$500 GUA Sub Tournament

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

$500 GUA Sub Tournament

Post by giveuanxiety »

Hey guys, things are still in the works and the prize pool and rules are not official yet but I will post this now and make any adjustments as I need.
This tournament is planned to start March 1st. However, the start date may need to be pushed back to the middle of March or April 1st. I will keep you posted on this.

$500 GUA Sub Tournament for the month of March
$425 to 1st place team: $130 to each player
$75 to 2nd place team: $25 to each player
Winning team MVP of the finals $35 (Sub only vote)

Tournament Format: 3v3 tournament

Rules: Teams can have a maximum of 3 players per team. All players must be a subscriber to my twitch channel.
We will take the top 8 teams and place them in a bracket.
All series BO3. Finals: BO5

Any ESOC map can be picked by the teams. Maps cannot be repeated in the same series.
Teams will take turns picking maps and civs. The team with the higher seed gets to decide if they choose to pick the map first or their civ first. Team A will pick the map for game 1 then Team B will pick the map for game 2, and so on until all the maps are decided for the entire series. There are zero map vetos.

Civ selection: Each team gets 1 civ ban per game. Teams will each say their civ bans before each individual game and then they will move onto the civ selections. Team A will choose a civ, this civ is for their team and any member of their team can play this civ in the game and they can decide which player will play the picked civ after all the civs for the game have been determined. Then Team B will pick their first civ, and so on until all the civs are selected for the game.
Team members on the same team cannot pick the same civ as their teammates.

Each team must appoint a team captain: They will work with scheduling, and they will respond with map picks, civ bans and civ selections.

In order to sign up for the tournament EACH player from a team MUST post in this topic saying who is on their team and who is their captain. Each player also MUST be a sub to my twitch channel as of March 1st. and be pr 30 or higher. (Exceptions to the pr rule may be made)

I will take the top 8 team to compete. (exceptions may be made to include more than 8 teams if there are additional teams that want in)

No trade monopoly victory, if someone does it and they let the timer run out then the other team will recieve the win for the game. There will be no map restarts unless a map is severly bugged. (Missing a tp or something along those lines). All players must have their games streamed and casted. Players are not allowed/ encourage to make comments about lag. If someone continually complains of lag they will be warned and if they still continue to bring up issues about lag then they may be removed from the tournament.

Free Agents
(These are players that are subscribed to my twitch channel and that would like to compete in this tournament. They currently do not have a team and would like to form a team or get picked up by a team.)
Soldier
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: $500 GUA Sub Tournament

Post by deleted_user »

Love a team tourney and very hype.

Propositions:

1) Ammend to 2v2 and or
2) Introduce a combined team Elo or PR limit to diversify teams
No Flag Bucknasty
Musketeer

Post by Bucknasty »

deleted_user wrote:Love a team tourney and very hype.

Propositions:

1) Ammend to 2v2 and or
2) Introduce a combined team Elo or PR limit to diversify teams
Haha combined team elo....like some team never broke that rule
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

BO5 3v3 would take hours
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

3v3 tourney cannot be a good idea for multiple reasons
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

3v3 tourney hype!
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Wow that's exciting as fuck! Awesome!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

Very nice! Make sure that you ask ESOC to fix some 3v3 obs issues that there currently are though. (OOS, TP LOS when you don't have native civs, diplomacy, rated casted games, ...)
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

"No trade monopoly victory, if someone does it and they let the timer run out then the other team will recieve the win for the game." the fuck??

Also i was messing around casting 3 3v3's and after 2 hours of talking i was happy to not carry on at that point. Would recommend reducing down to Bo3 and Bo%, maybe Bo3 throughout
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

This reminds me of that one big clan tournament that used to run. RTSL?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

RTSL was so much fun. It still exits by the way!
mad cuz bad
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

3v3 seems too complicated to organize--especially if you're planning on casting the majority of it yourself. It'll be hard to get 7 players free at the same time of day for 2-3 hours, especially considering that you're in a North American time zone so your availability is limited. 2v2 might be better?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Team tourny is really cool, will use my amazon prime to sign up! :P

3v3 would be hard to schedule for sure.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Players are not allowed/ encourage to make comments about lag. If someone continually complains of lag they will be warned and if they still continue to bring up issues about lag then they may be removed from the tournament.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

maybe he would need to export some of the casting duties :P
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Really recommend not banning trade monopoly.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kawapasaka wrote:Really recommend not banning trade monopoly.
Yea, useless rule that incentives passive and campy play.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Love the idea of a team tourney, 2v2 or 3v3 whatever
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

I know that you are pretty fixed on 3v3, but I must admit that it's kinda nightmare to watch, not to mention organizing and casting. I would enjoy 2v2 much more - it makes it possible to implement some unique shipments and multiplayer strategy while keeping cohesive gameplan that the audience can follow. 3v3 is just a little bit of a clusterfuck, unfortunately. :P

Maybe it would be possible to make bigger teams with players rotating or something like that if you want to revive the team/clan spirit?

P.S.
I watched your stream yesterday, and when it came to 3v3s, my impression was that at no point in the game you, as a caster, were able to follow all the things that were happening simultaneously
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah 3v3 would be too laggy, hard to schedule, hard to cast and follow everything, and 3v3 as a gamemode is quite a mess. Also its harder to pick up on good plays or plays you need to improve on. Also means more people to carry ;)
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Honestly if you're going to host a team tournament 2v2 is the way to go, like people said above... scheduling and lag will be big problems with 3v3. Also imo 2v2 is more entertaining to watch than 3v3 from a viewer POV & easier to keep up with the action around the map as a caster.
Retired Contributor

samwise12 wrote:Honestly if you're going to host a team tournament 2v2 is the way to go, like people said above... scheduling and lag will be big problems with 3v3.
Players are not allowed/ encourage to make comments about lag. If someone continually complains of lag they will be warned and if they still continue to bring up issues about lag then they may be removed from the tournament.
Retired Contributor

Man Samoncewisewhen12 is out of tournament even before it began
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

I like 3v3 format tbh, 2v2 has been done before and 3v3 lets you go full abus or full goon without needing to mix. I do think unbanning trade monopoly would be good, imo it's used almost never in 3v3 anyway. But imagine a game vs noname and titnesie with no TM possibility lol.

Also like callens 2nd idea to make teams more even or what kaister said in twitchchat where all signed up players are divided into 3 tiers based on skill and then all teams must have one player from each tier.

Regardless I think the main problem is scheduling, lag was fine yesterday when we did 3v3with 2 obsers and also quite enjoyable to watch. It's cool with variation.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I was expecting to hear lots of different opinions and I respect them all but I'm going to keep the tournament 3v3. With no tier or elo limit. I want friends to be able to play together and for people to be able to make whatever teams they want. This also in a way would make scheduling a little easier.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?