giphy.gif
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Best player?

Post by mnogud »

marco1698 wrote:What about posting some decent recs of him ? I have got some recs as "Salmient" vs tonkatu, boneng.
yeah pls post recs of salmient
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Best player?

Post by Einfein »

garja wrote:Its not even hypotetical tho. He has always been the guy to beat from pretty much the moment he started playing AOE3 to the moment he retired. It would be the same now, if he had continued playing. He also has won more money in games than all other aoe3 players combined (earnings)
I always assumed he had won more then that. Apparently being a professional gamer back then was even harder then I thought.

In the end it probably just comes down to who decides to play more for which tournaments. Grunt had a strong showing for a long period of time. Near the end H2o beat him in one of the games biggest tournaments. I cant imagine he would lose because of rust when there was a cash prize on the line. But I doubt anyone will ever know.

I will say that I believe grunt had an advantage over other players in his prime because he rarely allowed his games to be recorded whereas other players posted many of theirs. He could see what their habits were while he was a mystery for quite a while. Either way, all three are very skilled and worth being mentioned here.

Slightly off topic, but did grunt play water maps? Its been so long I cant remember whether he had a good water game or not.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Best player?

Post by Good ol Ivan »

honorable mention:
Naturephoenix
flooky
samwise
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Best player?

Post by r4go »

grunt overall.. he was the God. Who says he will be noob on the "modern" age need take a break from being always drunk
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers: