Whats the point of noobbashing/smurfing/trolling

No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Re: Whats the point of noobbashing/smurfing/trolling

Post by bepsi »

flontier wrote: Yes dont bother answer him, this guy is a troll trying to raise childry polemic about esoc stuffs in each of his 89 posts.
I actually take offense by this. I have never voiced a single opinion on the forums that isn't heartfelt, however framed in jest they may have been, and ultimately done so out charity for a game and community I much appreciate. Please save me your boorish attitude in future.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

bepsi wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote: 3) you said esoc allowed smurfs in the tourney, but seems like that was just a lie?
I claimed that people are allowed to play on new accounts which by definition is not the same as smurfing. Given that only ESOC elo is taken into consideration during the seeding process the point is moot however and so there is little to discuss.
Dude can't you read, current jp ELO is also taken into account... And if you start over with a new acc you have 1600 elo, which won't get you seeded anywhere.
You claimed several times that esoc let people rig the seeding basically, and bring zero proof. In short, you're full of shit
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

bepsi wrote:The point I alluded to is obvious and I don't feel like kicking a dead horse more than necessary. Seeing that the discussion as such has degenerated to mudslinging, sophistry and ad hominem I don't want to continue participating in it any further.
Easy way out after you typed a pile of garbage and no one took you seriously.
Oh nvm dontay agrees with you :')
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:
bepsi wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote: 3) you said esoc allowed smurfs in the tourney, but seems like that was just a lie?
I claimed that people are allowed to play on new accounts which by definition is not the same as smurfing. Given that only ESOC elo is taken into consideration during the seeding process the point is moot however and so there is little to discuss.
Dude can't you read, current jp ELO is also taken into account... And if you start over with a new acc you have 1600 elo, which won't get you seeded anywhere.
You claimed several times that esoc let people rig the seeding basically, and bring zero proof. In short, you're full of shit
Just think from the other point of view: It is super easy to rig one's seeding. What is so hard about bribing a higher ranked player for a couple of bucks to play some games on their account, making sure to not play too good, but good enough to reach a certain treshold?

Even in tourney games this is doable, happened a couple of times already on ESOC, eh?
I mean, you are right when you say people shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it is almost as hard to trick people compared to proving that this behaviour is happening at all.
Saying all complaints are unjustified is kind of false too.
I remember watching games of aoe3 tournaments on AgeSanctuary, not just some but a lot, and I couldn't help but think that some of the medium or higher rated players had someone else play for them.. I noticed the playstyle and skill level was NOT what I expected from that particular player and found it to be eerily similar to another player from that tournament, having watched a dozen of those recs thus far.
Even without money, people will try to cheat for ego/superiority reasons. Putting money into every tourney has a much greater chance to make things worse.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly. I was answering to someone arguing that esoc lets good players join on new accounts to compete with pr25s in lower divisions. Actually esoc supposedly even endorses that behaviour.
Sure you can get someone to play on your acc to boost your rating, but that's a completely different topic? I have the feeling you replied without really reading the thread.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly. I was answering to someone arguing that esoc lets good players join on new accounts to compete with pr25s in lower divisions. Actually esoc supposedly even endorses that behaviour.
Sure you can get someone to play on your acc to boost your rating, but that's a completely different topic? I have the feeling you replied without really reading the thread.
Ye, I kinda interpolated the issue, should have been more clear/adhere to the topic. I also gave an example from a tournament years ago, that's why I talked about a very similar topic, albeit not Off Topic at all.
Tricking the community is tricking the community, if it is just for seeding, cheating or in the tournament itself it doesn't matter. The argument goes beyond just a single issue at hand. That's why I felt the need to address this. Again, I should have read the last answers a bit more carefully :ship:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

bepsi wrote:The point I alluded to is obvious and I don't feel like kicking a dead horse more than necessary. Seeing that the discussion as such has degenerated to mudslinging, sophistry and ad hominem I don't want to continue participating in it any further.
See, that's funny, since you're the one degenerating this discussion by throwing baseless accusations and outright false information around.
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany Nicius
Crossbow
ESO: NiciusGER

Post by Nicius »

Never imagined that this post will getting so out of control.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Why don't you try to learn and improve at the game when you meet a better player instead of crying ? If you keep playing noobs, you won't improve, it's that simple.
Because not everybody dedicates his life to be good at aoe. Casual players want to have casual games and not be fucked over by somebody smurfing.

to answer the topic: smurfing is fun af I do nothing but that.
Germany Aramir
Crossbow
ESO: blackout_

Post by Aramir »

Dedicating ur life to it or just want to improve are 2 different things don't u think?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

ChewSick wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Why don't you try to learn and improve at the game when you meet a better player instead of crying ? If you keep playing noobs, you won't improve, it's that simple.
Because not everybody dedicates his life to be good at aoe. Casual players want to have casual games and not be fucked over by somebody smurfing.

to answer the topic: smurfing is fun af I do nothing but that.
sum ppl just want to be low key otto lamers chilling n pressing than janissary abus button :flowers:
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

princeofkabul wrote: sum ppl just want to be low key otto lamers chilling n pressing than janissary abus button :flowers:
My secret has been revealed
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

I'm sure there is a level of dishonesty that goes into these tournaments but at the end of the day the true top players always come out on top so it's not really a huge concern.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo ā€“ The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Post by IGNDontay »

bittersalt123 wrote:I'm sure there is a level of dishonesty that goes into these tournaments but at the end of the day the true top players always come out on top so it's not really a huge concern.
yeah I guess fuck everyone elseā€™s tournament game experience as long as the true top players who smurf their way into lower brackets shine in the end. for example we got that kid ammigo in the tournament playing under a smurf. We know itā€™s ammigo but how many are doing this that we donā€™t know? yeah exactly. BS. Accounts need to hold more weight.
You canā€™t read me I donā€™t play by the book.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

IGNDontay wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:I'm sure there is a level of dishonesty that goes into these tournaments but at the end of the day the true top players always come out on top so it's not really a huge concern.
yeah I guess fuck everyone elseā€™s tournament game experience as long as the true top players who smurf their way into lower brackets shine in the end. for example we got that kid ammigo in the tournament playing under a smurf. We know itā€™s ammigo but how many are doing this that we donā€™t know? yeah exactly. BS. Accounts need to hold more weight.
There are IP check all the time, stop spreading your retardness everywhere it's getting annoying

United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Re:

Post by IGNDontay »

Lecastete wrote:
IGNDontay wrote:
There are IP check all the time, stop spreading your retardness everywhere it's getting annoying
i will as soon as you do but youā€™re just annoying so when pigs fly
You canā€™t read me I donā€™t play by the book.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

i lost some brain cells
:nwc:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

You had some left?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The possibility of smurfing in lower divisions by higher ranked players is the reason why there haven't been tourneys such as the current one. But players complained for having it and now we have one. And now people complain about smurfing in lower divisions :uglylol:
Seriously get your shit together because some posts in this thread insult my intelligence and that's not good.
Image Image Image
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

This is clearly the best tournament format we have had yet and I don't see an issue with smurfing. Even the advanced the division is full of top players. So really the only price money that you can easily get by smurfing as a top player is the $75 in the intermediate division.
Greece giannisKING
Skirmisher
ESO: 4fr33d0m

Post by giannisKING »

Dontay is trolling us to waste his and our time don't feed the troll !!!!!!!
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

On behalf of @Scroogie , @Qosashvili93 and myself, I sincerely apologize for sharking the Beginners div! EP Elo made us do it! Plus we all want a coaching by Somppu so bad
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

jesus3 wrote:On behalf of @Scroogie , @Qosashvili93 and myself, I sincerely apologize for sharking the Beginners div! EP Elo made us do it! Plus we all want a coaching by Somppu so bad
And then Somppu drops to advanced div. How will we ever receive the lectures of Somali now? :cry:
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Scroogie wrote:
jesus3 wrote:On behalf of @Scroogie , @Qosashvili93 and myself, I sincerely apologize for sharking the Beginners div! EP Elo made us do it! Plus we all want a coaching by Somppu so bad
And then Somppu drops to advanced div. How will we ever receive the lectures of Somali now? :cry:
Superstars from begginer division

Be careful other players from bottom division, be careful...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dont forget attaque carp, he would be in the pro division if this tourney was on re :hmm: :hmm: