Age III: DE Beta sessions starting in early February

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Age III: DE Beta sessions starting in early February

Post by Goodspeed »

Kaiserklein wrote:I wouldn't be so sure about that.
If history is any indication...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I wouldn't be so sure about that.
If history is any indication...
In any case, I think it's going to be on ESOC to adapt to DE as opposed to us expecting good things.

This reminds me too much of RE taking over support of the game, to be honest.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I think we can expect the DE to do similar things to the other ones, a few new maps, a new, freshly broken civ, possibly obs mode built in, better anti-cheat.
Id be surprised to see civs fully rebalanced, but the more simple changes like iro losing a wood crate, will probably be carried over into DE
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

edeholland wrote:So yes, it's being worked on, but it seems like there aren't a lot of resources dedicated to improving the already released titles.
Not sure about all the negativity without having anyone actually playing the beta
United States of America dale1324
Crossbow
ESO: Dale1324

Post by dale1324 »

Been playing this game with my little brother for 15 years! Super excited for the BETA and have updated my insider settings. Is there any other advice I can get to help my chances of getting the AOE3 DE beta? Thanks!
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Dude, we are twins.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

[Redacted]
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

[Redacted]

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

well at least now i know i ain't gonna get it
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Goodspeed wrote:At their leisure
I'm sorry to be blunt GS but please refrain from comments like these about things you have no idea about.... This isn't aoe1:DE, where they indeed went shark mode and didn't do anything for well over a year. They know how important aoe2 is and make sure to not fuck it up. The game just recently came out and most of the grievances are fixed. Give them half a year and then look at the game again. i recently played aoe2:DE again and it was amazing how well it already works.
iNcog wrote:Well are they working on improving it?
Of course they are, look at the official website, they fixed a lot of the grievances already. They also made sure that the hardcore aoe2 community had a say in a lot of the changes and design choices.
blackout wrote:
edeholland wrote:So yes, it's being worked on, but it seems like there aren't a lot of resources dedicated to improving the already released titles.
Not sure about all the negativity without having anyone actually playing the beta
This guy gets it. They developed a whole new network architecture for the game, and it shows on aoe2:DE tbh, the game is so smooth and lagfree, no comparison to aoe3. The same newly written network-part will be used for aoe3:DE as well, that will make teamgames even more smooth.
ESOC Patch or not, the game aoe3 is from 2005-2007, and it shows technically. Don't forget that moesbar hacks, ALt+D, droptricking and the sound bug are a thing of the past also, these things alone make it worth it. Plus, since the game won't be cheap ans you won't be able to make new accounts on a whim without actually rebuying the game, people can't just make 10000 smurf accounts :chinese:

If you are so deadset on ESOC Patch, well you can just carry over the same changes after aoe3:DE comes out. Pretty sure the game will be modable in that regard. Should take a couple of months or so. First you would need to account for the aoe3 to aoe3:DE changes though.

Once aoe3:DE is up and running you guys will forget about this ancient piece of software called aoe3 :salt:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I want and hope that AOE3DE is everything you said it will be.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

iNcog wrote:I want and hope that AOE3DE is everything you said it will be.
Let's hope together :love:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

iNcog wrote:Also I noticed that the Steam population has actually had an increase recently. Which is awesome. I hope DE attracts more players and groups them together. Fingers crossed, but nor am I getting my hopes up. We'll just have to see. :hmm:
Just going to point out that January always gets a huge spike to the steam population and usually goes back down after a couple of months.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mitoe wrote:
iNcog wrote:Also I noticed that the Steam population has actually had an increase recently. Which is awesome. I hope DE attracts more players and groups them together. Fingers crossed, but nor am I getting my hopes up. We'll just have to see. :hmm:
Just going to point out that January always gets a huge spike to the steam population and usually goes back down after a couple of months.
True, but just going to point out that AoE3 Steam population has been overall steadily increasing pretty much ever since the game's release on Steam. population-statistics
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mitoe wrote:
Yep. Those graphs go up and down for the steam sale. But the trend shows that the low population is stable and slighly on the rise.

Sec. This is the graph that made me say this:
Screenshot_20200210-165856_Firefox.jpg
Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

aaryngend wrote:
iNcog wrote:I want and hope that AOE3DE is everything you said it will be.
Let's hope together :love:
If AOE3DE gets the same amount of love as AOE2 did then I will be quite happy.
Garja wrote:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Djigit wrote:[Redacted]
Where to check this?
:nwc:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

harcha wrote:well at least now i know i ain't gonna get it
Same haha
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Im just 100% dying at how many times the line "this and all beta communications are covered by NDA" email has been reposted :lol:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Ah well, I guess they just didn’t want some random strat guy to ruin the multiplayer experience and give a false sense of imbalance. Fair enough.

I do hope the selection process doesn’t depend on geographical location, though...
oranges.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

Aizamk wrote:Ah well, I guess they just didn’t want some random strat guy to ruin the multiplayer experience and give a false sense of imbalance. Fair enough.

I do hope the selection process doesn’t depend on geographical location, though...
If it's anything like aoe2 they want people with good pcs at a minimum. Then they go for a representative sample of age/sex rather than knowledge of the game.

So you end up with people who know jack shit for the first 2/3rd of the beta :(
India Frosty_2
Musketeer

Post by Frosty_2 »

I hope aoe3 DE has that unit which would allow us to ship units across wall.
tan tan tan ..tantatan.. tantatan.. tantatan...
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

february early have 3 more days to finish. zzzz
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aaryngend wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:At their leisure
I'm sorry to be blunt GS but please refrain from comments like these about things you have no idea about.... This isn't aoe1:DE, where they indeed went shark mode and didn't do anything for well over a year. They know how important aoe2 is and make sure to not fuck it up. The game just recently came out and most of the grievances are fixed. Give them half a year and then look at the game again. i recently played aoe2:DE again and it was amazing how well it already works.
I know they're working on it. Just not hard enough for my taste. And I doubt they'll ever add social features to the multiplayer lobby, which I think is hugely important for the long term health of the community.
The game just recently came out and most of the grievances are fixed.
Who are you to decide, on the behalf of the entire aoe2 community, that most of the grievances are fixed? Speak for yourself, please.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Aizamk wrote:Ah well, I guess they just didn’t want some random strat guy to ruin the multiplayer experience and give a false sense of imbalance. Fair enough.

If you were in the beta, vills would be getting nerfed to half hp/attack :uglylol: