$500 GUA Sub Tournament

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: $500 GUA Sub Tournament

Post by princeofcarthage »

gibson wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Well there are games with 100 players which play with no lag, also about 50% of the time I don't think its network issue, its more likely CPU lag due to people still playing on 8 bit console or super modern Nasa comp which can't handle old games.
games with dedicated servers where everyone has sub 40 ping
Age 3 has required network settings of 52 kbps, do you really think, even the worst one which in my area is 10 mbps right now can't handle 5 connections? Ofc ping matters but I have rarely faced any lag even with EU or NA players. Network issues would cause command lag, freezes, stuck and fps drops are most likely PC based
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Half of RE players having a yellow green ping is definitely a CPU issue
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

u may wanna consider smth along teams of for example teams of 3 ppl and they have to switch playing during the series playing 2v2, coz these 3v3 games gonna be straight trash ;)
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Well thats unfortunately the product of having to play vs people all over the world with still average internet. How does server based gameplay going to reduce network lag? It only works because gaming companies host servers closer to where you stay, something which MS can't afford to do because of lower playercount.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Can people start annoucing teams so I know which loner misfits to band together with please?
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

yes they can, I will edit this topic/ make a new post later today to get it a little more organized. I can make a free agent list for ppl that are subed and looking for a team.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Ok I edited my first post to include some more info, if you are subbed to my twitch channel and are looking for a team let me know and I will add you as a free agent in the original post.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Need a team.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

NAmen
mad cuz bad
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

princeofcarthage wrote:Age 3 has required network settings of 52 kbps, do you really think, even the worst one which in my area is 10 mbps right now can't handle 5 connections? Ofc ping matters but I have rarely faced any lag even with EU or NA players. Network issues would cause command lag, freezes, stuck and fps drops are most likely PC based
You do realize that the 52kpbs is just about the minimum bandwidth required to play the game ?? No game will ever use 5Mbps per second, even though that would be extremely low, but that is not the point. The point is that you send and receive a lot of tiny packets back and forth, and shitty internet will make you have a much higher ping + lots of random spikes. Even 25Mbps is shit-tier internet in my eyes, it's the bare minimum which qualifies as broadband nowadays.
Any decent connection should be able to handle 100, 250, 500 or in best case even a 1 Gigabit connection. Mind you this is not about what you book, but about what is achievable with your current net! If Person A can get 500 Mbps, but choses to only get 100 Mbps, saving money, then his line quality is still that of a 500 Mbps connection, minus the bandwidth. They don't make your internet "worse "so you only get 100 Mbps out of 500, they artifically limit it by only giving you that amount.
I have a fiber connection going from 100 Mbps to 1000 Mbps doesn't change my ping at all, obviously.

Anyway, no matter how good your net is, playing all over the world with a P2P-connection system is laggy. Especially with multiple people at one, e.g. 3vs3.
This is why I love Riot Games, they made their own internet backbones all over the world knowing how to handle the network packets of the game. People directly connect from their ISP to the Riot backbone and they handle the dataflow ideally. Current internet was not made for games in mind, just exchanging data.
This is why we would need a real observer mode in aoe3:DE, one where the caster gets the info a little delayed and is in no way connected to the two people duking it out, so his lag or disconnection won't matter for the flow of the game.
Kaiserklein wrote:Half of RE players having a yellow green ping is definitely a CPU issue
You mean definitely not. Or was it sarcasm? I remember that l looking at your deck also used to shoot up your ping in the lobby.

I also just saw that this tournament is only for subs? That also limits the player pool for 3vs3, I don't know how many subs GUA has though.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

aaryngend wrote:I also just saw that this tournament is only for subs? That also limits the player pool for 3vs3, I don't know how many subs GUA has though.
depends how many xeelee gifts
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The biggest problem is the tournament format is uncompetative. There will only be 1, possibly 2 teams that have any chance of winning.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

thats not really true, out of these hypothetical teams which teams are the obvious clear favorites?

Kynesie, tit, lecastete

Kaiser, knus, hazza

snow, miote, lukas

Soldier, turk, aiz

prince, rapha, samwise

TLS, somp kingofosmane

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

How many of those players will pay $5 and sign up? And then who else will sign up to get bashed first round?

If you allow players to choose their teams and introduce no Elo/PR limit then Hazza, Prince, and their chosen third will be heavy favorites.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Good luck convincing Lukas to play a single game
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

And Kaiser and Rapha
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

If you give him the right mates you can convince Kaiser
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Well I want this tournament to work but it seems about 10x more problematic than 1v1, and 8x more problematic than 2v2
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea half those players dont even play team xD. Obviously the hazza prince knusch/erik team would be the favorite. A tit/kynesie/pr35+, or a samwise/TLS/pr35+ could potentially have a chance but outside of that no one really would.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

I’m won’t be playing, it just doesn’t sound remotely fun and I don’t feel like wasting hours of my time
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Kaiser playing team? naw
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

aaryngend wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote: Half of RE players having a yellow green ping is definitely a CPU issue
You mean definitely not. Or was it sarcasm? I remember that l looking at your deck also used to shoot up your ping in the lobby.
It was definitely not sarcasm
giveuanxiety wrote:thats not really true, out of these hypothetical teams which teams are the obvious clear favorites?

Kynesie, tit, lecastete

Kaiser, knus, hazza

snow, miote, lukas

Soldier, turk, aiz

prince, rapha, samwise

TLS, somp kingofosmane
Like half the players you wrote in there won't even play this tourney lol, especially as you have to sub to play
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

What epElo/jpElo/pr system are you using for seeding? Or subjective player seeds?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@WickedCossack i think he already said that he wants friends to be able to play together, as in hoping for 2 equal teams to self organize
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Tbf hes missing like jeri daniel wicked etc off that list so there is potential for a decent number of high level teams. I would like an elo limit to make things interesting (the last 2v2 was abit one sided). Lukas wont play, kaiser mitoe might sign up as a team but kaiser will only do so if he has a shot at winning. Raphael wont sign either.
I dont think the 5 dollar sub will be an issue, plenty of people gift subs, and if people are really wanting to participate they would spend just 5 dollars.

Also imo there does need to be more clear map rules, trade monopoly should be a thing as spamming walls does seem to be a thing nowadays. Also the lag rule makes little sense.