Spanish galleons

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Spanish galleons

Post by TNT333 »

Is it just me or Spanish galleons with all their upgrades and cards are broken af.
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Spanish galleons

Post by tedere12 »

galleons are not the way you want to spend your resources ( other ships are better at fighting) so unless the game comes to a point where you are able to max out ship training capacity, it's not very relevant.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: Spanish galleons

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Unfortunately there are multiple reasons why galleons arent that great. I would say 1 galleon with spanish galleon upgrade is much better than 1 caravel with upgrade warship card, but the warship card upgrades all boats including frigate and monitor. The problem lies in that in age 2 there is a 2 caravel shipment whereas there is only 1 galleon shipment. As the galleon cost an extra 400 coin, it is a huge investment to get 2 galleons out in the second age. Once your in age 3 then the frigate just out classes the galleon easily for a small extra cost of 200wood more. There is also no 2 galleon shipment in age 3 and so if you want to fight see then ship the 1 frigate instead of building a dock and training galleons. The frigate also has the 0.75% range resist like the galleon (caravel is 0.5%) and so can take a lot of infantry fire in the New England ponds.

If there was a 2 galleon shipment in age 3 then they could be considered but to make use of galleons with the galleon upgrade you have to train them which are way too expensive for what they bring to the table.