Post by yemshi »

why didn't I just google before asking this?^^
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Papist »

It's a game bug that revives your explorer.

It switches his stance (i.e. the "d" puts him in defensive stance rather than volley stance), and the game revives him to recognize this command. He will come back with almost no hp and the LOS of livestock, which makes him useless for direct combat purposes. However, this bug is severely imbalanced for 3 reasons: 1)Warchiefs can be revived and provide their hp buff indefinitely, 2)Trading posts cannot be denied in discovery, as the explorer can simply be revived to hammer a few times again and again, 3)This can allow the explorer to continue to pick up and/or contest treasures.

If it were not impossible to prove or track, this would probably be considered a cheat by the larger community.

PS: Alt-D is the most recognizable form of this bug, but there is one for every stance (e.g. Alt-S, Alt-M, etc.)

Most players learn Alt-D in scenarios like risk, where it is more of a necessity than a cheat.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by thebritish »

wuangaga wrote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=age+of+empires+3+alt+d+glitch
lol
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I asked the admins of ESO and they told me it was in the game, not a cheat.
France iNcog
Ninja

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by iNcog »

papist wrote:It''s a game bug that revives your explorer.

It switches his stance (i.e. the "d" puts him in defensive stance rather than volley stance), and the game revives him to recognize this command. He will come back with almost no hp and the LOS of livestock, which makes him useless for direct combat purposes. However, this bug is severely imbalanced for 3 reasons: 1)Warchiefs can be revived and provide their hp buff indefinitely, 2)Trading posts cannot be denied in discovery, as the explorer can simply be revived to hammer a few times again and again, 3)This can allow the explorer to continue to pick up and/or contest treasures.

If it were not impossible to prove or track, this would probably be considered a cheat by the larger community.

PS: Alt-D is the most recognizable form of this bug, but there is one for every stance (e.g. Alt-S, Alt-M, etc.)

Most players learn Alt-D in scenarios like risk, where it is more of a necessity than a cheat.

Pretty much.

It''s nothing short of cheating though, in real games. You aren''t allowed to use this exploit and doing so will quickly you strip you of any dignity you might have had before using it.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by iNcog »

diarouga wrote:I asked the admins of ESO and they told me it was in the game, not a cheat.

The same ESO admins who are letting moesbar running rampant?

They say it''s not a cheat because they aren''t going to patch it, so it becomes a hassle to enforce the rule. That is the ONLY reason they said that.

It''s nothing short of cheating.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India _DB_
Howdah

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by _DB_ »

How to darwin with alt + d-

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZuHWlAfkQ8[/youtube]
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by momuuu »

I dont even think its that bad. I almost like it as a game mechanic, as its basically a double edged sword. After all, you're giving your opponent 45 exp everytime the explorer dies, so the TP denying thing still works.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by thebritish »

subzero wrote:How to darwin with alt + d-

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZuHWlAfkQ8"][/video]

:D
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by thebritish »

i think i have read about this on agecommunity if i am not wrong, but i have never used it though :D
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by deleted_user0 »

Anti-ottoman guide, dick-edition
1. Play Iro
2. Keep killing abus with eagle eye ability
3. If explorer dies, alt+d and eagle eye more abus
4. Repeat until no more abus
5. Good to do during main fights so opponent doesn't notice the faggot is alive again.
Note: Don't do this too often to make sure that you have the ability available and explorer has regened some health.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Marco1698 »

Alt + d isn't a cheat, but if you abuse about it it becomes a cheat of course
No Flag occult11
Crossbow

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by occult11 »

It's pretty broken for Japan players. Lose your explorer? NO PROBLEM! Just alt+d and keep on shrining.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Goodspeed »

Of course it's broken, it's a bug......
Anyone who uses it is worthy of only one thing: my pest list.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Good ol Ivan »

incog wrote:
diarouga wrote:I asked the admins of ESO and they told me it was in the game, not a cheat.
The same ESO admins who are letting moesbar running rampant?

They say its not a cheat because they arent going to patch it, so it becomes a hassle to enforce the rule. That is the ONLY reason they said that.

Its nothing short of cheating.
+11

Your explorer is supposed to be dead and you should only revive him with another unit when he has enough HP. This is not a feature, its a bug.
This shit is broken as it makes the explorer invincible, which is a very good deal for native civs, india, and Japan
No Flag occult11
Crossbow

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by occult11 »

calmyourtits wrote:Of course it''s broken, it''s a bug......
Well from some of the posts in this thread it doesn''t sound like everyone appreciates how amoral and broken it is. I think it''s usage is also disappointingly high.
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

If u only have scout left (Tc and vills got killed) and alt+d like 5 times being killed right after u receive insta resign lol.
Not like this would have happened to me ...
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Papist »

marco1698 wrote:Alt + d isn''t a cheat, but if you abuse about it it becomes a cheat of course
Play a game against an Iroquois player with town destroyer who is using that bug and then tell me it isn''t a cheat.

Jul 29, 2015 17:02:41 GMT -4 oO_Chief_Oo said:

If u only have scout left (Tc and vills got killed) and alt+d like 5 times being killed right after u receive insta resign lol.

Why would anyone resign over that? Just camp units on the explorer and send vils to wall it in. Then place towers all around and write "NOOB" with wall pieces.

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Marco1698 »

papist wrote:
marco1698 wrote:Alt + d isnt a cheat, but if you abuse about it it becomes a cheat of course
Play a game against an Iroquois player with town destroyer who is using that bug and then tell me it isnt a cheat.

Jul 29, 2015 17:02:41 GMT -4 oO_Chief_Oo said:

Why would anyone resign over that? Just camp units on the explorer and send vils to wall it in. Then place towers all around and write "NOOB" with wall pieces.

ye it isnt just a glitch. Like said... If you use it constantly it becomes a cheat though.. Anyway its lame you can take a treasure finish a tp upgrade ur units ecc. All actions you couldnt do if you made the mistake to lose Explorer. On those cases just play and dont use that glitch only to fix mistake imo
No Flag S_I_D
Musketeer

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by S_I_D »

calmyourtits wrote:Of course it''s broken, it''s a bug......

+1
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Papist »

marco1698 wrote:
papist wrote:Play a game against an Iroquois player with town destroyer who is using that bug and then tell me it isnt a cheat.

ye it isnt just a glitch. Like said... If you use it constantly it becomes a cheat though.. Anyway its lame you can take a treasure finish a tp upgrade ur units ecc. All actions you couldnt do if you made the mistake to lose Explorer. On those cases just play and dont use that glitch only to fix mistake imo
If you use it once it becomes a cheat. One revival can end the game (e.g. one more siege animation on the tc, one more eagle shot on the infantry). You are relying on people to do the right thing. Bad idea.

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Marco1698 »

papist wrote:
marco1698 wrote: ye it isnt just a glitch. Like said... If you use it constantly it becomes a cheat though.. Anyway its lame you can take a treasure finish a tp upgrade ur units ecc. All actions you couldnt do if you made the mistake to lose Explorer. On those cases just play and dont use that glitch only to fix mistake imo
If you use it once it becomes a cheat. One revival can end the game (e.g. one more siege animation on the tc, one more eagle shot on the infantry). You are relying on people to do the right thing. Bad idea.

well so every top player who uses it is considered a cheater? Veni uses it during stream
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

WTF is Alt+D?

Post by Papist »

marco1698 wrote:
papist wrote:If you use it once it becomes a cheat. One revival can end the game (e.g. one more siege animation on the tc, one more eagle shot on the infantry). You are relying on people to do the right thing. Bad idea.
well so every top player who uses it is considered a cheater? Veni uses it during stream
Then Veni abuses cheats.