome of game 3. It wasn't played. Betting on series score prerequisites every game being played. You know who advanced to the next round, so there is some merit to honoring match bets. You're utterly clueless as to the outcome of any game past game three, though.

No bookmaker on the planet would make the decision that Vividlyplain made, here. It is simply unheard of. I respect his right to make any decision he wants, though, and remain appreciative of him running the event.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

zoom wrote:
Peshmerga12 wrote:

In case you read my post, you should know I agree that it is unfair to 3-0 bettors. The problem is that it's far more unfair to 3-1, 3-2 and 2-3 bettors, who lost without being wrong about the result. The player forfeited (quit) the series; not a particular game. The best way to illustrate my point, to the number of people who are struggling to see it, is to imagine betting on the outcome of game 3. It wasn't played. Betting on series score prerequisites every game being played. You know who advanced to the next round, so there is some merit to honoring match bets. You're utterly clueless as to the outcome of any game past game three, though.

No bookmaker on the planet would make the decision that Vividlyplain made, here. It is simply unheard of. I respect his right to make any decision he wants, though, and remain appreciative of him running the event.
i don't think this is entirely accurate as this was a series, not one particular game

say you're betting on an NHL series in the playoffs (BO7) and one team forfeits game 4 after losing the first three games... this means the other team wins the series 4-0

if you;re speaking of bets on the outcome of one specific game, say i bet that team A would win 3-2 in game 4 of the series but team B forfeits, then that bet would be invalid... however the final result of the series would still say team A wins 4-0 because a forfeit counts as a loss
No Flag Peshmerga12
Skirmisher

Post by Peshmerga12 »

zoom wrote:
Peshmerga12 wrote:

I read your post zoom, and i do understand you. With all the respect. I just dont agree. I do belive Aqwer made some good points (that should be the case in the future). I will never belive that any decision is a 100% fair but everyone understands that 3-0 is the MOST fair. So it is not 100% fair but MOST fair.

Idk if your biased cuz you bet on Optimus. But it is clearly why 90% rants that the bet should be canceled. Btw it is not unfair for 2-3 bettors cuz he forfeit (therefore only unfair for 3-1 and 3-2 bettors).
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

United States of America minimoult21
Dragoon
ESO: minimoult21

Post by minimoult21 »

how do I donate points? I must repay my good friend Zoom!
minimoult21 represents a relative unknown.