Age III: DE Beta sessions starting in early February

Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Re: Age III: DE Beta sessions starting in early February

Post by aligator92 »

grihaci wrote:Can we expect a toggle button to train villagers automatically? (I think this was present in AoM Titans) I am an Otto lamer captain, trying to get into the game again, but for the life of me, i cannot remember to build villagers constantly.
Poor creature. Still, you get what you deserve :hehe:
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

FINALLY THE ONLY IMPORTANT GAME I WAS WAITING FOR!! Aoe4 can wait another 10 years for me. Hopefully AGE 3 DE servers fix that old p2p system and use something modern lol, i don't even care about new maps or new civs, just fix that problem and i can buy the game some 3 times more.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

Darwin_ wrote:
chronique wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I feel like 14 civs is enough honestly. Would rather they remove some civs and replace them with better ones (looking at you, otto and spain).
Are you saying that you want remove spain from the game???????
Spain is by far the most boring and un-unique civ in both design and strategy. And Otto is just inherently broken.
You can't talk like that to my ESPAƑA, they practically almost exterminated every native american they found in the colonial age so now their DNA runs in my veins. They must be improved but not removed. ARRIBA ESPAƑA!. They're bigger than anything else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_te6zk3xho

"And we hate po-po
No Flag nopnek
Crossbow
ESO: Nop_Nek

Post by nopnek »

Something that frustrates me very much is that there's no Voicechat in-game, which would bring a whole new dynamic to the game, making the contact between the players more easy and therefore easier to combine tactics, synchronize attacks, etc. Is there a chance of a change of this kind occur in the game?

Another bad fact that annoys me is the impossibility of returning to a game once your connection drops. The vast majority of online games today give you condition to resume to the match after restored the connection. That would put a "new function" in Age3 that is very important and it's given by all the others onlines games nowdays.

I dont expect major civ balances right now. Maybe after releasing. I really expect they fix the connection issues on ESO
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Did anyone get invitation already? I check my email everyday

I mean...''early February''

Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

nopnek wrote:
Another bad fact that annoys me is the impossibility of returning to a game once your connection drops. The vast majority of online games today give you condition to resume to the match after restored the connection. That would put a "new function" in Age3 that is very important and it's given by all the others onlines games nowdays.
I am pretty sure EP has that function already
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

yoqpasa wrote:Did anyone get invitation already? I check my email everyday

RT

"And we hate po-po
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

aligator92 wrote:
nopnek wrote:
Well yeah you can save a game on Ep and play it later.

I think he meant that if you lose your connection for only a few seconds, it means you drop out of the game and lose it. Nothing worse than a random router reset at 1 am while you just won a fight convincingly, but then you drop and lose 30 EP ELO!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

triggered
mad cuz bad
No Flag nopnek
Crossbow
ESO: Nop_Nek

Post by nopnek »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
nopnek wrote:

I think he meant that if you lose your connection for only a few seconds, it means you drop out of the game and lose it. Nothing worse than a random router reset at 1 am while you just won a fight convincingly, but then you drop and lose 30 EP ELO!
Yeah, I mean losing connection in online games.
Its so frustraiting, and there's no way of connecting to the match again.

I really hope they are working on that. Also a in game voice chat could be good imo
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

yoqpasa wrote:Did anyone get invitation already? I check my email everyday

This was the latest piece of news, just "soon"... I guess they'll tweet when they send out the first round of invites.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

if i dont get the invitation then its a discrimination
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

nopnek wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah, I mean losing connection in online games.
Its so frustraiting, and there's no way of connecting to the match again.

I really hope they are working on that. Also a in game voice chat could be good imo
I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's actually a very complex issue and they didn't do it even for AoE2, so there's pretty much no chance it will ever be implemented I think.
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

iNcog wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:AoE2 DE is still a piece of shit. Less now, after multiple patches, but yeah. Certainly not as bad as wc3 reforged though.
Why was it a piece of shit? I never played or followed the game super closely so I am curious
@Goodspeed ping one more time coz Iā€™m interested in why too
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Tired of waiting for BETA wtf they r doing...
:nwc:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

No invite yet :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Cometk wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:AoE2 DE is still a piece of shit. Less now, after multiple patches, but yeah. Certainly not as bad as wc3 reforged though.
Why was it a piece of shit? I never played or followed the game super closely so I am curious
The same things that were wrong at release minus some of the less important bugs that were fixed and improved balance. I think performance also improved a bit. But unit pathing is still game breaking on higher levels of play. The online lobby system is bad and anti-social which is detrimental for smaller communities. Imagine ESO without a friends list and the only way to play rated is quicksearch. Also the spectator system is a large step back from what they had before DE, and buggy.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
The same things that were wrong at release minus some of the less important bugs that were fixed and improved balance. I think performance also improved a bit. But unit pathing is still game breaking on higher levels of play. The online lobby system is bad and anti-social which is detrimental for smaller communities. Imagine ESO without a friends list and the only way to play rated is quicksearch. Also the spectator system is a large step back from what they had before DE, and buggy.
That makes sense. hmm.

Well are they working on improving it?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

At their leisure
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Shame.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iNcog wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
That makes sense. hmm.

From what I understand, priority for MS is to release DE1, DE2 and DE3 all before AoE4 is released. This puts pressure on the studios which inevitably results in a lower overall quality. So while they are working on improving 1DE and 2DE, right now they have to make sure 3DE can be released in time. So yes, it's being worked on, but it seems like there aren't a lot of resources dedicated to improving the already released titles.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

edeholland wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes
That makes sense. hmm.

From what I understand, priority for MS is to release DE1, DE2 and DE3 all before AoE4 is released. This puts pressure on the studios which inevitably results in a lower overall quality. So while they are working on improving 1DE and 2DE, right now they have to make sure 3DE can be released in time. So yes, it's being worked on, but it seems like there aren't a lot of resources dedicated to improving the already released titles.
I'm not going to lie, I'm not overly excited about DE's release. It's going to split the community and DE will be less good than EP. 100%
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iNcog wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I'm not going to lie, I'm not overly excited about DE's release. It's going to split the community and DE will be less good than EP. 100%
I think you overestimate what DE has to do in order to be succesful for ESOC. If they implement EP maps and have a stable, functioning multiplayer system, that's probably reason enough to make the switch. The casual playerbase will be split, but we will also attract new players with the DE.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

edeholland wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I think you overestimate what DE has to do in order to be succesful for ESOC. If they implement EP maps and have a stable, functioning multiplayer system, that's probably reason enough to make the switch. The casual playerbase will be split, but we will also attract new players with the DE.
I agree with you. But I am not optimistic about the release of things. I'd like to see it to believe it. It shouldn't be too hard for all those things to happen but I'm always careful when it comes to developers doing the right thing these days. Relic is a good company though, so there is that to it.

Also I noticed that the Steam population has actually had an increase recently. Which is awesome. I hope DE attracts more players and groups them together. Fingers crossed, but nor am I getting my hopes up. We'll just have to see. :hmm: