Whats the point of noobbashing/smurfing/trolling

India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Whats the point of noobbashing/smurfing/trolling

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Smurfing is fun would do it anyday,I will play for improving my civs so that I don't lose stuff on my main acc for free.
:nwc:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

sometimes I like to play anonymously so smurfing is an option for it.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

bepsi wrote:Well most people I play who where capt/major or even higher some 3-4 years ago are all 2nd-/1st lt in spite of relatively active play. The rampant smurfing lately have basically culled the general pr of the casual 25-30 pr segment. I believe no good fan patch player would risk precious pr playing on re where map screws and civ imbalance is a factor to be reckoned with and so chooses to smurf instead.
I really cannot say enough about how true this is. Nearly all smurfs end up falling in the leut-captain range and its a complete crapshoot what you're gonna get. When i play vs friends who i know are pr24-27 i find the game fun and dynamic and fairly equally matched. If its vs randoms, about 2/3 of the time i may as well just play in a pr35+ lobby. The ability to Play casual ranked games after MS rank is nearly impossible it seems, so my pr sits at low 20s since I cannot seem to find enough fair games to ever rank up. Oh and moesbar at leut level is stupidly common too I've discovered, so that's a factor too. Seems even rec game doesnt scare them off anymore
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

So 2/3 of the lt/capt accs are pr35+ smurfs? This is getting ridiculous lol. How come when I smurf I almost always find myself playing vs legit pr25 ish players then?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Unfortunately many aspiring legendary players couldn't achieve their field marshal rank because of smurfing. There's simply no other explanation.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Smurfs is the worst. Yesterday I thought I was playing against Kaiserklein (on one of alt-accounts) but I turned to be playing against a small blue guy with a white hat. His vocabulary was also afwul, worst match I played this week.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

Kaiserklein wrote:So 2/3 of the lt/capt accs are pr35+ smurfs? This is getting ridiculous lol. How come when I smurf I almost always find myself playing vs legit pr25 ish players then?

Have you been smurfing me?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, I barely ever smurf nowadays
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

dansil92 wrote:
bepsi wrote:Well most people I play who where capt/major or even higher some 3-4 years ago are all 2nd-/1st lt in spite of relatively active play. The rampant smurfing lately have basically culled the general pr of the casual 25-30 pr segment. I believe no good fan patch player would risk precious pr playing on re where map screws and civ imbalance is a factor to be reckoned with and so chooses to smurf instead.
I really cannot say enough about how true this is. Nearly all smurfs end up falling in the leut-captain range and its a complete crapshoot what you're gonna get. When i play vs friends who i know are pr24-27 i find the game fun and dynamic and fairly equally matched. If its vs randoms, about 2/3 of the time i may as well just play in a pr35+ lobby. The ability to Play casual ranked games after MS rank is nearly impossible it seems, so my pr sits at low 20s since I cannot seem to find enough fair games to ever rank up. Oh and moesbar at leut level is stupidly common too I've discovered, so that's a factor too. Seems even rec game doesnt scare them off anymore
To be fair ESOC basically endorses this kind of behavior and have allowed at least a few patently good players to compete intermediate division of the current tournament. It is almost as if someone 'identifies' as 1st lt/captain, well, then they truly are. :kinggreen:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, the seeding was done by Elo..? How is it Esoc endorsing anything?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:So 2/3 of the lt/capt accs are pr35+ smurfs? This is getting ridiculous lol. How come when I smurf I almost always find myself playing vs legit pr25 ish players then?
Yea saying that 2/3s of lt/captains are pr35+ is just a lie and probably a way that people cope with losing to those players. Its very rare for me to find someone that rank who's a smurf, and when I do it's almost always because I'm streaming, and it wouldnt happen otherwise.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

Kaiserklein wrote:No, the seeding was done by Elo..? How is it Esoc endorsing anything?
By allowing well-known players to enter the tournament on new accounts of course.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

bepsi wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:No, the seeding was done by Elo..? How is it Esoc endorsing anything?
By allowing well-known players to enter the tournament on new accounts of course.
Like who?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

bepsi wrote:
Tell us who please
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

bepsi wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
To be fair ESOC basically endorses this kind of behavior and have allowed at least a few patently good players to compete intermediate division of the current tournament. It is almost as if someone 'identifies' as 1st lt/captain, well, then they truly are. :kinggreen:
What are you talking about? U should feel ashamed spreading false information like this.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Post by IGNDontay »

The person talking about the seeding, and ESOC allowing certain things to fly isn’t wrong. The fact i’m not the only one who thinks so or notices goes to show something. I don’t usually see anyone else calling esoc on their shit though. Although that is a bit off topic from the thread, there are 110% more skilled players entering lower skilled competitions on smurf’s so it’s still on topic and if they could IP accs and ban players attempting to do it then we would be better off. I am
not
saying that esoc is okay with it or is even aware but just that it’s for sure happening cause we have cancer people like that here. There’s smurfing in every game but this community is so small it actually effects it vastly. For these people to care about the game enough to smurf and ruin the casual/normal aoe player unknowingly to them even, is pretty annoying to say the least.
I’ve said it before though that there’s nepotism on these forums and thats probably something we have to live with since this is their site. :roll: it’s cool though let them live in their bubble.
It’s dope though they had a player rating consensus from the community or whatever and lecastrates was pretty much all troll lmao. big sexi manboy :devil:
I do wonder though if this community was larger and microsoft got better sales and stuff how many of our top players in this small smurf ridden community would be outshined and made to look mediocre by players who simply haven’t aoed. Showing us builds and metas that are there but untapped because our current ‘top players’ are all arrogant, call things bad and only do try hard builds with certain civs to win. How about that, smurfs?
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

To be honest I couldn't care less about the issue I brought to attention and if ESOC elo is the main criteria for selection to respective divisions I have little to add. Suffice to say then that anyone can groom an account elo-wise for the sake of easier oppostion.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

bepsi wrote:To be honest I couldn't care less about the issue I brought to attention and if ESOC elo is the main criteria for selection to respective divisions I have little to add. Suffice to say then that anyone can groom an account elo-wise for the sake of easier oppostion.
1) ep elo is one criteria, jp elo the other. In fact as it's current jp, but max ep, I think it makes jp elo more important.
2) seeding by ep elo (or by any elo) is not very accurate, but you're welcome to give us a perfect formula
3) you said esoc allowed smurfs in the tourney, but seems like that was just a lie?
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Kaiserklein wrote:
bepsi wrote:To be honest I couldn't care less about the issue I brought to attention and if ESOC elo is the main criteria for selection to respective divisions I have little to add. Suffice to say then that anyone can groom an account elo-wise for the sake of easier oppostion.
1) ep elo is one criteria, jp elo the other. In fact as it's current jp, but max ep, I think it makes jp elo more important.
2) seeding by ep elo (or by any elo) is not very accurate, but you're welcome to give us a perfect formula
3) you said esoc allowed smurfs in the tourney, but seems like that was just a lie?
Yes dont bother answer him, this guy is a troll trying to raise childry polemic about esoc stuffs in each of his 89 posts.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

flontier wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Yes dont bother answer him, this guy is a troll trying to raise childry polemic about esoc stuffs in each of his 89 posts.
And dongtay?
:nwc:
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

Kaiserklein wrote: 3) you said esoc allowed smurfs in the tourney, but seems like that was just a lie?
I claimed that people are allowed to play on new accounts which by definition is not the same as smurfing. Given that only ESOC elo is taken into consideration during the seeding process the point is moot however and so there is little to discuss.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

bepsi wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote: 3) you said esoc allowed smurfs in the tourney, but seems like that was just a lie?
I claimed that people are allowed to play on new accounts which by definition is not the same as smurfing. Given that only ESOC elo is taken into consideration during the seeding process the point is moot however and so there is little to discuss.
JP elo and EP Elo are taken into consideration. Maybe you should read like 2 sentences of the rules?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

how will you not allow people to play on new accounts? what is a new account?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

The point I alluded to is obvious and I don't feel like kicking a dead horse more than necessary. Seeing that the discussion as such has degenerated to mudslinging, sophistry and ad hominem I don't want to continue participating in it any further.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

Kaiserklein wrote:
For the big tournaments I guess it would be cool to get some seeding off previous big tournament's results like they do in many sports.