The thread about hand cavalry

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: The thread about hand cavalry

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientSparklingGarlicHeyGuys

Perfect line, no pathing issues 30 high dps infantry in the back. Lose 7 cav but killed about 2 yumis. Still dont know if im doing something wrong.
Well that was just sowars and yumis tbh. Also like G said, you may have been able to surround a bit better with your cav, and to kite forward more aggressively with your infantry. But ultimately it's just paper cav vs yumis.
I think with goons having only 20% rr, hand cav is fine in fortress overall
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Even with the slight nitpicking from you and G you cant deny how it wasnt worth it to even have hand cav, considering the little damage it did and the investment into it (two shipments). With that line youd expect some yumis to fall. I calculated the cav was 1240res investment( i did gardners as normal hussars), you should think that should kill more than 210res worth of yumis when they have no fucking anticav with them
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

propose to nerf yumi by making them cost 25f 50w 30c
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

sowars are just the shittiest cav in the game
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Kaiserklein wrote:
I think with goons having only 20% rr, hand cav is fine in fortress overall
Do you mean we can't make hand cav vs iro??
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Nothing wrong with that clip imo.
Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT
ESO: iamturk

Post by iamturk »

Yumis are anticav
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

The problem is that you keep engaging without a critical mass. If you have twice the cav, your cav will deal three times the damage. If your cav mass is too small (like in that example) then all you achieve really is running up to the infantry and then dying right away. If you have slightly more cav, you start actually dealing much more damage, especially with sowars which are made out of glass but shred infantry.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

in conclusion: just have more stuff. couldn't have come up with better advice myself
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

To be fair Hazza put some numbers on it and the numbers are compelling.

But I prefer to call Hazza bad.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Not really. The conclusion should be that you need a critical mass before cav is good. That move was just bad and I think he should've seen that coming from miles ahead.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

What about the tiger claws shipment, which although thry are paper thin AND skirms don't even do 0.75 vs them, they still clean up skirms extremely effectively. Why? I don't understand why they are so effective
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I think RI does x0.75 bs tiger claws. Also they have x2 vs RI so they basically dps as much as hussars. 10 huss is usually good.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

n0el wrote:
dansil92 wrote:What about the tiger claws shipment, which although thry are paper thin AND skirms don't even do 0.75 vs them, they still clean up skirms extremely effectively. Why? I don't understand why they are so effective
Speed
Double damage to non-heavy infantry.

Update: Garja beat me to it!
:salt:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:I think RI does x0.75 bs tiger claws. Also they have x2 vs RI so they basically dps as much as hussars. 10 huss is usually good.
No. It does 0.75 vs the "coyoteman" tag, which the Rattan Shield and Tiger Claw units infamously lack. Incidentally, this also means that ranged infantry does double damage to the Eagle Runner Knight, instead of one-and-a-half times damage, like it does to light cavalry. Notably, the Tiger Claw practically has the siege damage of a Musketeer.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

So what youre saying is i need double the resources invested in my army to beat his despite me making the better and counter composition
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

harcha wrote:propose to nerf yumi by making them cost 25f 50w 30c
Ooh, I like that!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Hazza54321 wrote:So what youre saying is i need double the resources invested in my army to beat his despite me making the better and counter composition
i did say just that.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Hazza54321 wrote:So what youre saying is i need double the resources invested in my army to beat his despite me making the better and counter composition
No. You don't understand. You either need to get a lot of cav or none at all. You don't suicide 4 sowars into a meatgrinder and then cry, because that's just a captain level move.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

There was also active TC fire for most of the fight, and halb minutes slowing. Anyways it feels like it's an anomalous scenario in an already unfavorable MU. Any potential balance issues would be between the specific units here (sowar, yumi) rather than to hand cavalry as a whole, I think. The former might have some merit.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

just practice some 1v1s vs @RefluxSemantic , i am sure he will show you the intricacies of the issue
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I do wonder how a cross-the-board reduction to hand calvary obstruction radius might improve play.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:I think RI does x0.75 bs tiger claws. Also they have x2 vs RI so they basically dps as much as hussars. 10 huss is usually good.
No. It does 0.75 vs the "coyoteman" tag, which the Rattan Shield and Tiger Claw units infamously lack. Incidentally, this also means that ranged infantry does double damage to the Eagle Runner Knight, instead of one-and-a-half times damage, like it does to light cavalry. Notably, the Tiger Claw practically has the siege damage of a Musketeer.
(Can we please nerf longbows at least to do 1.5vs erks, thats a brutal matchup)

The double damage buff is great but what i find most curious is that tiger claws are only 150 hp yet they seem to last forever vs skirms where huss seem to melt without a distinct population advantage
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
No. You don't understand. You either need to get a lot of cav or none at all. You don't suicide 4 sowars into a meatgrinder and then cry, because that's just a captain level move.
Well feel free to show me how its done as youre so great and know exactly what to do
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

The good old "ah he's actually right but I don't want to admit it so play me" argument.

You're too good of a player to be this oblivious about the game Hazza.