Feedback on ESOC

What is the general feeling of ESOC threads and posts?

Highly positive
92%
Slightly positive
8%
Slightly negative
No votes
Highly negative
No votes

Total votes: 66

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Feedback on ESOC

Post by _H2O »

Hi Guys

The staff at ESOC wanted to hear back from everyone on how they feel about our site and the posts made. Please do stick a vote in and leave a comment. We are always striving to make this the best place to have fun and discuss/play age of empires!

Remember, everyone's opinion is valid, even if it doesn't agree with yours.
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Feedback on ESOC

Post by ssaraf »

OK.. This community is really a lot of fun... Currently not even a day passes by without me looking at this site.. :)
I remember all those funny threads on that "Off Topic" Link. Lolzzz so many funny vids/pics.. Few op ones i remember like Garja interview , angry kid plays aoe , and many more..
Also, tournaments , betting tourney , regular aoe3 content , LOVE the live stream, love them all.
I really appreciate all the effort put in by the esoc staff to put this site together and keep this game alive. I LOVE YOU guys...
Also twitch chat adds a lot of spice..

P.S : I sincerely hope ppl are not offended by jokes etc... and continue to take it in the right spirit..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Feedback on ESOC

Post by n0el »

Good to have a community again. I used to check Sanctuary every once and while and it seemed dead. That was depressing because it was a really nice place when it was Age of related.
mad cuz bad
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Zutazuta »

Very well done.
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Feedback on ESOC

Post by yoda »

some people just be abusive for no reason. maybe it's immaturity. other than that, it's pretty sound!
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Papist »

h2o wrote:Hi Guys

The staff at ESOC wanted to hear back from everyone on how they feel about our site and the posts made. Please do stick a vote in and leave a comment. We are always striving to make this the best place to have fun and discuss/play age of empires!

Remember, everyone''s opinion is valid, even if it doesn''t agree with yours.
Gonna have to disagree with you there. Whoever put down "slightly positive" is a retard.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Feedback on ESOC

Post by n0el »

yoda wrote:some people just be abusive for no reason. maybe it''s immaturity. other than that, it''s pretty sound!

Welcome to the Internet
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Feedback on ESOC

Post by gibson »

papist wrote:
h2o wrote:Hi Guys

Remember, everyones opinion is valid, even if it doesnt agree with yours.
Gonna have to disagree with you there. Whoever put down "slightly positive" is a retard.
Thanks man. The reason why I put slightly positive is because I dislike the mobile site, there arent really many rules so banning people, closing threads is up to the discretion of the individual moderators, who have different opinions about what should be closed, banned etc, and many threads just turn into ego wars between high level players and honestly I dont give two shits and a rats cock about imaginary pixel points in an irrelevant game that is horribly imbalanced.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Feedback on ESOC

Post by _H2O »

Thanks for that feedback, we left the rules a little broad internally. Will make sure we talk about it again and are more consistent moving forward!

Until we move the mobile site is out of our hands, but it's something I'm sure we will play with.
No Flag centella
Crossbow

Feedback on ESOC

Post by centella »

Best age 3 forum eva :)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Feedback on ESOC

Post by zoom »

Are you only asking about ESOC threads and posts in those threads?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by deleted_user0 »

I like the atmosphere posts, such as done by gs, musketjr soldier mitoe and others with updates, speculation and summaries about the tournament.

Downside: you corrupted gs into becoming a tyrannic threadclosing monster
No Flag cohenski
Musketeer

Feedback on ESOC

Post by cohenski »

I think Mitoe should be kicked out.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Feedback on ESOC

Post by rsy »

cohenski wrote:I think Mitoe should be kicked out.
ye superaids maybe virtually contagious. even mitoe doesnt want everyone around here to have it, right?
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Feedback on ESOC

Post by bart331 »

The only thing i dislike is the trend of swearing with aids. A fine example can be seen above, i dont know what it is with kids these days and their obsession with aids but imo we should keep such behaviour out of this forums.

And unban bpds he flames a lot but at least he was creative and funny sometimes!
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Good ol Ivan »

bart331 wrote:The only thing i dislike is the trend of swearing with aids. A fine example can be seen above, i dont know what it is with kids these days and their obsession with aids but imo we should keep such behaviour out of this forums.

And unban bpds he flames a lot but at least he was creative and funny sometimes!
you mad cuz ur gay?? lmaao
or should I say
butthurt
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Feedback on ESOC

Post by zoom »

bart331 wrote:The only thing i dislike is the trend of swearing with aids. A fine example can be seen above, i dont know what it is with kids these days and their obsession with aids but imo we should keep such behaviour out of this forums.

The word "aids" should only be permitted when used in conjunction with "giveyou" or "gu".
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Slightly positive, because of all the shitposts and trolls that the forum has. The announcement posts are very well done and I enjoy reading those.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Feedback on ESOC

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

We need more garja/Umeu's flame imo
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

good forum, 10/10 would recommend
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Feedback on ESOC

Post by zoom »

bramboy wrote:Slightly positive, because of all the shitposts and trolls that the forum has. The announcement posts are very well done and I enjoy reading those.
This, although even more so due to this thread...

My feelings on ESOC as a website are very positive, although the replay "system" sucks ass from a straw. The same goes for the community even though tournament organization and rules need fine-tuning.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by deleted_user0 »

diarouga wrote:We need more garja/Umeu''s flame imo

I dont flame, i just tell the truth. Some people can''t handle the truth
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Feedback on ESOC

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:
diarouga wrote:We need more garja/Umeus flame imo

I dont flame, i just tell the truth. Some people cant handle the truth
your truth*
France iNcog
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by iNcog »

yoda wrote:some people just be abusive for no reason. maybe it''s immaturity. other than that, it''s pretty sound!

Are you talking about mods being abusive or other users?

As for threads being locked, here is basically how we try to moderate the forums. First off, realize that the forum is still pretty new and that the influx of new users is constant. So moderation policy is something that is being continually adjusted to best suit our goals.

We want the forums to be an active place, with lots of interesting discussion. We specifically left the off topic open to any discussion as long no personal attacks or blatant hate take place (or stuff against terms of use, etc.). Someone should be able to come to these forums and discuss anything they want. We''re looking for the forums to be a place where users "moderate" themselves with minimal moderation.

Its not always easy because this openess leaves us open to some trolling or flaming. We''re looking for ways to keep it open without leaving openings for trolls and so far it does seem to do all right, but there is still some work to do, for sure.

This is definitely the time to give feedback as to why you think a thread should or shouldn''t have been closed. If you think threads are closed on moderators'' whims, then you''re a bit off the mark. We consider most threads quite carefully. Sometimes it''s hard to check every thread perfectly and make the right call.

Cheating accusations have of course been specifically left out for reasons mentioned before.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.